+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 64 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Dear Scarlet
    That is just beautiful news. Congratulations to you, your little girl and family for coming this far. And thank you for sharing your experience and advice since starting this thread, and for your ongoing encouragement. TT

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Scarlet,

Thanks for the update and congrats on your perfect little girl!!

My DH & I took a really long break after our failed FET last March (I was Lindylou back then, incase you're wondering who I am). We are back now and will use our remaining CGH embie in Aug FET. We also just banked 4 new hatching blasts and the CGH results on those are coming late June. Really hope we have a take-home bub somewhere in that freezer

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Scarlet on your new baby girl

Good luck SimpsonDesert for your FET cycle come and join us on the Reproductive Immunology thread whenever you're ready.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LiteFantastic For This Useful Post:

SimpsonDesert  (31-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

i would love your advice. We have just had a bfn from our 2nd cgh FET transfer this year. I have been on immune therapy treatment with Dr M (Dex, clexane, prog) so I don't think the immune issues are responsible.

I really am so confused as to why the transfer of a cgh embryo would fail. I just don't know what our next steps should be. We have two frosties so do we just try again and hope it will work next time?
    I haven't chatted to our fs yet but I'm not sure whether he will have any insight. I'm not sure whether changing doctors would make a difference.

i would love to hear whether anyone has any interesting insights as to why a cgh embryo transfer may not work.

thanks
    xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you everyone, Simpson Desert, good luck with your upcoming FET and great work on the banking, we did that last cycle too so I have options later on.

Sweet Lemonade, are your embryos day 5 CGH or day 3 CGH. I think this makes a difference. Some clinics offer the day 3, but it has greater risk to the embryo, so the chances of implantation are generally not as high as day 5. Not saying this is the reason but there is a difference between the two.

If day 5, at what stage were your embryos biopsied, my clinic, though frustrates the heck out of me, does hatching blast only, so you loose a lot of embryos along the way but at the same time what you do get for transfer has a high chance of implantation.

If your embryos were tested on day 6, then they will also have a lesser chance of going on to be an embryo.

So best case senario if you had 2 transfers of day 5 CGH hatching blasts and didn't get pregnant, I would look into other reasons why you aren't getting pregnant.

There are lining tests that can be done, other immune testing that can be done, you can use things like intralipids or IVIG transfusions.

I had 2 CGH embryos fail and on my third try got pregnant. For me though, I was put on aspirin and clexane and did a natural FET, instead of a medicated FET and a Fresh cycle/Frozen transfer. I think the more natural approach plus the blood thinners helped me the most.

If all that fails, I was told that it could be a metabolic issue. So an embryo can look good, be chromosomally normal but just not have enough energy to keep on going. It sounds good in theory, but I think after 2 fails further investigation is needed.

Good luck xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much Scarlet for your very informative reply. And congrats on the birth if your little girl. Such a joy. After a long struggle we finally had our gorgeous little girl last year - what a blessing!! But I think I didn't expect having no. 2 to be so hard. Obviously so grateful for dd but hate the emotional rollercoaster of trying again.

I'm not sure if the two embies were day five or day six but definitely weren't day three. I just feel so impatient and just want to try again. I know testing can be so time consuming and may not even produce a good reason for all this. But I also don't want to risk another embryo if there is something going on. I am also tempted to change doctors in case that may help. (Ours doesn't give the best feedback).

I guess I just need to think more about our next steps. Just wish I had more answers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    First of all - Congratulations Scarlet on the birth of your baby girl!! So happy for you and your family.

Some of you may remember that I had also had success with our CGH tested embryo and our little boy was born 6 weeks ago ( at 37 weeks ) today! He is just perfect!

I hope everyone is doing well on their journey and keeping the faith that this process can work - although sadly, not immediately for all of us.

Hi Sweetlemonade - I dont know exactly why tested embryos might not work - but I asked our clinic why this MAY be the case and they siad that sometimes an embryo can be 'normal' but still not have the right 'energy' required to implant. I'm not sure what this means exactly - but it is what I was told?? We had 2 CGH tested embryos put back and were quite prepared for the result of twins. Unfortunately, one of the embryos split and we would have had triplets! ( My FS almost had a heart-attack!! ). However, the embryo that split did not progress very well and wasn't viable after 7wks. They said that this can happen when an embryo splits and the cells dont split correctly ( common with multiple pregnancies ). So it wasnt' anything to do with the 'genetic' make-up of the embryo. Although it was sad, we got our precious little man as an end result and this is why we asked to put 2 embryos back - greater chance Good luck on your journey!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies
    Just on phone so small post. I'm currently waiting to see if my embies make it to testing. Had numerous cysts drained at epu leaving me very sore. That aside we know that we won't transfer an untested emb but the clinic is encouraging me to take meds anyway, if not ovidril and crione (which would prep for transfer) then provera for 8 days to prevent a crash in hormones and supposedly prevent an early period. For those that were not transferring, did you ladies take anything after epu or let things go down naturally? Ps big congrats to crissy too - thks for posting re your experience.

TT

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi TT,

First of all, good luck with embryo development! I hope they all make it through to biopsy and you have some normal embies for transfer .

On my first CGH cycle I did have an initial pregnyl shot as luteal phase support, just incase there were untested embies suitable for fresh transfer. Once we got through to biopsy stage and knew fresh ET wasn't happening, I didn't have to do the booster pregnyl shots. AF came 13 days post-EPU.

I just did my 2nd CGH cycle and this time we specified upfront that we wanted a freeze-all, as I didn't want fresh ET with an untested embryo. I had no luteal phase support at all and AF came 12 days post-EPU.

Both times AF was 4-5 days earlier than cycles with full TWW luteal phase support.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Simpson thanks for your reply and your support. We are just ticking each day off and so hope we get there as we had low numbers at epu (possibly due to to the large cysts which grew instead) but 100% fert rate and all 4 going strong. Great to hear your have 4 to test, fantastic number of embies.

Good to know re meds for luteal support and impact on AF. We were adamant we wouldnt transfer untested either but we're confused when they said to take meds anyway to prevent early AF. The thought of plunging a needle into an already aching stomach was more than I could bare.

Hope your results come soon and you have some wonderful news.
    TT

12. The Following User Says Thank You to terrifictezza(TT) For This Useful Post:

SimpsonDesert  (11-06-2013)