+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 64 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Shiloh13
    That is so great to hear, you are so close now. I've started this week with Genea and feeling really good about it. I'm not dissimilar to you in terms of age and response, but hoping to get more to test. 4 would be so good. Was this your first cycle or did you do things (meds, prep) differently with genea? Once again fantasic outcome. TT x

2. The Following User Says Thank You to terrifictezza(TT) For This Useful Post:

Shiloh13  (16-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Red face Genea CGH

Hi cheerleader1:TT

this was my first ever IVF round. I have 3 children and for the past 3.5 years have been trying for one more. I have had a few miscarriages (blighted ovums/a stop for downs trisomy 21) so went to Dr Lighten at Genea who did all the pre testing of us both and found DOR (low egg reserve) he said we should hope that 1-2 from my 4 tested embryos to come back normal and at my age 37 only one came back. The chance of it planting is 70% because its a normal cgh/pgd embryo. Prior to IVF I did not try and other meds as in Clomid / chinese herbs etc. what Dr are you seeing at Genea and what Genea office are you cycling under? I really wish you all the best of luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good to see some others doing CGH testing.

I've just finished my 1st CGH cycle (3rd IVF stim cycle). I had a similar end result to you Shiloh13 - out of 19 eggs, 12 fertilised, 7 at day 5, with 4 suitable for testing/freezing. One came back normal, 1 abnormal, and 2 inconclusive. I am leaning towards doing another CGH cycle in late Dec/early Jan, as I would love to get 1-2 more normal ones in the freezer. Oh, and same clinic as you girls too

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SpringRain For This Useful Post:

Shiloh13  (17-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi SpringRain
    i am so pleased you had at least one test normal, it's a real shame two came back inconclusive. Do you know the gender of your normal embryo did you ask or were they willing to advise you as I think some doctors are funny about disclosing it.
    best of luck with it all, keep me posted!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Shiloh13 For This Useful Post:

SpringRain  (20-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Terrifictezza,
    oh wow good luck with it all. Yes this was my first IVF round I have not tried any other meds/herbs etc. keep us posted fingers crossed you have lots of embryos to test! Are you interested in finding out the gender too?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay for you both!! So promising to hear.
    Thanks Shiloh13 for sharing and sorry for your losses too. Know the heartache to well but so encouraged by the successful stim cycles with Genea getting to testing and having normals. I'm in the city clinic and with Dr Gee. What protocol/meds were you on for your cycle/DOR? I did Chinese herbs for second cycle but not for this one. Did prep this time with dhea, melatonin etc. as recommended by clinic. Either gender would do me fine they haven't mentioned whether they would advise me or not. to you both TT

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi terrifictezza(TT)
    I was put on Gonal 262 per night and Cetrotide at night. I did not take herbs, did Genea ask you to take DHEA? how long did you have to take it before your current stim cycle? Did you see any effects when you did the Chinese Herbs?
    So do you have DOR too? best of luck !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Shiloh13
    Thks for your reply. I'm not sure if I have DOR but have had low numbers at EPU and appear harder to stim. I'm on 300 GF and centrotide like you were. Yes clinic suggested Dhea to help with quality which I started more than 3 months ago now. Honestly no real effects with Chinese herbs and I had undertaken acupuncture for much longer than that. I'd do acupuncture again prior to/after transfer but that would probably be it in terms of alternative options. It csn get a lil full on. TT

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    TT- Wishing you the very best of luck for this cycle! I hope all the prep has helped and you get several beautiful hatching blasts to test. A very belated answer to your previous question on folate (sorry)- I was always taking 400mg daily between cycles, then stepped it up to 1000 as per Genea's requirement when doing IVF.

Shiloh- congrats on having a normal embryo ready to go! My FS was happy to tell us the sex of our tested embryos (3 boys, 1 girl), though we don't know which was used for our successful cycle. I hope your FET goes smoothly and your little girl will be on her way to you soon

Springrain- have you had any luck getting the green light to stim again before using your normal embie?

AFM- All going very well. I'm 15 weeks now and our CGH bubba hasn't given me any grief at all, I feel so normal (except for the weight I've gained!). We passed all the 12wk screening tests and it was such a huge relief to get to that point. I was so worried about getting bad results that contradicted the CGH testing, but now I'm actually beginning to relax . Looking forward to some more BFPs in here!

Thanks
    Reviews
    TT sending you some good vibes for your upcoming cycle. The first 2 cycles I did were on 225 Gonal F and cetrotide (10 eggs at retrieval, 3 blasties on the first, 4 on the 2nd). The most recent one was using Elonva and orgalutran. It really seemed to give poorer quality, my fert rate was much lower than usual, and the conversion to blast was also lower. I've asked to switch back to Gonal F or Puregon for my upcoming one in Jan, I realise it could be just age, but my follie development was just as good as on daily injections so it must have had some sort of effect on the eggs themselves.

Shiloh, I didn't think to ask about gender, I was too busy falling in a relieved heap that I had a normal one

SD- congratulations on 15 weeks!! Glad to hear you are feeling more relaxed. I have been given the go ahead to do another stim: I rang the clinic yesterday to tell them the week I wanted to have EPU, and working back from that, the date I'd have to start stimming. Surprisingly enough they agreed

AFM - I've managed to work myself into a stressed state with trying to plan a new cycle, the lead up to Christmas, and moving in Jan/Feb Hoping it will all work out OK.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to SpringRain For This Useful Post:

SimpsonDesert  (20-11-2013)