+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 64 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls!

I am so sad to hear about those of you that are still struggling on this journey, and yet pleased that you are not just giving up. I know how heart-wrenching this journey can be.

Lite-fantastic - I wanted to reply as I haven't been on for a while and I still receive notifications to my email and wanted to answer yours. We have had success with this process and wish we knew from the beginning that our 'normal' embies would be the ones to make it. I would have been ok with doing CGH with our first attempt if I knew I was going to have a few losses along the way. Anyway, we had our first round of IVF in November of 2011 and had 2 transfers form this round. Both times I was 'positive' and then miscarried. Once at 8 weeks and once at about 5 weeks. We still have 2 frozen embryos from this round. We had all the possible checks you could imagine and neither myself or my husband had any reason to be 'miscarrying' ( i.e. no sperm issues or uteus issues, endo etc ). I do have PCOS and egg quality may be a problem, but this was not the confirmed reason for my miscarrying as many women with PCOS have sucess with IVF. I was slightly over-stimulated with the drugs and my doc said that this COULD cause poor egg quality ( but not guaranteed ). They told us that my early miscarraiges could be due to chromosomal abnormalities and it was a numbers game. I was 38 after the 2 losses and we felt like we were running out of time. So we requested a new round with PGD - CCH. In the meantime, I had a biopsy of my uterus to check for NK cells or any other 'internal' issues. THis is also supposed to be a good thing to do just before a transfer. Something about it making your lining a bit better - not sure exactly why?? My doc also suggested that this new cycle be an antagonist cycle which meant fewer drugs. He claimed that sometimes this can be better for egg quality as there arent as many meds. So we were aiming for fewer eggs but BETTER quality. In the meantime, I had my biopsy and everything came back normal. It was also suggested to me by a friend that works for an IVF company different to who I was with, to try Clexane. She claimed that this has helped women who have recurring miscarriages. My doc said that I did not have a blood-clotting disorder and didnt need to be on the clean, however, he was happy for me to have it if I wanted. I had been assured that it does not hurt either way. I am still on the Clexane injections and I am now 20 weeks pregnant. Anyway, we got 10 eggs all up and 5 made it through for testing on day 5/6. The result came back a few weeks later and we had 2 normal embryos. We had both transferred ( very rare - we had to beg!! and we used my age as the reason ). We have been successful and I am now 20 weeks pregnant with a baby boy. Sadly, one of the 2 embryos split and formed 2! We would have ended up with triplets!! But the one that split was struggling. NOt because of chromosomal issues, but because the 'split' didnt occur correctly. We are still overjoyed as the reason we put 2 in was incase one didnt take. So you see, there is success from this process. It always makes me sad when I hear that 'tested' enbryos that come back normal, end up in a chemical or as a negative. It breaks my heart as I thought that PGD would rule this out by having 'normal' embryos to transfer. I guess the issue is not just the embryos though. We had every other test done possible to ensure there wasnt some 'other' reason I was miscarrying. I know how terribly hard this process is, but dont give up! ASk lots of qquestions and demand lots of tests!! Sorry I dont remember what your post said exactly. Have you had a biopsy on your uterus and all the bloodwork to go with it??

Anyway, I wanted to share our journey as I hope it has helped or at least given you a little hope!!

I hope everyone has a lovely xmas and that 2013 brings us all healthy pregnancies and babies!!!

chrissy73

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Ldaies! I missed there were updates.

Scruffy I am so sorry about your chemical, was that with a CGH embryo?

With the no result, what this is the sample they got either had no DNA attached to it, or it disintegrated before testing I was told, this doesn't happen very often but since it is such a small sample this can happen. You can opt to have it re biopsied again, some clinics will let you, or transfer it anyway and see how it goes.

Lite I am a success as well. I had 2 chemicals with CGH embryos and it made it that much worse. I was finally tested (by my haematologist and not my FS) for clotting issues and was put on clexane and asprin and lo and behold next transfer I was pregnant. Like Chrissy my FS was happy to go along with it cause another dr suggested it but wouldn't put me on it herself. I am now 23 weeks.

I worry every single day something will go wrong but am feeling a lot of movement now so that is re assuring. I have had a huge bleed which they then made me stop the thinners (which made me worry more as I know that is what got me pregnant) and at my NT scan I was told I have 8 times more hormones than an average person for HCG and 4 times the Papp A, which gave a really good NT result but apparently I may have issues with the babys growth due to placenta problems (probably due to the clotting). I have my anatomy and growth scan to see if it is on track.

It was a long journey but finally got an answer as to why I conceived my other children naturally but it was declining with time and it can work! Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lite I also agree with Chrissy about lower stims and less eggs=better quality.

My first 3 cycles the FS tried to increase my dose all the time to get more eggs from the follicles but the result was disastrous. One cycle I had zero fertilise, out of 3 cycles I only every got 1 suitable for transfer.

New FS refused to put me on higher than 300Puregon, she stimmed me longer and didn't worry about the little ones catching up, I had far better maturity, fertilisation and the embryos were wonderful. 1st cycle 1 normal, second cycle 3 normal and 3rd cycle 3 normal. EVERY single embryo I had tested came back normal, after all those ones tested in my first cycles!

I too have heard good things about menopur, it has LH in it which can help egg quality, I think if other protocols aren't working it is worth a try.

I was also put on DHEA for 3/4 months before cycling.

I also want to say that day 3 testing is also an older type of testing these days, they can only take 1 cell at this stage and there is more chance of it showing as abnormal when it is actually normal, I think it is called mocaism?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default is anyone doing acgh tgesting? A few questions :)

Hi Ladies
    I have stumbled across your last postings and hope someone can be of assistance. I have had 3 m/c in a row most recent in Jan 13 v heartbreaking. Going to be doing testing with current clinic and acgh has been mentioned. A few questions if you can spare the time...firstly how long after m/c can one can do all the immune, thromb/clotting etc. testing. For those that did nk testing was this blood and/or biopsy? If anyone is from Perth, was this undertaken here or sent away?
    Scarlet congratulations can I ask whether your success was also with a cgh emby?
    As don't have time on my side any Perth clinic/ FS recommendations for cgh testing based on experiences?
    If using aspirin - when do you take this i.e. throughout entire cycle.

Any feedback/thoughts appreciated.

TT

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks TT, we are very excited

I am in Perth, but I cycled with Genea in Sydney, I had a rapport with my FS so I didn't mind the travel. All my monitoring was done through Hollywood IVF and we did day 5/6 CGH testing with FET. If you are with Hollywood then your biopsies will be sent to Genea for processing.

I am so sorry about your M/C, how far along were you, were they IVF pregnancies? The good about the cgh is that it can tell you what being put back is chromosomally normal, so then if you keep having MC and you know it is normal chromosomally then you can look into other things.

Depending on how far along in your pregnancies is when you can do testing. Pregnancy can skew the results a little. If they were early losses then you could do it soon though. With the NT cells I never did these but (and I could be wrong) I think this affects implantation? So I would say this is not a huge issue for you, you need to know why the embryos don't keep growing, most times it is chromosomal and others it is metabolic. They do this with biopsy.

April is from Perth and with Hollywood and did all her CGH testing there. I am not sure of her doctor though. With the CGH the FS really doesn't have a lot of input, this is done separately with geneticists and lab drs, so you would want to pick a FS who has good expierience, success and is open to suggestions if need be. The only other Perth cycler I know is April and she has not had a good run, I know another lady who went to Hollywood and said they were not very good either. I am sure they are fine, they were always great with my monitoring and on the ball, but I just don't know of any good stories to tell you. I have not been on boards here about the IVF so haven't met many people except on here.

I was on asprin and should of taken it until about 37 weeks, but I had a lot of bleeding early on and I had to stop it (as with the clexane), but most who are on it for blood clotting do take it most of the pregnancy. Others that use it to help with implantation stop around 10-12 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much for reply Scarlet. All 3 mc were conceived naturally and the first 2 whilst tracking with FSWA, so am currently linked in with the clinic. I was 5.5, 6.5 and 9 weeks. For the last 2 my preg hormones etc were really strong and saw heart beat for the the 3rd at 6.5 weeks then a later scan at 9 weeks showed no heart beat but growth to almost 9 weeks. We are heartbroken and very confused. Very saddened if it was a issue as simple as aspirin, heparin and some of the other meds I have read about....and upset that testing and at least some of these precautionary measures weren't advised following the first 2.

We understand that it could be chromosomal, and I am waiting for those test results. I had no results for the 2nd. D/c was undertaken weeks later and had no idea this could make a difference at the time. I will def be doing a whole array of testing and would like to start those that aren't hormonally influenced. My FS rolled eyes at nk testing. I too have read nk can be issue for both implantation as well as preg. I think I will have to push for that test to be undertaken here but just don't want to leave any stone unturned whether we proceed with cgh testing or not.

It is unfortunate that have had a few issues with the clinic. I get the vibe that I ask too many questions...and everything feels like hard work and there is a wait and see approach rather than a proactive one. Can't afford to much time wastage as I approach 38.

Cgh testing has been mentioned by the FS, we qualify now which is crazy and I would be keen to at least rule in chromo normal ones. I have been trying to get my head around the clinic differences in testing e.g. 3 or 5, fresh or frozen, batching protocols. I have had some good conversations with embryologists at each which has been great but understandably each advocate their own approach therefore the perspectives of the women receiving the service is really important.

I am starting to understand as you have mentioned that an experienced FS, geneticists and embryologists count. Receiving recommendations from those in the know whether it be a receptive/ experienced FS and/or clinic and even cgh (3or 5day successes) is great to know.

Just getting back to the aspirin, did you take in the months prior or just during your successful cycle?

PS huge thanks again for your feedback.

Thanks
    Reviews
    With the asprin/clexane I took it the whole cycle of my FET. It was the first time I had used this combo for a whole cycle. I had done clexane before but only went on it once before transfer. I had low progesterone that cycle and got AF way early.

My SIL had natural miscarriages and she had testing and 2 I think were chromosomally abnormal but they were 'freak' abnormalities. So she didn't need IVF, they put her on something to 'keep' her pregnant and it worked (she got twins) so I don't know if it was clexane or whether it was something else. I didn't know much about this stuff now, but will ask her one day.

I would say for you, it could be a blood clotting issue, which can be relatively easy to sort out and test for or a chromosomal issue. Hopefully if it is chromosomal they can tell you if it is going to be an ongoing problem or a one off problem (one of my SIL was because 2 sperm got into the one egg).

Thanks
    Reviews
    TT - It's been a while since I've been on bubhub but I saw you post and just felt I wanted to post. I have had 3 miscarriages, 2 naturally conceived, the 3rd was conceived through IVF and was lost at 13 weeks. I do not know why any of these failed and I guess I never will. I have also had 2 ectopic pregnancies, both conceived naturally. We have had 4 stimulated IVF cycles - I always get a big egg haul but low fert rates. I have had 10 transfers.

On our last cycle we did aCGH testing at 3 days on the 4 embryos that made it out of 28 eggs. I am in Queensland. The biopsied cells were sent to Melbourne IVF for this testing. 1 embryo was found to be normal and I am now 24 weeks pregnant with this precious little one.

I have not had a thrombophilia screen (for blood clotting disorders). However I have been on aspirin from the start of this cycle and will be until I give birth. I have been on aspirin for all my transfers though so I don't think this was my miracle answer. If this transfer hadn't worked I probably would have asked for this testing. My FS believed that there was no evidence to support the nk testing and intervention. I'm not sure if I would have pursued this further. I probably would have drilled him about it again.

I know how frustrating it is when there doesn't seem to be any clear answers and you just don't understand what is happening with your own body. And the problem is that no FS really knows either. If there were simple answers, they would all be doing the same thing. I think most of them really care. But if you don't trust that they care, then you can sure trust that they care about their statistics and thus want you to get pregnant!

We are in such a vulnerable position when this is happening to us - it is very hard to be objective. Because we all just desperately want to believe that there is something out there that will make it happen for us.

I am sending you all the hope and positive thoughts that I can. I don't really have any answers. There is no right way forward. I believe you just need to make the best choice you can with all the available info you have and keep trying as long as you can. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Big thanks to you gals who have posted back to date with your experiences, advice and encouraging words. It is so helpful to have something to go with and as well as understanding for those times when your head and heart are spinning. I feel that I have a little more info to go with including the screens and the use of aspirin.
    Wait4u am sorry for your losses too . I am so encouraged to see that with both acgh and possibly aspirin, that both you and Scarlet have your babies on their way to you.

I received results today from last m/c and it was tri 21. I am still digesting this news as I have never had an answer before. Won't be seeing current FS until next week but with this result, my age...am thinking it will most likely be acgh now. Knowing what you have transfered back is a normal emb is soo vital, I can see that much more clearly now.

Re biopsy thanks for the feedback. It's is great that each of you had a success on a 3 and 5 day tested embies. I may have come further questions if ok in the coming weeks...

Thanks Scarlet for posting on your cgh cycles too and great to hear you have some beautiful blasts on ice. So if I am correct in understanding for your first 2 in which you batched, you didn't need to wait a month in between? If so that is good to know as when I spoke to HFC embryologist they said that the normal process with batching is to wait 1 month between stimuated cycles (although I know you are with Genea and maybe that is the difference?). Also did you have to wait long for your results after the biopsy? Re IVF/cgh - trainer wheels are currently on.

Will def ask about the new culture too, great to know.

Thanks again ladies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Is anyone doing aCGH testing? A few questions :)

Hi ladies,
    I would like to introduce myself and join your thread please. This thread really is a ray of sunshine as I just feel so alone right now ttc. I've got a Robertsonian translocation so we are doing IVF and PGD. My first cycle was in December and we had no normal embryos, although we only had 4 to test. 1 came back with no result so we did a transfer but nothing came of it. I have just finished my second cycle and frozen 7 embryos. I'm planning to do another cycle in may and then batch all the embryos together for PGD. I am super nervous about results as I am just so scared we will get no good embryos. For the moment it's a bit of a waiting game.