+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 64 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi guys!!
    How is everyone doing? So exciting that we have a few that are waiting for scans as well as confirmed pregnancies! How is everyone else doing on cycles and Lite...any further progress?

Just thought I'd give an update following our scan yesterday. All went well and I am delighted to say that one of our embryos is measuring correctly for its date and has a perfect heartbeat!! We are stoked! The other embryo looks like it split and the two that formed are not going to make it. Such mixed emotions. Obviously we are thrilled to be having a baby, but we are still mourning what life could've been for the other little embryo. One of the two from the split embryo, didn't really get far at all and the other one is measuring behind a few weeks and has a weak heartbeat. We're told it will probably absorb into the other one or just miscarry on its own. We're also told that they will not have a negative impact on the embryo that is progressing nicely. Apparently the embryos splitting are really common with tested embryos as they are so far advanced when they go back in. ( thus the risk of multiples ). We asked if it could have been avoided by only putting one embryo back in and they said that this has no impact at all. The embryo that split, probably would have split, even if it went in on it's own ( because of the stage it was at ). We have no regrets at all, now that we understand this. Our choice to put two back was to give us 2 chances to get at least ONE baby..... And praying that all continues to go well.....we have done that. I'm just so excited. To see that heartbeat was just amazing. I wish we could have done the genetic testing to begin with and to know that there is that little bit more hope.

Anyway, I just wanted to share as I think it's important that we all hang on to some hope. I am still so nervous and praying for a smooth 7 months forward. We have another scan in 2 weeks to check the progress of the embryo that isn't progressing. I will check back in as I like to hear how everyone else is doing!! I wish you all loads and loads of luck and love!!

P.s. how many of you girls are from Sydney?? :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chrissy! What wonderful, yet sad news. I am so sorry about your twins I hope there is a miracle and the one hangs in there. I can understand your sadness but joy at the same time.

I am glad you updated, it gives us all hope that this can work after so many failed attempts. Please update after your next scan, I have everything crossed for you.

I am not in Sydney, but do cycle with Genea, I don't think that is who you are with though as I know they generally won't transfer two, especially first up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wanted to say a big congrats to Scarlet, Chrissy and Wait for your BFPs! Good things come to those who wait hey!?!?! AFM I am now 15 weeks and all is going well. I have entered the wonderful second trimester and all pesky symptoms have gone except tiredness. Belly just starting to bulge a bit. Decided against amnio as the NT results were fine and bub has all his bits.
    Eleash, I hope egg pickup went well for you today. 11 follies is fine. I usually had only 14-16 eggs collected. Sometimes less is more (better quality)! Anyhow, congrats again everyone and enjoy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much girls!! Thank you for sharing my joy and please know that i wish the same happiness for all of us....that little bubba at the end of this journey.

Scarlet - thanks again sweety! Yes, mixed emotions but the happiness of being pregnant is a great feeling. I am also with Genea, but I had to convince my FS for a long time to let us put two back in. Our first two attempts were single embryo transfers. He only let us have the 2 this time as we argued that my age (39) was older and we were very prepared ( emotionally and financially ) for the possibility of twins OR even more! He wasn't really into the idea to being with. He did say that it wasn't the 'norm' anymore. BUT... In saying that, my friend who was with the city clinic said they had no problem with it. Maybe it depends who you get? Not sure.... Look after yourself and keep us tabbed also.

Flyingfish- thanks again!! And congrats!!! 15 weeks.....how exciting! Please remind me so I don't have to read back over the pages.... Your pregnancy was with a CGH tested embryo?? Anyways, I am super excited for you!!!

Eleash- I agree with Flyingfish..... Sometimes less is better. Especially if you get better quality eggs! Good luck Hun. Let us know how you go.

Xxxxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chrissy - I'm so glad to hear that you got to see that beautiful heartbeat of one of your little one. You must be so relieved. I'm sorry that the other ones don't seem to be going well. I look forward to hearing about your next scan.

Eleash - Yes, more is definitely not better. 11 is a good number. How are you going? Was your EPU on Friday?
    Last edited by wait4u; 30-09-2012 at 17:17. Reason: fixing a mistake

Thanks
    Reviews
    Eleash how did you go on Friday?
    Chrissy congrats on your heartbeat Wishing you a very smooth next 7 months.

AFM - Struggling big time at the moment. 4dp6dt and definitely don't feel it has worked I know it is early days but I have very clear pre-period symptoms and they are here. It doesn't help that the prednisolone wakes me at 4:30am every morning, poor DH woke to find me sobbing at 5am just convinced it hasn't worked again. I don't know how I'll get through the next 6 days...

Sorry for the me rant

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Scruffy..... hang in there Hun. I feel so bd for you. Sending you a great big hug. When can u have a blood test? xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Scruffy - I'm so sorry you are feeling so awful. We climb these mountains of hope time and time again and just as we glimpse the view we fall back down again. I hope it's not over for you yet though. Pre- period symptoms are a lot like pregnancy symptoms. And 10dpo seems a little early for period symptoms. Thinking of you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Wait and Chrissy,

I am feeling better after my mini meltdown. BT is Monday and my new mantra is "I didn't get AF today so it's a good day'

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies, how is everyone going?

Scruffy, I have everything crossed for yout BT today, I hope you are pleasantly surprised.

Chrissy, how was your second ultrasound? Been thinking about you heaps. I am glad you were able to transfer the 2 at Genea. I almost asked this time, I did ask the embryologist and he said he had not done one with a cgh embryo.

Wait, did you end up getting Beta done? How is it going?

AFM I am going mad, my ultrasound was booked for Monday the 15th but I have moved it to Wednesday, I just hope that if all is going well we will see a heartbeat. I have worked out I will be 6w6d Wednesday, but I was told I would be this on Friday? How do they get a different date to me? I jsut hope it isn't too early and I get heartbreak on Weds, but seriously I can't wait, this is all doing my head in.

I have only a few symptoms, I feel off but don't feel overly sick, I feel tired but not so much so that I can't get anything done. It is definately weird. Just hoping all is doing well in there. Wish me luck!