+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 64 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, Not sure if anyone is around on this thread or if there is a better place for me to go... I'm looking for some advice.

I've done numerous transfers (10 plus) and about 6 cycles with one successful pregnancy. With so many failed cycles and 2 miscarriages I am on the PGD route and have just received my first results.

I've just batched 5 embryos from 2 (very stressful) cycles and received my results:
    2 abnormal
    2 inconclusive
    1 no result at all (didn't even know this was an option)

At this point, I have no idea at all what I should do. I've worked so hard to get these embies, should I just throw them away and move on or do transfers? I don't want to go through more miscarriages, but don't want to discard embryos that could be OK. This is so hard and I am really starting to struggle with the IVF journey. I just seem to be hitting hurdle after hurdle and am starting to loose it!!!

Maybe I should just do a couple more cycles and run more testing to try and get some embryos to test? This probably would mean 2 more cycles though to get enough to test?

Has anyone been in a similar situation or have any advice to offer? I'm 39 in October and feel as though our window for TTC is closing... We've agreed December is our cutoff and I'm starting to grieve already the end of this journey . Just not sure where to from here....

TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have been doing the same type of thing, batching embryos then testing them. My first set of PGD result were similar to yours. I had 4 embryos tested, 2 were abnormal and 2 no result. I too didn't realise no result was an option. That made me really angry cos I felt that should have been discussed. We transferred the 2 no result embryos but nothing came of it. I'm glad I did though, else is always wonder what if. Wishing you lots of luck. PGD is really hard.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by josi View Post
    Hi, Not sure if anyone is around on this thread or if there is a better place for me to go... I'm looking for some advice.

I've done numerous transfers (10 plus) and about 6 cycles with one successful pregnancy. With so many failed cycles and 2 miscarriages I am on the PGD route and have just received my first results.

I've just batched 5 embryos from 2 (very stressful) cycles and received my results:
    2 abnormal
    2 inconclusive
    1 no result at all (didn't even know this was an option)

At this point, I have no idea at all what I should do. I've worked so hard to get these embies, should I just throw them away and move on or do transfers? I don't want to go through more miscarriages, but don't want to discard embryos that could be OK. This is so hard and I am really starting to struggle with the IVF journey. I just seem to be hitting hurdle after hurdle and am starting to loose it!!!

Maybe I should just do a couple more cycles and run more testing to try and get some embryos to test? This probably would mean 2 more cycles though to get enough to test?

Has anyone been in a similar situation or have any advice to offer? I'm 39 in October and feel as though our window for TTC is closing... We've agreed December is our cutoff and I'm starting to grieve already the end of this journey . Just not sure where to from here....

TIA
    That's really ****ty and I feel for u as iv been through the same, I had first collection resulting in 7 embryos for testing and all abnormal, then we decided to stock pile but my next collection was 24 and 21 lovely embryos for testing, out of the 21 tested I had 8 with my husbands balanced translocation and 11 abnormal and two high grade embryos that I will transfer next week, we thought it was the end for us and if these two don't work we will back to stock piling and doing a few more cycles in the hope to get a good one or two as out of 28 embryos 2 were good! Iv not heard of inconclusive or no
    Result, I would be concerned. Would your clinic even give u the option to put them in???? I think we all have that feeling of possibly throwing away good embryos but mine were all looking to be the best of the best but we have to trust there judgment. Sometimes I think they mess up in the testing but that's just me x good luck and I'll get my results and pm u with them so u can compare and see if they may make sense of yours x

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Are they day 5 or day 3 embryos?

Our clinic didn't give us the option of transferring abnormal embryos. As for no result wtf? Can they not retest? We had one that was inconclusive and they retested it and came back normal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Retesting depends on the clinic and the stage of the embryo. But it can be done if you push hard enough.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Out of many day 5 embryos (6 rounds of IVF) I only ever had one come back with no result (due to low number of cells being taken during biopsy) and it was retested and was normal. Not all embies can be retested/re-biopsied due to limitations of the laboratory process and rules that clinics have regarding the length of time embies can be in culture respectively. You could ask your clinic about trying the old method of FISH as from what I understand, it requires less DNA (fewer cells) than CGH and may be possible if that is the issue? Although it only tests certain chromosomes so might not be suitable for your specific genetic issue.

I have had some embies that were not suitable for biopsy but otherwise looked good. They cannot be biopsied without compromising the viability of the embryo. I am in the same boat as you. If our one normal embie does not result in a pregnancy, should I use my untested embies? Its a hard decision. We are having a FET with our normal embie next month.

Stay positive ladies! It does work despite the frustrations. I have one beautiful CGH bub already and am trying for #2. Its taken us 3 rounds of IVF each time to get the normal embie but once you get it.......

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am having cgh done this cycle due to 3 failed transfers. Can anyone advise how long it takes to get the results? Thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jerry, at my clinic it takes around 3 weeks or so for the results to come back. This is with day 5 embies being biopsied. Hope that helps.

Josi, I'm sorry to hear you've had "no result" come from your biopsies. It is a very stressful process. I've done 3 cycles, with 6 embies to test: 1 was normal, 2 abnormal, 2 inconclusive and I'm waiting on 1 more. My clinic tried re-testing the inconclusive ones but it didn't make a difference, they still came back inconclusive the second time. I'm older too, and I've finally gotten my head around this probably leading to me having to do a whole lot more cycles to find a normal one, but I'll have to see what my FS has to say.

Rtropps, Galea, SimpsonDesert, Nattie, flying fish, Little dove and anyone else CGH-ing.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SpringRain For This Useful Post:

Jerrybaby  (10-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi guys

Its been 3 weeks since my Epu. I cant remember how many went to biopsy this time round..... not because it isnt important to me... just because I block out everything in between the epu and fet. I try to have a semi normal life in the weeks between. Still I am hoping we get at least one normal.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerrybaby View Post
    I am having cgh done this cycle due to 3 failed transfers. Can anyone advise how long it takes to get the results? Thank you
    If they test at day3 you will know by day 5 for transfer.