+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

I recognise a few names on here after a few replied to my balanced translocation questions a while back....

Vesper - I also can't believe your almost due Thanks for hanging around and throwing us some support

Lindy Lou you have brightened my day with your stats about the success after embryo's pass PGD.

AFM- I did PGD with day 3 testing at a previous clinic. 9 sent for testing and 3 were normal but one had succumbed. So two cycles with one chemical and one BFN.

Changed clinics for various reasons and they do CGH. Have just had 5 hatching blastys tested and have 2 normal, 2 unbalanced and 1 with no result Anyway stoked to have two little frosties and will start FET cycle next month.

Wishing you all the best of luck, the genetic testing seems to throw in a few more nervous waits and a few more expectations and a lot more money

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wise enough, were they already biopsied? Or will the unfreeze then biopsy then re freeze? I have not heard of this before (not saying it doesn't happen)

I have heard that moving embryos is generally fine though xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    They will unfreeze, grow to blastie, biopsy, refreeze, get results, thaw and transfer. I had them frozen at day 3 at another clinic and didn't realise I would need the testing then. Just feels like so many places it can go wrong. But it's good to know I'm not alone. I will keep you updated when I start as to how it turns out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scarlet View Post
    Lindylou if you don't mind me asking, do you remember how much stims you were on? This next cycle is going to be the same as the last and I have been told they don't go any higher cause it affects quality. This cycle I was on 300 and got the 7 eggs. We probably do have the same clinic

Also another strange question is did they tell you the sexes of the embryos? There is a long and complicated story as to why we are finding out, but was just wondering if they do tell you if you have no reason to know? If you don't want to discuss it, I understand or you could pm me if you don't want it public, I just wondered if everyone doing the testing found out what they would be transferring (and would also love to know your gender split!).

I would also love to know if it was your day 6 emby that was abnormal as my last one tested was.
    Hi Scarlet,

Sorry you only ended up with one embie suitable for biopsy . I hope it comes back 100% normal and gives you the bub you long for to complete your family. You sure have been through the wringer

My last stim I was on 250IU of Gonal F. This gave me 13 eggs, of which 10 were mature. The goal is 6-12 mature eggs per cycle, so if you're getting 7 then it makes sense they would keep you on the same dose.

I was told the sex of my two normal embryos, one male and one female. This was readily volunteered, so it seems no problem if you want to know. However, I don't get a choice in which is thawed & transferred first.

I don't know if the Day 6 embie was the abnormal one, sorry.

I hope your new cycle yields a much better number of hatching blasts

Thanks
    Reviews
    Scruffy- Those stats sure are mind-blowing. That's what my clinic have published for staggered cycles with day 5 biopsy, freezing all, then FET later on. My FET is this coming Friday, and I'm so nervous. Its hard to let myself believe that after all the failed cycles, this could be our ticket to BFP land! Congrats on your two normal frosties, and all the best for your FET cycle

Wise- I would so love to hear how things pan out with your embies being grown to Day 5 and biopsied. I think you have to prepare yourself to lose a few, but at the end of the day whatever embies die in the lab wouldn't have given you a BFP anyway. Starting with 9 embies is awesome though, hopefully 4-5 would get to biopsy stage

April- how did you go with EPU? I hope there were some surprise extra eggs & you get enough embies to make the aCGH worthwhile

tiggerfields is offline Priestess of Kult K'iesha... Mooo!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Subscribing - looks like we'll be going down this road with Genea starting in May. This is a great and very informative thread, thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    April, that is amazing, you are my dream cycle. I always get less than what we are expecting, I always hear about these people who have more pop up between the last ultrasound.

Please keep us up to date on which ones progress, I would especially like to hear if you have to get to hatching blast like us. I would say yes if it is the same, but it could be different. Be prepared to loose quite a few but what you do get if they are CGH normal the transfer rate is really, really high.

I think they choose what they consider the best looking embryo to transfer, BUT I am sure if you put it to them that you would love to have any girls transferred first, most doctors I think would agree. If they do have to get to hatching blast they would probably be of really good quality anyway. It can't hurt to ask. Though Perth is so anti gender selection, it may be harder to get them to agree, but like I said, can't hurt to ask.

Well I am on day 5 of stims and my day 3 results were not good, my estradiol hardly rose at all, I don't get it, I have never had hardly any response, I just hope that the cycle isn't cancelled. Maybe doing it back to back wasn't the best choice? I have ultrasounds and bloods on Friday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    April- I've heard of a few bonus eggs showing up at EPU, but more than 10 extra is phenomenal!! And what a brilliant fert rate you had! Any news on how many have reached blastie stage? Hoping you have your whole family in this lot . I asked the embryologist how she selected the embryos for thawing after CGH, and she said its based on quality. At my clinic, they are frozen in order of grading, then the highest quality embie is defrosted first. Sex is not a factor.

Scarlet- how did you go with US & BT today? I hope things are looking good & your cycle will progress. I asked today whether it was our day 6 embie that was abnormal, but it wasn't. The abnormal one was actually the highest graded embie that was biopsied & frozen at Day 5. If we didn't do CGH, that abnormal embie would've been the one selected for fresh ET! Such a relief to know we dodged another BFN or chem pg.

Hi to Wise, Tiggerfields & Scruffy

AFM- Our FET today went perfectly! Embie thawed with 95% cell survival and was fully re-expanded. My FS is very confident about this little one, and DH & I are just beside ourselves! We could've found out the sex of the chosen embryo, but decided to wait til I get a BFP first. Had my pre and post-ET acupuncture, and now about to veg out on the couch .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    April: wow!! What an amazing cycle! To have all those extra eggs is one thing, but to actually have them fertalize is fantastic. Sounds like they are growing well.

Lindylou: congrats on being PUPO! Snuggle in nice and tight little embie. I wish the two weeks would hurry up already! Will you POAS? I did every day after my first transfer and watched the false positive fade to nothing then come back as a faint line. That faint line is now chatting in the cot at the end of my bed.

I'm with Monash and they have just changed to day 5 biopsy. They're also forging an agreement with a US lab using a new technique, so my embie cells will probably be sent there. It's a bit more in depth than what they do in house. I'm scared nothing will make it to day 5, but I know they wouldn't have made it anyway. I've achieved the first step this week and transferred them to Monash in Melb from my old FS in QLD. Not that easy since you need police checks and VARTA approval. It's taken much longer than I expected. Oh well, can't do anything till agreement is signed with US company anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lindylou: CONGRATULATIONS, how exciting to have had your transfer, good luck with the next couple of weeks, I really think having a cgh tested embryo will give you the best chance possible. A friend of mine has hers transferred on Thursday.

Thank you for asking about the embryo, it is good to know that the day 6 one was normal and the best one abnormal (which kind of makes me even more angry they won't biopsy a grade 3HB). I have only ever had one embryo make it to biopsy as a day 5/6 hatching blast and it was abnormal so the wait is hard.

I had my scan today and I had 7 follicles and my e2 was 694, I am quite dissappointed as this time last cycle, my e2 was 1600 and had 11 follicles. I tend to loose follicles along the way so I think I will be lucky to get 4-7 eggs, which I know I should be excited about, but from day 3-5 my embryos go downhill, so I need as many as possible, I just don't want to have done this whole second cycle to not even get another one to biopsy.

April: having 10 in the race still is amazing, I really hope you get good news on how many are able to be biopsied tomorrow and Sunday, please keep us up to date with the progress.