+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 64 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey guys,
    Well Beta one was 38, then it went to 49, so chemical was presumed and now it is at 25. So at least I know and the limbo is over. Limbo sucks!
    I am going to have an appointment with my FS on Tuesday but at this stage we are going to move forward on the next FET next month.

Flying Fish, thank you so much for telling me that, I had lost hope that my second emby would turn out the same way as this one L My RE does not think it is immune issues or anything else other than embryo quality. Congratulations on your BFP, I know your first post is always hard, but thank you for giving us courage to go on.

April, I am all for second opinions, there is a really big reason that I cycle in Sydney and not Perth. Even in Sydney they can have conservative views on stuff, but there is no way they would let you transfer 10 embies without further testing. My RE doesn’t think it is necessary right now, but I have only had 2 transfers.

Getting back to conservative Perth and my worries, as you all know, we went down the path of being approved for Gender Selection, in Perth, there would be absolutely no way anyone would approve you unless it was dire. There is more leeway in Sydney.

We did the boys testing in May- of which we had to go to Melbourne to get answers and we got none, actually things are far worse than we thought they are and they have no idea why. One doctor believes that what they have has not been diagnosed yet! I truly with every part of me feels that a girl has a lot higher chance of being healthy, for this reason, we are only going to only transfer the one XX and then sit on it for a bit. So this is our last chance.

We have a paediatrician review in August and I think I am going to bite the bullet and tell her what we are doing, I have not wanted to do this in the past as I don’t want any judgment from anyone, thinking that we over react to my sons issues and that we are doing this just for a girl. The testing that we did just do, totally proves that there is nothing imaginary about what goes on with my boys. If she could write a letter saying that things are what they are, then we would get approved, but again, we have conservative Perth to deal with!
    I wish I wasn’t so stubborn, I wish I could just let go and be happy with what I have, but I don’t want anyone telling me when it is my time to not have any more children. I don’t want my body telling me either (unfortunately I think it is L )

Tiggerfields: Congrats on ER, that is a great number. Let us know Fert rate xoxo

Mysweetboy: Of course stay, I don’t get on here that much, but I try to keep up to date on everyone and you are all always in my thoughts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all.
    So I'm waiting for period to arrive so that I can then start synarel 21 days later. Egg retrieval is on 28th September and we are doing PGD .

I was just wondering if there was a link to a healthy eating during IVF?
    Or
    What have you added, taken away from ur diet??

Thanks all x
    I'm soooo new to all this

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck Elash!

To be honest I don't know if anything helps, i have done cycles on heaps of vitamins and still had bad quality.

I have heard avocado can be good and also eating an egg or 2 a day, other than that, try eat as healthy as you can (easier said than done on the hormones) and exercise a little if you can.

Good luck!

Tiggerfields, how did you get on xo

tiggerfields is offline Priestess of Kult K'iesha... Mooo!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We had not such great news today - none of our embies made it to hatching blast stage in order to be biopsied Really disappointed. There was just one (from 7 eggs fert) suitable for transfer so they have put that one in today.

Not feeling hopeful at all - it's exactly the pattern that happens in my natural cycles which all ended in chems or m/c. Fertilisation is fine, first few days look good then they just run out of steam and give up.

AF is due August 4-5 so I guess I'll know then. Pretty sad today

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, and thanks April78 for inviting me to join this thread. I will re-post what I wrote in a previous post incase anyone has thoughts ( although I am saddened by the number of ladies that are not having luck with CGH.... so heart-wrenching!! ).

So,
    We have just completed a second round of IVF with PGD ( CGH ). We had a good result with 5 of our 9 embryos making it through for testing. We are now waiting on a result from the lab. We decided to do this round ( as opposed to using our last 2 frozen embryos ) as we have had 3 miscarriages. 2 of these were from an IVF cycle ( one frozen and one fresh ) and the first was from a non-IVF cycle. I would really love to hear from any ladies that had a successful pregnancy from embryos that were genetically tested?? They say the success rate is quite good if they have returned with a good result after testing. Any thoughts?? We are praying for a good result!!

I have read many of the replies on here and am trying to get through some more. I do have a few more questions:

How long did any of you girls wait to get your results back from the testing??
    Also, how can I find a discussion that was only posted or started by someone on the Forum home page yesterday?? ( Sorry.... i have posted a few times, but I am quite a beginner on here ).

Ok, thanks so much for your support!! And congrats to the lady that recently got her BFP!! Sorry, i have several pages open as I am trying to read many of the posts....so I cant remember exactly which one it was!!!

Good luck everyone!!!
    Chrissy73

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi again everyone, I won't post much as as I understand with these threads you are not meant to stay once you have your BFP right?? Anyhow, I just wanted to say that I didn't do anything special on the FET that I got my BFP. I always eat healthy, excercise regularly and don't smoke or drink much (although I did have a glass or 2 the week before FET). I was not on any other medication nor have I done any immune testing etc. The one thing that I feel helped or was a good sign was that our embie that stuck is our only ever in 3 IVF cycles that hatched and was biopsied on day 5 rather than day 6. Not sure if it makes a difference but maybe he was a tad stronger. Our stumbling block always seemed to be fertilisation (we only ever got about 50%) but always had exactly 30% make it to biopsy and had 2 normals from 5 tested embies. Personally I think a lot of this comes down to luck and things we don't understand. Embryo glue sounds fascinating...I'll have to google it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi again!!

April - Our 5 embryos were biopsied on 3rd July. They said it could be anywhere between 2 to 5 weeks before we get a result from the tests. Hoping the result comes before 2 weeks time so that we can do a FET with any healthy embryos ( or even our other 2 frozen ones that havent been tested). Hmmmmm..... thats really quick to get them back in 2 days!! Maybe it varies with different clinics? ok thanks! Was curious as to how much longer it could be. Waiting is soooooooo frustrating isnt it! :-( Fingers crossed for a transfer in August!!

Thanks again for all the adivce!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Chrissy73We had several unsuccessful cycles before PGD (4 full Stim & 6 FETs equalling 15 embryos). We always got good egg numbers, good fert rates & top quality embryos. We tried day 2 & 5 transfers & best we got was 2 chemical pregnancies

Our PGD stim cycle gave us 10mature eggs, at day 3 10 & were good enough for testing - they rang right before transfer on day 5 to say 4 embryos passed the test!

We put 1 back & got BFN. Then went straight into a natural FET (no medication except one asprin per day)...today we had our 20 week scan & he's perfect! Best of luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Rice!
    Wow!! Congratulations on your pregnancy. Thats so exciting. Its just so heart-wrenching what we have to go through isnt it?? We are putting so much hope into these tested embryos and hoping that there will be much less chance of miscarriage ( as we have had 3 ) and yet there are still no guarantees. When you say you got BFN, do you mean that it didnt actually implant at all and then you just get your period? I seem to have no problem with implantation, but never seem to get past 6 or 8 weeks :-(
    So exciting about your bub!!
    thanks for the advice/support and hope even!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chrissy - yeah, it is so frustrating & unfair!

Our BFN with PGD was a straight BFN (no Hcg detected, AF arrived on time).

I thought I'd carry my ivf journey like a scar but have found it amazing how something as simple as seeing our baby's little toes on the ultrasound screen can undo so much heartbreak. Hope your bub is just a cycle away