+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 64 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi SpringRain,

Good luck this week with EPU..... that part is absolutely brutal on your body, it took me at least a week to recover. Oh and then the waiting part. How many follies do you have, have you got any expectations on how many eggs your hoping to acheive? Are you cycling with Genea?

I have an appt with my FS this Friday to discuss the protocol around my next round that will start in two weeks time. I hoping to up the meds to collect more than 8 eggs this time.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Shiloh13 For This Useful Post:

SpringRain  (07-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just found this..... I have a balanced translocation. We had 7 make it to biopsy stage on day 5/6. Sent away to Genea. 3 were abnormal, one didnt have enough dna taken in Perth, one was damaged in transit and one was damaged in sydney.... one lucky emby was normal. Waiting for FET. But seriously we were not expecting 3 unknowns!!!! Especially after being given the 'we are 95% accurate' speech.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI Ladies Good to hear people are surging forward again. Spring Rain - all the very best for EPU. Look after yourself. I found my EPU's with Genea to be the gentlest although the week thereafter is taxing for all the known reasons. Shiloh13 - great to hear you are meeting with FS for plan. What have you been on previously? Delicate balance between quality and quantity from what I can tell. Galea - I totally hear you. Is a shock to have that experience. Fabulous you have a normal embie and trust your FET is the one. Getting 7 to biopsy is also really good. A great response overall, you need those wins given the attrition issues. As for me, AF was quite late. I started meds today and will be heading to Sydney Sunday for monitoring, EPU etc. Haven't confronted the immune stuff again as yet as won't be transferring and head too full. Will chip away at that in the next couple of weeks. Have Dr M appoint which I will be in Sydney for. Mindset this time "is my first ever time doing IVF/cgh" and celebrating every step. Stay in touch. TTx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to terrifictezza(TT) For This Useful Post:

SpringRain  (12-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, wondering if I could join your thread! I read this thread on my last CGH cycle, and was so inspired of lots of positive stories. We are about to start next CGH cycle (stim#6, cycle 9). Long story short, have done 4 normal stims & 2 frozen cycles which only resulted in 2 chemical pregnancies so we decided to try a CGH cycle last time with a new FS, Wazza. I had 35 eggs collected (to both FS
    & my shock as I usually get 10-14), did day 3 testing with QFG on 15 embryos & 6 came back normal. We were shocked but thrilled with that result. Went onto have day 5 transfer that ended in an ectopic, and then 2 FET's with 2 embryos each cycle both resulting in chemical pregnancy. I know day 3 testing isn't as good as day 5 but surely one of those should have worked! I contacted Dr M as mentioned on this forum & waiting results of our testing before we start the new cycle. I have a DD from my very first cycle 3 years ago, first transfer so we really can't work out why we aren't having success. Anyway, adding saizen (human growth hormone) & luveris to this cycle to help egg quality in case that is the issue (I have PCO & Endo, but am 31).

Spring Rain - all the best for EPU. The waiting for cgh results is the most torturest, I only had to wait 2 days & that was bad enough!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to elarwood For This Useful Post:

SpringRain  (12-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Elarwood, hi and welcome. Hope Dr M can give you some answers.

TT, are you in Sydney now and has your cycle started?

Shiloh, how are things going?

I had EPU last week, 15 eggs, 4 immature, 2 overcooked, 6 out of 9 normal ferts. At day 3 I had all 6 still going along well. I'm waiting for the day 5 call from the scientists in a couple of days, I won't be able to sleep for the next couple of nights

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies
    Sorry been offline, flew into Sydney and has been busy since as had a few med dramas and they were going to cancel cycle…eek freaking out...after I started and all and flew here...but luckily after more tests and seeing immunologist today they are satisfied that I will be ok. I should be going in on Sunday.

SpringRain - really glad to here to have 6 six in the running. Sorry bit lost with days..has all continued to go well? I hope your embies are gunning it.

Shiloh13 - did you get the go ahead and plan?

Hi to Galea and Elarwood. Elarwood - welcome too…we are strong and amazing women! Have you started cycle yet and did you see Dr M? I was on luveris last cycle and am again. I think it helped last time (more to blasto for testing) but my estrogen did skyrocket. I also have an appoint with Dr M whilst I'm in Sydney.
    Thoughts with you all.
    TT

Thanks
    Reviews
    elarwood, hope you have better luck on your new cycle with all those supplemental things.

TT, best wishes for Sunday, hope you get lots of good embies.

Unfortunately my last cycle was a dud from my point of view: all 6 embies still there on day 5, but only 1 could be biopsied. The one they were hoping would be done the following day didn't make it. I'd already sent the other one off to get tested too

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI All

SpringRain - I am sorry to hear that and can imagine the disappointment, after a full cycle. One is promising though, it's hard to think that at the moment but it still has a good chance, hang in there. Did you have another one from previous cycle that was on ice?

I went in yesterday for EPU from 14 (biggest no. ever for me) I had 10 fertilized. Now the wait is on. I haven't been very well though, something in my bloods is still amiss but am staying as positive as possible. Saw Dr M, that was good, but the whole set up there is interesting to say the least.

Hope others are well. Post again soon.
    TTx

Thanks
    Reviews
    TT - great news on your egg numbers! Hope you get some great blasts through to testing. Thanks for the reassurance too xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Springrain - that's disappointing sending off 1 embryo for testing - do you still have to pay the full amount? Can you still try with the other blasts?

Hi TT - 10 fertilized is great news - how are they traveling? When do they biopsy? What treatment are you doing with Dr M?

I got my results back from Dr M today - cannot believe it but we have 4 HLA genetic matches with DH (allo-immune implantation dysfunction) which basically means my body is rejecting the embryos we create. Certainly explains the last 8 cycles - including 6 CGH normal embryos failing or ending in chemicals. He advised doing LIT treatment. I also have NK & T reg cell issues. Anyway the plan is to start the cgh cycle tomorrow as planned but not transfer (we test day 3) until after the LIT with Dr M in Sydney. Such a pain but at least we have answers.