+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 64 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Can I join? We did PGD testing on our last cycle as for my age (28 & 29 for last cycles) I only got the following:

IVF ISCI #1 - March 2012 (13eggs/7mat/4fert/2embryos) CHEM FET - May 2012 BFN
    IVF ISCI #2 - May 2013 - PGD (16eggs/6mat/6fert/1norm embryo) BFN

However, after reading a lot of research papers etc thanks to Simpson Desert I agree that day 3 testing is not 100%. It frustrates me that they just dispose of the embryos that have issues instead of retesting at day 5 (IVFA). Genea tests at day 5 but then freezes so you don’t get a fresh cycle. I think if we do another cycle we will not be doing the PGD.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nattie84 View Post
    Can I join? We did PGD testing on our last cycle as for my age (28 & 29 for last cycles) I only got the following:

IVF ISCI #1 - March 2012 (13eggs/7mat/4fert/2embryos) CHEM FET - May 2012 BFN
    IVF ISCI #2 - May 2013 - PGD (16eggs/6mat/6fert/1norm embryo) BFN

However, after reading a lot of research papers etc thanks to Simpson Desert I agree that day 3 testing is not 100%. It frustrates me that they just dispose of the embryos that have issues instead of retesting at day 5 (IVFA). Genea tests at day 5 but then freezes so you don’t get a fresh cycle. I think if we do another cycle we will not be doing the PGD.

Hello, just reading your post, can we choose what day testing is on and why would u not do the testing??? I'd be to scares not to but at the same time maybe I'm in denial about my fertility but think my clinic have no idea what they r doing xx

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    As far as I know it's up to the clinic.. Ivf Australia tests day 3 and genea tests day 5. I don't want to test again because I don't want to change clinics and I don't believe the 3 day results are reliable enough.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to nattie84 For This Useful Post:

Rtropps  (07-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All and welcome to the newbies that have just joined the thread.

WOW TT that is amazing news 4 off to testing should give you 1-2 normal ebryos back is what i was told when i had 4 off to testing. For me i only got back one normal last time. You must be pretty close to a call on how they all went, it took me 3.5 weeks to get the results last time.

So i have just undertaken IVF 2, we only yeilded 5 eggs from 8 last time, all 5 made it to Blast stage which is amazing and 3 were suitable for biopsy. I was told 2 look great the third not as perfect but they were able to extract the sells and its suitable for freezing so why not test. You hear of ladies all the time put back fragmented emby's and still have some great success. Now the big waiting games begins. My Dr put me on the same protocol as last time, i really wanted my meds upped for more eggs but my estrogen was at 10,000 at IVF 1 epu day so he said that we will have to stay on the same amount again. Its amazing that with the exact same protocol i yeilded 3 less eggs but as they same its quality over quantity. We are told to expect back one normal from the three we sent off for testing. I asked about DHEA for IVF 2 and my Genea FS said it would not help which i find strange as lots of ladies on this board that use Genea are given it. Can DHEA be given over the counter or do you need a script? Scarlet thanks for the advise on the olive leaf extract for my hubby, we used it everyday for a week and half before EPU.

Springrain if you get 3 or less off for testing and none come back normal then next round at Genea you wont be charged for the CGH component.

For those of you that have been with Genea for a while if you have a healthy cgh emby on ice will they let you go another round to bank another one or two up. we would like a sibling for this ivf baby (if that happens) and in two years time i will be 40 years old so my chances with DOR and age i am better banking a couple of extra now.

Good luck to all xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Shiloh, great to hear you got 3 off for testing. From what I understand, you need a prescription for DHEA: my FS offered it if I wanted it, but after discussion I decided not to take it as I have PCO. Thanks for the info about the testing fees, should be very useful. Yes, I've been allowed to complete multiple stims to bank embies. I have 1 normal one from my October cycle, so am hoping to add to it soon.

Rtropps and Nattie84, hello and welcome, wishing both of you the best for your next cycles.

SimpsonDesert, TT, Elarwood and anyone else reading.

AFM - gearing up for my next cycle after seeing my FS.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SpringRain For This Useful Post:

Rtropps  (11-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I'm still so confused on my embryo diagnosis from last round.. My results were this ...

Embryo 2: poor DNA 6cell day 5 +3 +19
    Embryo 3 poor DNA 7 cell day 5. +19
    Embryo 4 poor DNA 9cell day 5. +19
    Embryo 5 poor DNA 10 cell day five +5+17+19

Was that what anyone else's test results come back like ? They r worried that the 19 will repeat in every embryo hence doing two collections to test and if the 19 is there will have to use a donor and if not well then hopefully I'll get to transfer (finally)
    I just can't stop thinking about it that's why I'm wondering what the results of other ppl collections have been like if I may ask as I'm hoping I have the chance of a better collection......so bloody stressful

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi springrain my FS at Genea said if I have a normal cgh embryo come back and I want to stim again to bank more normal embryos I may not be entitled to the Medicare rebate he said he would try and shift some things around so I could still receive it but couldn't guarantee. I just got the impression they want you to transfer the normal one so their overall stats look great. Was this ever discussed with you? If I don't receive the Medicare rebate I think we would consider going to the US to cycle and be able to choose the gender and have a holiday at the same time. There would not be much difference in the price when no Medicare rebate is applied.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rtropps, I am not sure what the 19+ means? I am with IVF Aus and we had 6 embryos tested and 5 came back abnormal... Doc did say that it is not necessarily an indication of how it will be next time... They were all AA grade embryos and surprisingly the one that was a slow grower was the only normal one.. Did you get tested at day 3 or 5? I have read that day 3 can be inconclusive..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nattie84 View Post
    Rtropps, I am not sure what the 19+ means? I am with IVF Aus and we had 6 embryos tested and 5 came back abnormal... Doc did say that it is not necessarily an indication of how it will be next time... They were all AA grade embryos and surprisingly the one that was a slow grower was the only normal one.. Did you get tested at day 3 or 5? I have read that day 3 can be inconclusive..
    They were tested day 3 and I also had a slow grower, I'm going to email them today asking about that as this collection I get out Friday will be stockpiled so I think before my next collection I want to know that they r doing everything possible before I start seeking a donor. I have read so much about the 5 day testing and also retesting so I'm wanting to know that they is no way in hell I'll be able to use my own eggs before we have to stop. Crazy that with spending 30,000 that I would still be thinking that my clinic (concept in subiaco) are incompetent.... But I do (angry face ) lol

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rtropps, I read those results as embie 2 having 3 copies of chromosomes 3 and 19, embies 3 & 4 having 3 copies of chromosome 19, and embie 5 having 3 copies of chromosomes 5, 17 and 19. Does this reflect what they told you? My October EPU had 4 to test, 1 normal, 2 inconclusive and 1 with multiple abnormalities across several chromosomes. The last EPU, I only got one to test, and that one was abnormal on one chromosome, but a different one from the last time. I think it can vary across collections: I was told that under 35's can expect 1 out of every 3 or so eggs will be normal, but at my age, it will be one out of every 10 or so. Hope you get better results next round, not sure why they think it would repeat in all your collections, after you've only done one.

Shiloh, no, the issue of Medicare has not come up in any discussion I've had with my FS. I'm going to PM you shortly.

SimpsonDesert, Nattie, Elarwood, TT and everyone else.