+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 64 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Rice- thank you for your wishes! I wish you the best in your pregnancy too!! How exciting....after such a journey:-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tigger, I am so sorry that none were suitable for biopsy. I am happy to hear that you are PUPO though and have everything crossed that this is it!

Chrissy- good luck with the PGD. I think I waited about 3 weeks? I was told up to 6 weeks, so was very surprised I got the call early. Please let us know how you get on with your results.

Flying Fish- Please stay! Of course you can still post. Your experience and the fact this worked for you is needed by all!

April: I have never heard of embryo glue. I have no idea what my clinic uses, but I would guess it is their own and they wouldn’t use anything else. But if your’s will let you, sounds like a great product, lets hope it is all you need.

Rice- SO happy to hear your little boy is doing well, must be like a dream. I also love that you did back to back and got pregnant, lets hope this is what happens with me.

And as for me....

Well my FS thinks that a stimulated cycle is the best thing for me, as I should produce more natural progesterone. So it was decided that since we were stimming, that I was going to do Egg Retrieval anyway. Sort of defeats the progesterone thing a little bit but we are both happy with this. It just gives me a couple more spares if need be. To be honest I don't have much confidence in my next FET.

So after ER, we are going to transfer one of my frosties on day 5 and see how we go.

She organised some testing and out of everything only one thing came back wrong and that is something called protein S, which I have found out has something to do with clotting. I haven't talked to my FS, just my GP who says I have to repeat it, apparently it fluctuates? Either way, have to do that.

My first bloods were good and my first scan is on Thursday. I am hoping for 10 (hahahahaha) but will be happy if I get a nice looking 5 like I got last time

Hope I did this right!

CGH ladies

Frosties
    Scarlet - 3 good
    Wise Enough - 9 awaiting testing
    Scruffy - 2 good, 1 unknown
    Wishmeluck - 2 good

Jabbing
    April
    Scarlet

EPU
    BubsMcG - July
    Eleash - Sept
    Simpsondesert – Aug
    April - Aug (no CGH)
    Scarlet- Aug

FET
    Scruffy Sept
    Chrissy ?
    Scarlet Aug

TWW
    Tiggerfields

Waiting on PGD
    Chrissy

Tests
    April - NK cell biopsy Sep?

BFP
    Flyingfish
    Last edited by scarlet; 01-08-2012 at 22:00.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies!!

I tried to post a few days ago and it just wiped it out before I could post it. Anyways, good news!! 2 out of 5 of our embryos came back normal! We are stoked with this result. I am now waiting for my period ( a week or so to go maybe?? ) and then we will do a FET. We have discussed putting them both back in, however I am worried about one embryo possibly affecting the implantation of the other and then potentially wasting a 'normal' embryo. Any thoughts?? Will have a chat to our FS about this too! And then..... praying that the little embryo ( or 2 ?? ) will stick!!

Cant wait to hear some good news stories from all the rest fo you too! Good luck girls!!!
    Chrissy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chrissy that is fantastic, it is a great feeling when you get that call isn't it? My clinic is the same as April and will only transfer one. They just think twins is hard on people and more chance of you not getting a baby at the end, so they prefer to do one at a time.

April, what tests have you had? Have you done blood clotting and immune ones? I found this article that explained it all well I thought. Australia just doesn't go much into detail

http://www.rialab.com/miscarriages_prevented.php

If you really want AF, drink parsley tea. It is foul but worked!

Well I am triggerring tonight, I have no idea still what is going on, this cycle is not my typical, but I have 13 follies over 14mm and it is only day 8 of stims. I think going back to back with the FET has improved this somehow, maybe with the estrogen?

Egg retrieval Monday and my frozen embryo will be transferred on Friday! I am confused. Will be on ovidrel for leuteal support, so no POAS

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls!!
    OMG... i have so many questions!
    April - I assume poas means pee on a stick?? Im not real sure about all the acronyms. Just wondering how this makes AF come quicker?? Im so curious about stuff. How many of your FET were from CGH enbryos. I do hope the next one goes well for you.

scarlet - I notice you only used 2 out of 4 of your tested embryos for transfer and then you did a fresh cycle? am i right? Was there a reason you couldnt use your other 2 tested embryos? I hope you dont mind me asking. It feels good to be able to share with other women who are experiencing similar journeys.

afm - my fs has warned about the dangers of a double transfer and wasnt keen on it to begin with. We wanted it from the start and he said no because of all the risks. But I have had 2 transfers now ( 1 fresh and 1 frozen ) and I turned 39 last month. So he kinda agreed that it might be ok to put back the 2 in the hope that at least 1 implants ( and because of my age ). Im so torn though. Having twins would not be a problem for us, but I am just worried about losing one in the womb or early labour etc :-( hmmm..... have to think some more about it I guess.

My thoughts and prayers are with you guys always and I wish everyone gets the baby they desire.

Thanks
    Reviews
    April - hahahahahaha....... how silly am I!! of course poas can't make AF come!! lol (complete blonde moment! ) Ok, so I havent read any further back and I'm sure you have answered this before, but have you had an endo biopsy as yet? I just had one done last month as I had also had most other tests done and everything was coming back normal. Again... I pray you get a positive result soon.

scarlet - good luck on monday honey!!!!

I forgot to mention - I am having Clexane with this cycle as well ( although I do not have clotting disorder ) as I've heard it can benefit with implantation. Any thoughts on this??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys xo just did trigger so all set for ER on Sunday. I am still in shock, today was day 8 of stims, usually it is 11 or 12. I had 13 follicles today, with 8 over 18mm, very, very weird for me!

dh and I are flying out tomorrow morning, it is good it is all happening on a weekend.

April, I really doubt that there is only 1 doctor in Australia that believes in it. And if not they don't believe in it cause they don't know anything about it. Funny, it is my haematologist who put me on asprin and clexane. He said that I would have a better chance of implantation. I am not sure I have a clotting disorder, I am still waiting on my second set of bloods to come back, as well as some gene testing cause apparently it can fluctuate? Who knows. The friend of mine who did cgh and had the chemical then got pregnant, she saw an different doctor and got all the protocol with them and her FS administered it. I don't think they were happy about it, but she is pregnant. She did the IVIG infusions as well as clexane and asprin.

Funny thing though, at the haematologist the other day, I asked him about steroids and he said that for me it would not be a good thing. I have no idea what this mean't but obviously there is something in my blood that the steroid wouldn't be good with. He is in Perth, maybe you could get an appointment with him? He is at Hollywood.

Chrissy, it is no problem at all to ask questions. Well basically I am still in shock I am doing another cycle. But my FS said she wanted me on a stim cycle then trigger but at lower doses, I didn't see the point of not getting my eggs. I have diminished ovarian reserve and not very good quality, so I just thought banking a few more might be in my favour, seeing as we are going there anyway. At the time it was a good idea, a couple of days ago I was thinking why? Now I am at peace with it.

My frozen embies are of great quality and hopefully we won't need these ones, but I also thought that cgh was a guarantee and it isn't.

I am not sure whether we will cgh these ones, we probably will but will see depending on quality. Last time in 2 cycles I got 4 for testing and of those all were normal, so if I can get a few to hatching blast like they need, I could assume that most of those will be normal. We just thought the outlay of one cycle when we are doing most of it anyway and travelling etc... that it could be a calculated risk.

Think about the twins, I would do it but dh is very opposed (so it is really good my clinic says no). Both his sisters have twins and they are a lot of work, we also have other children so I have to think about that as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks April, EPU went great, we got 11, my best yet. 9 were mature and 7 fertilized, so now the wait is on.

Will get you the details of the tests she sent through shortly, I might have it of an email. Will have to have a look around, or else will have to get it to you when I get home.

Do you have a good GP? I am sure they could write the requests out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

I was hoping I could join in..? Its been ages since I've posted on the forums here. I've been trying not to be obsessed and just get on with life but have been feeling quite isolated lately. So here I am.

I will have to take the time to read through this thread more. I would like to get a sense of how aCGH is working for everyone. I sure hope it will find us our sticky one.

I have just had EPU on 1 August. Collected 26 eggs of which only 7 fertilized and are frozen. I know I should be grateful to have any (and I am) but being that full of eggs takes such a physical toll, I'd like to have more to show for it! I am still feeling bloated and uncomfortable - but that may also be due to the UTI I have managed to get since the EPU. Has anyone else had this happen?

We have aCGH testing booked in for 10 September hoping that we have a wonderfully normal embryo to transfer on 12 September.

Just wondering, this is the first time I've had EPU without a transfer (thus no progesterone). Does anyone know when AF should arrive. FNs say within a week. But just wondering if anyone has any experience with this?

I will have to catch up on everyone's stories later... but that's me for now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got AF within 10 days each time of my no transfer cycles (and I have had 4, but 2 were by choice)

I am so sorry there is only 7 out of that many eggs, that must be very frustrating, but I do think you are doing the right thing doing a frozen transfer.

UTIs are also very common, take your meds and drink a lot of fluid.

What day were your embryos frozen? Your clinic does it different to mine, sounds like they freeze them day 3, arrange the testing, thaw them then grow them out.

Good luck for Sept! I have a transfer Friday and can't wait to see how I go.