+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 64 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi BubsMcG

1) I did CGH through MIVF & tested 10 embies from 1 stim cycle (the cost was the same no matter how many we got to test - this was back in Feb).

2) Yes, I took baby asprin. I asked FS a long time ago about it after reading of others using it here on BH. He said there was nothing to suggest it makes a difference but also said it wouldn't hurt. I let it go and then randomly thought I'd try it for our Mar12 FET (started CD6 one a day)...13weeks preg todayImpossible to say if Asprin was the what put us over the line though.

Baby dust to you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Bubs! Really hoping this is it.

My friend who just had the transfer got her 3rd Beta back and it is really good, so all is looking good there now. So that is 2 from my clinic now, so yay, at least it is working for someone.

Bubs, my clinic is like Aprils, they will only do a batch if you have 2 or less, I batched cause I only got one on the first one. They do it in small lots of a couple of reasons, the first is medicare, they have to have a limit cause Medicare don't want to pay for another cycle, if there is the chance of a good number of embryos in there, and the other is they don't want too many really good embies just sitting there.

BUT our clinic will only biopsy on day 5 hatching blast, so the chances are if they make it to biopsy they are going to have a high chance of all or most normal.

You will have to check with your clinic what your batching policy is.

With the asprin, I will be on it. It was actually suggested by my haematologist, don't know how scientific it is, but I have slight inflammation always in my blood and he said it may help. My FS said it was fine with her.

I am supposed to start a couple of days before transfer, is this how everyone else does it?

I have a question about medicated FET's, I am only going to be on ethinyl estradiol, then progesterone 5 days before transfer, is this OK? How will they know that I won't ovulate if I ovulate late anyway? This FET thing is just all so new to me.

April, hang in there, I understand why you are not going into this with high hopes, lets just hope that this is it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    April - I know what you mean about trying to protect yourself from bad news, I find I swing from feeling numb to being an emotional wreck at the drop of a hat Are they doing anything different this cycle?

Scarlet with my FET they said it doesn't matter about your own ovulation, the drugs they give you control your cycle and they will put it back when the lining is good and the progesterone kicks your body into implantation mode. When they were trying to thicken my lining they were all set to put one back in about day 26!

Bubs for your questions I sent mine for testing with however embies we had (first time 9 tested on Day 3, second time 5 tested on day 5). My DH and I discussed that if we had any more than 1 this time we would test.

The senior FN and my FS both suggested baby aspirin after my third failed attempt. The FS said I could continuously take it from now onwards because it's good for other things besides IVF! I am on Cardiprin, very cheap over the counter at any pharmacy. I also hope maybe it will give us a natural miracle whilst we wait for the next FET

Rice - congrats on the 13 weeks, lets hope aspirin is the key for all of us

Hello everyone else, Wise, Wish, Lindy (I'm sure you're stalking )

AFM - Super annoyed at my clinic today. They rang this morning to say all 4 have made blastocyst but not hatching yet so they would check them again this afternoon and call. Finally I called them at 4:30pm to be told 'sorry the embryologists have gone home for the day' Seriously do they not understand how stressful this is. So I have to wait for tomorrow, my guess is they're leaving them overnight because you think they would have called if they biopsied my little embies....

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Scruffy For This Useful Post:

SimpsonDesert  (06-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Woo hoo Scruffy! All 4 made it to balstocyst so far so good! Can you imagine if you got all 4?

I do feel SO sorry for you right now, I was the same, I had 2 on day 5 that were HB and they still wouldn't biopsy, so I worried all night that something would happen and I would get none, woke in the morning and was told there was 3! It is a really good sign they have made it that far.

If it helps, they told me that they could of biopsied on day 5, but she said since they just weren't there yet, they would prefer to wait, if it was day 6, they would of pushed it, but they want the best possible result. OK in theory, not so good for us! I had to take a valium that night

I was wondering why you chose to do a FET later and not do a transfer of your frostie this cycle after EPU? Do you think a FET will be better? If I missed something sorry.

Are you in Sydney? Sorry I can't remember, but I am assuming since it is cgh and HB, that it is Genea or one of the clinics associated with it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Scarlet, thanks for your kind words, you're right sleep might evade me tonight ;-)

I'm in Perth with Hollywood IVF, embryo's are sent to Genea for CGH.
    My clinic make you wait a month after EPU cycle to get the drugs out of your system before FET and we are off overseas for a month mid July so it was all a bit too tight to get another round in. I'm not too upset, planning on having a few champagnes on holiday and living it up without being pregnant or having kids!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's right! I am in Perth too, I am with Genea Sydney though, just worked out that way, I really like my FS. They do exact same protocol as HIVF.

Good idea to go away not preggo and have some fun and destress a bit.

Let us know how it goes tomorrow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Waiting, waiting! You must be going nuts, hope all the news is positive xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    One

I am so over this, all this time, energy and money for what? One lousy embryo that's probably a dud anyway. And they can't give you any answers, four perfect blastocysts yesterday and only one to biopsy today. You can't even use those other ones. I think I am going to give up the CGH, you lose so many growing to hatching blasty. Next time I think we'll take our chances....

PS - We are going to test this one and not batch, it wasn't too expensive as have reached the medicare limit and got a stack of money back.

So now we wait again

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gosh Scruffy, I am so sorry. My first cycle I had 6 embryos all going well day 3 and only 1 was biopsied. There was another HB but it was a grade 3, so they didn't do it and I was like WHY NOT???? They have such strict criteria, it is why their rates are so high on what is tested. But that doesn't mean that it doesn't suck!

I know if you were doing it for miscarriage or past failed cycles, they would of put one or two of the other blasts in today and seen how it went.

I am sure it is normal, the one where I only got one to test, it was normal xoxo

I don't know if you know, but you can also get the tax 20% back on medical stuff at the end of the year, so anything you do have to pay out of pocket you get back. I do think though, that the safety net is capped with IVF so you don't get the full amount back, so look into it. The PGD part is not covered at all.

I have hit safety net every year by March, cause of ds2 But it is a great thing when you see drs as much as we do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Scarlet and April,

Cancelled most of my work appointments and have just picked up chocolate Don't feel too bad as haven't had any time off this cycle.

Scarlet - I agree, why won't they let me try with the other blastocysts. I would have happily put one back in today and took my chances.

April - I am with HIVF. They said to me because their nurses are now doing the ultrasounds and they are only trained to look at the follicles and endometrium, therefore they are insisting on a yearly pelvic ultrasound to check everything else

Thanks for the Off to the couch!