+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 64 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Ohhhhh Scruff, I am so thinking of you standard IVF is hard enough and the CGH just adds a whole new layers (many layers actually!!!) of frustration and difficulty. It totally sux, there is no two way about it ... I don't know if this will make you feel better but yesterday we were talking to the Scientific Director of MIVF (he is one clever, passionate man about CGH) and he says realistically in any given CGH cycle, they hope to get the one golden egg that makes it successfully through testing and to day 5/6. That is a true success but many women take a few cycles to get the golden egg and few women get more than one golden one per cycle - they are the lucky few. I guess what I am saying is that you are so close to having your one golden egg and I will cross every thing that I have to cross in hope that this golden eggie is your beautiful daughter or son

Thanks so much ladies for your comments back on batching eggies and aspirin.

Scarlet & April, so thinking of you both for your upcoming FETs. Do you like eating Kiwi? My FS and TCM doc said eating 2 kiwis a day works just like baby aspirin and is great to start from transfer who knows?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Bubs - lets hope my one is the golden egg! I like that saying and it will be my new catch cry

Also got my NK cell test back and it was all fine! So absolutely every test I have ever had (and I'm pretty sure i've now had the lot) has come back fine apart from the BT so why aren't these damn perfect embies sticking?? I now have to pin all my hope on the golden egg theory

I will now be cheering my CGH buddies for all the upcoming transfers

Thanks
    Reviews
    April - I have everything crossed for you Shame your DH will be away, IVF timings never work as you plan them too!

Anyway little update from me, after a call from the Dr who interprets results at HIVF in which she said everything was fine I asked her to send me my NK cell results. She clearly can't read as one cell in particular is at very high levels. Called her back and asked her to point this out the Simon Turner tomorrow and ask him to call me (not sure if he will) but want to get on steroids asap before next cycle....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies

Sorry I haven't been around much to post. As Scruffy correctly pointed out, I have been stalking lol. Just feeling despondent so thought I would save you all from that with daily "why me" postings! I have been following your journeys though and wishing you well from afar. After my egg batching efforts in April (one at Day 2) I was supposed to start another cycle last week but went for a scan just before AF was due to find I had 3 large follicles that shouldn't have been there at that stage of my cycle. So AF likely to arrive sometime this week at which time I will have another scan and pray like crazy no stray follicles early in the cycle. FS said part of the problem with ageing ovaries. Hoping this isn't it for me and that I get to make a few more embies to test. Realistically, a few more cycles will probably be it for me and then donor hopefully. Lots to think about. Anyone else have this problem with random follicles turning up out of sync of their period?

April - So happy to hear you have another FET just around the corner. Such a shame DH can't be there with you for the transfer. Can you put him on video phone so he can at least feel like he's there with you?

Scruffy - sorry about your numbers this cycle, but I'm sure your one golden egg looked beautiful for the CGH testing Did Simon Turner get back to you today? Your overseas holiday sounds fantastic and I hope you really get to let loose, drink lots of Moet and well and truly kick your heals up. You have 9 long months ahead of you when you get back

Scarlet - Good luck for your FET this month. It's interesting to read about all the hatching blasts that are necessary for Genea. I'm pretty sure none of mine would make it that far. Probably why they wouldn't like me as a patient! I'd completely ruin their stats

BubsMcG - good luck with your batching too. I see you had 2 x day 2 embies from your last cycle. Good luck for your next one. Wishing you lots of quality embryos

Hi to everyone else - Rice, Wise, Lindy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    April: really hope everything went well for you today xoxo

Scruffy: what is wrong with people! Hope you got some answers back on your tests.

Wish: So sorry things aren't working out at the moment, hope that when AF arrives everything has settled down. I haven't had this, but I have never had a scan when I wasn't cycling so I don't think I would know. I know that after the last 2 cycles everything has been out of whack with me. So maybe you just need an AF to get back on track. Otherwise maybe they could be cysts?

AFM: AF arrived. This afternoon, rang Genea today and said that I had spotting and that it would be here soon, but she basically said ring back when it is here! Well it is here but you have all gone home lol I just am so unsure of these meds and what to do. I am on estradiol, but don't know when to start it, I am assuming tomorrow?

I am so worried about this FET, I think I assumed that cause I have a perfect emby to transfer I can't fail. I have never had immune testing or anything, everyone talks about it and I wonder why FS don't just do it for everyone?

I will start eating a kiwi a day

When did everyone else start the aspirin?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to scarlet For This Useful Post:

wishmeluck  (15-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there beautiful ladies ... April & Scarlet, so thinking of you both for your upcoming FETs. I have that this is THE ONE . Scruffy, your holiday sounds sensational and I so wish you relaxation and enjoyment So incredibly well deserved!

Wish sweetheart, I just read your signature and I wish I could give you a giant hug in person. You have been through so much and I know your beautiful little girl is so proud of her mummy how courageous and brave you are to continue to 'fight the good fight' which is what I more recently call the crazy world of IVF.

Oh and Scarlet, both my ob from when I was preggo and my FS currently have recommended I stay on baby asprin right throughout the entire cycle and continue into pregnancy. Helps with blood flow to the ovaries in producing fine eggies, aides in implantation after transfer and when preggo, aides in placenta function.

AFM, just had my 3rd scan today and I have 10 great sized 'evenish' sized follies with Egg Pick Up scheduled for Monday. I have enough this time to CGH test. We have 2 in the freezer and if we get 4 that are CGH testable, we will defrost our 2 frozen guys and test the 6. Anything less than that, we have decided to cancel testing and just continue to batch, Eeekk !!!

Love to all xxx

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BubsMcG For This Useful Post:

wishmeluck  (15-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey April,

I thought it was last Monday, well know my mistake now, I had the flu all weekend and only just now getting better, thought I missed it.

Good luck Monday, know how you are with not telling people, I have only told a few also and really glad about that, the dissappointment in other peoples eyes, is a little more than I can take! I am in Perth if you do need any help while dh is away, I live near the hills, don't know if that is close to you.

AFM, I started AF 2 days ago and am on day 2 of estrogen and it is a pain already, hope I get used to them, they make me feel quite sick! Scan next Friday.

CGH ladies

April - CGH results - 2 good - 1st FET BFN - 2nd FET 18 June
    Scarlet - CGH results - 4 good - FET Transfer- July 3
    Wise Enough - 9 frosties (day 3) waiting for PGD
    Lindy - June CGH
    Tiggerfields - July CGH
    Summershine - May CGH
    Scruffy - 1 good frosty, banking more... EPU approx June 3rd
    Wishmeluck - EPU May - date ?
    BubsMcG - 2 frosties, banking more... EPU?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ooohh FET, how exciting!!! Good luck! I understand you not wanting everyone to know, everyone has advice and is sure it will work first go. They know someone who -insert unhelpful advice here-....

Still reading on the side lines. Maybe change me on the roll call to sitting waiting wishing...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Scarlet - Great that your new cycle has started and your heading towards your FET. I really hope this is the one for you

April - Good luck for Monday. this is your golden egg too.

Wise Enough - I hope your sitting, waiting, wishing goes quickly and successfully for you

BubsMcG - Thanks so much for your kind words. A great big warm hug to you too. So very sorry to read of your own loss. IVF is an incredibly painful journey for many, but the rewards are priceless. Sending you all the fertility vibes I can muster for your current cycle which sounds like it's going great guns. Every good wish for a wonderful collection on Monday. I'll be hovering to see how you go

AFM: My hormones have been all over the place thanks to an ovarian cyst which was removed today. AF came yesterday so now have a clean slate for this cycle and no untoward follicles or cysts to bugger it up. Now just have to respond to the stims Am excited to see how I go this cycle as first time on Clomid and Gonal. Please, please, please be a good one

Have a great weekend ladies

CGH ladies

Wise Enough - 9 frosties (day 3) waiting for PGD
    Lindy - June CGH
    Tiggerfields - July CGH
    Summershine - May CGH
    Wishmeluck - 2 frosties, banking more - Next EPU approx June 29
    BubsMcG - 2 frosties, banking more... EPU 18 June
    Last edited by wishmeluck; 15-06-2012 at 22:52.

Thanks
    Reviews
    April: Really hoping everything went well for you today xoxo

Wish: Glad everything is sorted out, thought it may have been a cyst. Glad to ehar you are back on the horse as they say

CGH ladies

Wise Enough - 9 frosties (day 3-need PGD), sitting, waiting, wishing
    Lindy - June CGH
    Tiggerfields - July CGH
    Summershine - May CGH
    Wishmeluck - 2 frosties, banking more - Next EPU approx June 29
    BubsMcG - 2 frosties, banking more... EPU 18 June