+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 64 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Shiloh, I was told the sex of my embryos. Do you have other children? If not had you thought about possibly doing another cycle and freezing in case you want more kids? I think you would have a better chance of getting good embryos now and keeping them frozen

If you only want one baby or if this is your last baby, then the above doesn't matter

TT- sorry hun, I only just saw this, I don't seem to get any updates from here, but yes stayed on DHEA while I stimmed but stopped after retrieval. I didn't take any other supps except the folic acid. When I did my first cycles, I did all the traditional treatments and herbs and I had really bad results, I found the DHEA was all I needed.

I would recommend the accupuncture at Genea though, she was marvelous and if nothing else did relax me.

Simpson Desert So glad to hear that you are all well, the worry won't end until you finally have your bubba in your arms. My little girl is now 6 months, time just flies!

Good luck Spring Rain, I think doing another cycle is a good thing!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to scarlet For This Useful Post:

SpringRain  (25-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies
    Finally popped head out of the cgh haze. We retrieved 5 mature (always low for me) but whopping e2 levels which led to mild ohss. All fert and 3 HB's though 2 perfect for testing when they needed to do it. So one HB will remain untested. We are happy. The wait is on. Have any of you had scratch biopsy undertaken to aid implantation and if so what day in cycle was optimal? Thank gals and hope you are all staying positive. TTx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

Hope you don't mind if I join you. I just had my retrieval today for a CGH cycle. 9 eggs retrieved which is good but now the wait to find out how many will make it any further and then if we are lucky enough to have any to test the wait to see if they are normal.
    We are doing this after losing 3 babies this year, the last one at 10 weeks with chromosone issues.
    My FS said that he wants us to go in on Saturday though to get ready to transfer if we don't get the numbers to do the testing that we are hoping for. Has anyone else had this suggested to them? I was all prepared to wait and do an FET in January but I guess we should be taking the opportunity to transfer if it's there. Just concerned that it will be untested.
    Hope you are all doing well?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    TT- 100% fert and 3 HBs is excellent, congrats!! All that preparation has paid off . Hopefully the 2 that were suitable for biopsy both come back normal . I did a scratch biopsy the month before my successful FET, and I firmly believe it helps with implantation. I had it done at 11dpo, though I believe any day from 7dpo until last cycle day is OK. I hope the results come back swiftly for you and you don't go nuts waiting.

Thanks Scarlet and Springrain .

Cappy- welcome aboard! We have chatted on the NK thread too and its heartbreaking to hear of the losses you've suffered. The winning combo for me was a CGH embie + immune treatment, so hopefully that will be true for you as well. I was told to prepare for a fresh ET in the event there were embies that couldn't be biopsied but were still suitable for transfer. Didn't end up needing to though. If you're reluctant to use a fresh untested embie, you can decline and ask them to freeze all. Good luck with your 9 eggs! Hope you have a great fert rate and get several to test.
    Last edited by SimpsonDesert; 02-12-2013 at 12:55.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks SD. I've loved reading about your journey and so happy for you that it has worked out for you.
    I'll be on clexane and aspirin this next time round so fingers crossed that helps. If not I'll be off to Dr M to see what else he suggests.
    I'm on my phone so hard to do personals sorry

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good news for you TT that's great that you got a good result sorry to hear about the OHSS though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    TT do you have your results yet? Good luck, the wait is horrible.

Cappy, my final successful cycle was on aspirin and Clexane and I am sure it was all I needed.

Shiloh good luck with transfer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI Scarlet and others. Was on the low down and just digesting the way forward. Have posted to Simpson and Scruffy for info (thanks Scruffy) as received unexpected news. Results came through and our 2 tested came back as inconclusive. Nothing to do with the embies but was a technical error in amplification. So they could be perfect or not. We have been given the option to re biopsy (thaw, biopsy, refreeze) but there are plenty of unknowns with this, survival, implantation. Apparently only very few have done this and they don't know of 1) biopsy success 2) successful transfer. They are trying to gather stats for this. Another spanner was the activational/ nk biopsy I did, thinking nothing of it and bingo positive for nk cells which now could have been a cause of a couple of my miscarriages. This was dismissed in Perth..so eventually I dropped it too. The results were double dutch to me until yesterday where I think I have a handle on it...main culprit uterine nk cd56 basically 410/mm2 8.1% which is almost double 75% of the women tested on day 18 of cycle. Testing was done by Douglas Hanly Moir - if anyone can give me a comparison as I was pretty confused as histo lab said very concerning numbers and then Dr said it was only marginally high and Rx would be mainly clexane, another biopsy and pessaries but not prednisolone.....once we get to transfer. So sigh....there is an option to transfer untested or go again. Will be making a decision in next couple of days as Dr goes on leave at the end of week and AF will come during the next couple weeks. Will mean flying over to Sydney again soon which in all honesty I would do. Poor DH was in a tail spin all weekend and booked to consult with Dr M, in Jan too. Feel like my feet are just about touching earth again. Decisions! but having a forward plan soon will help. PS sorry for the long post. Outpouring of my thoughts. TT

Thanks
    Reviews
    TT you are doing CGH so that you know you have a normal embryo or is it because you have something genetic you want to test out?

Personally if it is just because of a normal embryo, I would go ahead with the FET and hope for the best. The stage your embryos have to get to at Genea to be tested is really good, for them to be hatching on day 5/6 there is a huge chance they are normal. I had 7 tested with Genea and all were normal, coming from another clinic where I had different testing but all tested (10 in total) only one was considered normal.

I unfortunately have heard a lot of people come back with inconclusive results. In Thailand they do CGH and they test on day 5 for a day 6 transfer (as long as they reach HB policy) if they show as inconclusive, they re biopsy before freezing. That way they don't have to freeze/thaw etc...

You could also ask for them to thaw them, take the biopsy and then transfer, that way if you don't get pregnant you will have the results anyway and you are avoiding the thaw and re freeze.

If you plan on having more children, I would also seek the option of doing another cycle and getting more to bank. YOu can do a fresh/frozen cycle, where you get your eggs on the cycle but transfer a frozen embryo. I have done that.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow TT always so many decisions in this process.
    We ended up not being able to do CGH as we only had one embryo good enough to test and as we don't have any genetic reason for testing just testing because of recurrent miscarriage we decided to put it back in.
    Today we got our BFP so pretty excited. Very nervous but excited.
    I think I'd feel a bit more comfortable if we had done the testing but it's still great news.
    Hope everyone else is doing well