+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 64 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ladies how do you get to do a phone consult with Dr M..I have not been tested for NK cells but my last FS trialed bondi protocol and endrometrial scratch unfortunately it was a BFN. I really am at a loss as to what to do...or even if I have NK killer cells. I do know that I have ad 4 perfect 5 day embryos transferred and only the first one was a chemical the rest were BFN's. Any advice is welcome. I am planning on stimming again in March but my follow up is not until,the end of January to discuss my treatment plan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just popping in quickly to mention we had an embie come back as inconclusive...we had it retested & it passed!
    Good luck with the tough decisions
    Congrats Cappy!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rice For This Useful Post:

cappy  (18-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    First offCongrats Cappy, wonderful wonderful news!!

ThanksScarlet for feedback, it’s good to flesh out. Yeah we are doing for genetic as well, had the 3 miscarriages and after2 ivf/cgh cycles we only got one to testing in Perth and the news wasn’tgood. In terms of the miscarriages, Drbelieves likely some of the early ones might have been immune related, but thelast one was clearly genetic. This last cycle we were on dhea and with adifferent protocol and clinic as you know, and I do think that helped usfinally get more to blast and test (and maybe normal) just flawed when both cameback inconclusive. Thailand optionmakes sense now. I know there is a chance they are good and nowwe have the immune stuff to contend with.

Yeah thinkonce I am clear with the immune stuff, there might be the option of puttingback (just hesitant now to put these precious ones back without some degree ofassurance re immune suppression). HopefullyDr’s feedback including Dr M’s will help.

Today I am leaningtowards another IVF cycle to bank as still on dhea and will prob have to comeoff that soon. Another phone consult tomorrow with Dr todecide.

Rice –thanks heaps for popping in with that info. What day testing did you do (day 3 or day 5/6)? Was your embie thawed and retested and then transferredor thawed, retested and frozen again? Did they test for all 24 chromosomes again or just specific ones?

Hi Sharlee32– new ground for me too. I think thereis an immune thread worth checking out. Call Dr Matthias ask for a phone appoint, unless you are in Sydney andcan see him face to face. Not sure whereyou are but you should be able to ask for FS to do the biopsy to test forthis. Should do it after O day 18+. I think there are blds too but I didn’t getthose done so not sure.

Thanks gals so muchTT

5. The Following User Says Thank You to terrifictezza(TT) For This Useful Post:

cappy  (18-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi TT - I was with MIVF and they did 5 day testing. Im not sure that my Embie was frozen then rethawed...pretty sure they mentioned that sometimes they have enough 'material' for a re-test without having to go back and take from the embie. I wasn't actually given a choice though (perhaps cause I had 3 others at that time that had passed the testing). Yes, they tested for the entire lot of chromosomes again.

I had one 'put back' fresh which was a BFN (although I never had much luck with fresh cycles - even with progesterone injections). Then i had one of the remaining 3 thawed 'put back' (although I don't know if it was the re-tested one or not) and my little boy just turned one

Was also the first time I'd ever tried aspirin.

I know this probably doesn't mean much but when I held my baby it just all melted away - so so so worth it.
    Can't wait to read of your BFP soon! Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all just to let you know my one and only cgh normal embryo didn't stick. Completely devastated
    ready to begin round two ...
    did not pee on a stick in the 2 www but will be next time. I really gave it my all, acupuncture, massages and eating pineapple core

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Shiloh13 Just logged on and saw your post. I am so so sorry to hear that. So much is not understood or guaranteed with this process that we go through. All this learning the hard way, but IT WILL PAY OFF hang in there luv. Having a plan helps so hopefully that is becoming clear for you. I will be going again too in Jan, flying over soonish and will be learning more about the immune stuff. Going to give myself week off from the books. Rice - thank you for your post, so many differences/ variables in processes. Just good to know your retest worked for you and even better you were successful. Our retest option sounded a bit different probably as no extra material to retest and there is a longer wait for results initially... weeks before they even know they needed to retest. Thanks again for feedback re your experience. can't wait for all to be a distant memory too. TTx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks TT. Your right best to have a plan and stick to it both hubby and I had a gut feel (pardon the pun) that it may take two rounds to get pregnant. Did you ask for a rebate off your next round because of the stuff up when testing your embryos? When do you fly over to Sydney? I am waiting for AF to arrive so I can get on the band wagon again, Genea did say I might have to wait a month to begin again as they are closed on some of the days over Xmas and the ultrasound clinic next door will be closed too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Shiloh, sorry to hear about your last cycle.

TT, best wishes for your next cycle.

I went in yesterday for bloods and will start Gonal F tomorrow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    All the best Spring Rain for your cycle.

Hi shiloh13 - not sure syd dates yet as depends on AF and when I start meds. I did check xhristmas closure dates here and will go to another local bld collection centre and scan if sister clinic in Perth is closed. You might be able to suss that out if you don't want to wait. They can send results thru to clinic then wait on instructions. Don't know yet if we'll pay for cgh yet or 'discount' waiting on consents and costings in the mail.

Sorry short post for now as on phone.

TT x

12. The Following User Says Thank You to terrifictezza(TT) For This Useful Post:

SpringRain  (01-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    TT, have you had any news on when you can get started?

Shiloh, will you be able to start up soon?

I'm going in for EPU this week, starting the hardest part of the cycle - recovery and the waiting, waiting