+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 64 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Nattie question does IVF Australia reveal the gender of the normal and abnormal embryos and if you were lucky enough to have one normal of both do they let you choose which one you can transfer

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiloh13 View Post
    Hi Nattie question does IVF Australia reveal the gender of the normal and abnormal embryos and if you were lucky enough to have one normal of both do they let you choose which one you can transfer
    Hi Shiloh, I only had one normal but I don't think so..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All
    Just a quick note to say I received my results today thankfully one normal from 3 tested. The results were super fast only taking two weeks, last time it was 3.5 weeks. Genea have purchased a bigger machine that reduces testing time. I am wstarting another round in two weeks to try and get 1-2 more normal embies before I transfer as I will be 40 years old in 2 years and if I plan for one more I will have some on ice. I dare say my reserve will well and truly be sapped in a couple of years. My report showed all embies were male. They do say IVF seems to sway for boys. Out of the 7 tested only two were female. Very interesting.

TT how did you go with your results with 4 being tested?

baby dust to everyone else on the board

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Shiloh, is it standard for genea to test the sex?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

Wondering if you could offer some much needed advice.

We will be doing A-CGH testing in my upcoming cycle because I have had 2 Natural MCs in 18 mths and no implantation from 2 transfers within the same 18 months.

My FS has said that I can transfer one fresh in this next cycle whilst waiting for the results to come in from the CGH testing. My question is should I do a transfer in hope of it being a sticky one or should I just wait for the results and if any of them are good then do a FET?

What have you done in the past or currently doing?

Thanks for your help

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi cattc,
    I guess it all depends on how you cope with the tww and weather you are willing to potentially endure another mc if the untested embryo you have transferred turns out to be abnormal. If you wait for a tested embie then at least you have the piece of mind that you are transferring a goodie. If it does not take then you know other factors are at play. I have done both...I once transferred the best (untested) embie fresh and sent the rest for testing. The transfer was not successful and I therefore never knew if the embie was normal or if something else went wrong. Personally, I find the tww too hard to transfer untested embies. I'd rather give myself the best chance of getting pg. Good luck with your decision. I know it is hard to wait for the results to come back!

As for me, I have now done 3 rounds of IVF for bub #2 and finally have 3 normal embies in the freezer. I'll have my first FET next month.. CGH bub #1 is now a happy and healthy 1 year old.
    Good luck to everyone out there cycling, FETing and TWWing!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Catttc View Post
    Hi all,

Wondering if you could offer some much needed advice.

We will be doing A-CGH testing in my upcoming cycle because I have had 2 Natural MCs in 18 mths and no implantation from 2 transfers within the same 18 months.

My FS has said that I can transfer one fresh in this next cycle whilst waiting for the results to come in from the CGH testing. My question is should I do a transfer in hope of it being a sticky one or should I just wait for the results and if any of them are good then do a FET?

What have you done in the past or currently doing?

Thanks for your help
    Hi catttc

I wouldn't see any reason to do a fresh egg transfer in my opinion as when u r paying $5000 to do the testing why would you put one in with out being tested? I have been in the same position a few times and I know we just want something in just incase but the realistic reason you are doing the testing is because there could be chromosome imbalances and will save u the heart ache or hassle really of being disappointed or even maybe have an egg put in that really shouldn't be put in... I have recently done a cycle where I got 21 embryos that were looking perfect from day one and all where they needed to be but after doing the testing I only had two that were good because of extra chromosomes ect and now after doing three cycles this will be my first transfer and will be nice knowing that I should have the best chance seeing as iv passed screening and not loaded with drugs seeing as I'll have had a month off.. Long story short lol I would use the money to test as many as possible to be clear of your outcome and hopefully have the best quality be your next implanted good luck with everything

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Rtropps. Thanks for replying. I agree with you 100% I suppose if we are spending the extra money then why bother? I'm just concerned because obviously not all embryos are viable for testing and if they aren't then what do we do with the spare ones, would hate to discard them if potentially one of them are the one?

Arggggg so frustrating and confusing it really messes with your mind!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Catttc we have 3 unknown embryos on ice after the clinic damaged them so I know how you feel. But you have to toss up a potential mc or to know for sure.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Catttc View Post
    @Rtropps. Thanks for replying. I agree with you 100% I suppose if we are spending the extra money then why bother? I'm just concerned because obviously not all embryos are viable for testing and if they aren't then what do we do with the spare ones, would hate to discard them if potentially one of them are the one?

Arggggg so frustrating and confusing it really messes with your mind!
    They didn't really give me any option, I don't really know why but they look at it like they r not good enough to transfer. What clinic are u with? When r u doing the testing? It's the same as pgd and pgs isn't it

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app