+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 64 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Very interesting how they are doing it. When I batched, I grew mine to day 5/6 and they had to be hatching blast, then they did the biopsy and then they froze it. Then I did another cycle, same thing, but they added in the biopsy to the ones in my second cycle.

How are they going to test your embryo? Unfreeze, grow, biopsy and re freeze? Sorry for the questions, just trying to understand.

I think with the cells it is also really hard to see day 2, as they could be 4 cells or they got it just that bit later and there are more. If they were able to freeze it, I wouldn't worry xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Good quesion Scarlet about the day of biopsy for the CGH testing. I would have preferred Day 5 as the current research seems to indicate that is better. But as my clinic seem to be new to CGH testing (as in the biopsy part of it) they are planning to store all of my available embryos at Day 2 for this cycle and another cycle. After the 3rd cycle they will unfreeze all frozen embryos at day 2 to coincide with the development stage of the embryos from the last cycle, and grow all out to day 3 together. They will then biopsy one cell from each and send for testing to Melb IVF in one batch while allowing the embies to grow out to Day 5 by which time results should be back for fresh transfer and freezing of any others that are okay. Sounds really convoluted but the scientific director I spoke to said there is no problem with freezing and refreezing of embryos and that the attrition rate is less than 1% due to the vitrification process used now. I still have concerns about mosaicism and only testing one cell from each embryo at Day 3, but I guess it's better than nothing. I can always hope that my clinic may be up to speed with 5 day biopsies when I finally get around to testing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    April, I really hope the scientific director from my clinic was right in the low attrition rate at my clinic. So awful that you lost some in the defrost. Panicking now I wasn't told any limit about the number of embryos for testing but maybe that's because I'd never reach the threshold anyway having so few embryos! Perhaps not letting you do further CGH testing is because the chromosomally normal embryos you have on ice are more likely to implant and be successful, therefore generating more may be surplus to needs? Still think it's your money and your eggs so don't see why you have to limit it. Big brother strikes again
    Last edited by wishmeluck; 04-05-2012 at 00:04.

Thanks
    Reviews
    April: I was told the same thing, but I was also told that it was new. I was also told max number was 3, if you had 3 you had to test. Apparently everything has to be covered by medicare, so they made a number and that helps out people who only get one to test. I get it, if that one first embryo was normal, then medicare had to pay another cycle for nothing. I also think it keeps the number of normal embryos that my later not be used down.

Don't worry about the thaw, were all your other embryos day 6 HB's? I am sure it will be fine.

Anyway, I only got 1 on first cycle so asked if I could batch, she said it was actually only a new thing to my clinic and yes we could. When I asked if they batch in December she said they did not.

Wish I have heard of your type of batching, just not here but in the US, I am sure they know what they are doing and this way I am also sure you can do more than 2 embies at a time because with us, we have the total number biopsied as with you, they won't know the exact number till they have re grown them. For what it is worth, I think there is less chance of mocaism with a day 3 cgh, then other PGD types of testing.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to scarlet For This Useful Post:

wishmeluck  (04-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all

Wish - sorry your numbers weren't what you hoped. Hopefully you can change some things and get a few more to bank. My testing was also Day 6 hatching blast.

Wise - that sucks about your donor, all those useless embies. I would be furious. Does he not realise how important this is and how much he has f*cked you around!?! Of I am so angry just thinking about it.Is there a long wait for donors at your clinic?

April - thinking of you, I hope all goes well with transfer and you don't go too mad in the TWW. Are you putting both back in? C'mon, our thread needs some good news

Scarlet - looks like we might be cycling together Don't you love those rare occasions when the IVF gods come together and things get going quicker than you thought! Hopefully with your sons testing and being UTD life will be sorted very soon

Lindy - Have you had your MRI? Let's hope every box is ticked so you can get back cycling again with the perfect protocol.

AFM - I am always amazed how from the lowest of lows with the BFN you soon pick yourself up and concentrate on the next step. DH thinks I am very resilient but what else can you do?

Also my sister who also has the BT is due to give birth any day (it's her third), she didn't have an any testing on the bub so I hope everything is ok. Also finding it a bit hard to cope with as I so wish it was me about to pop

HSC is one week today and hopefully AF the week after. Does the HSC delay AF?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Stalker alert...
    April - Popping in quickly to wish u best of luck - hope this is 'the one'
    Wishmeluck - I had testing at MIVF too...and got lucky. Hope u do too

Thanks
    Reviews
    YAY April, fantastic news, if this is the first HB to thaw, I am sure you will have no problems. Let us know how you get on.

Rice: so wonderful to hear that you have had success with PGD at MIVF, did you do a fresh transfer for your Feb cycle? Or was it a FET?

AFM: AF finally arrived today, 10 days late. I drank some fresh parsley tea Sunday night, the foulest stuff I have ever tasted but it worked. Scruffy still on track this month? I am doing non medicated, so mine will be around the 27th May

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rice - Thanks for the good luck wishes I'll be a little way off testing yet. Only one embryo this time so probably another two cycles now and hoping to get more next time in June. FS is adding in clomid this time as well as the Gonal 450 so will see if we can get my stubborn, old, decrepid ovaries to do something special So happy to hear of your success.

April - for FET. It's finally here!!

Scarlet - Yay for AF!!

Scruffy - good luck for HSC and for the prompt arrival of AF afterwards

Hi everyone else Some babydust for all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not long now April - counting the days for you...

Yay for AF Scarlet - Nice easy month for you with a non-medicated FET

Wish - I hope the new regimen gets you a few more, enjoy your downtime

Lindy - How you doing?

Wise - I hope your doing OK too? What's the next step?

AFM - My sister gave birth yesterday which brings up all those mixed feelings of happiness, sadness, guilt, frustration... actually pretty low at the moment and just hope there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
    Will try and update roll call as things seem to be moving on for lots of us

Thanks
    Reviews
    Double post see below...