+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 64 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh Wish that's disappointing. I wish I was one of those people who knew what to say to make you feel better. Here's hoping they both fertilise and grow. My sister had 15 eggs (donated from my other sister) and only one little bugger fertalised. They were shattered. But it hung in there and grew, and now it's my nephew. It's not looking good, but your not out yet.

Lindy- my sister and I were talking and we think you should be an IVF consultant. Someone people go to for advice on where to turn next. I reckon there's a market for it, and you've researched it all.

Crying baby so can't write much. First day back at work today, I'd been dreading it so much. But it went fine, and DD loves care so I'm lucky. My donor has pulled out of all meetings for a chat, and seems to want to forget I exist. I don't want to proceed with the testing if he's going to pull out, not wasting 4 grand on embies I can't use. I can use them without his permission but would never do that. I just don't know what's going on with him. It's making me sad and really hurting me. Will call him in a few days since he's cancelled meetings/ignored emails.

Scruffy: by all means go for it! Any slight increase in your chances has to help, especially if it helps keep you in a positive frame of mind.

Big hi to everyone else!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Wish, that's a bummer :-( But as we all know it only takes one! Let's hope both fertilize overnight and grow nice and strong. You are due some luck!

April - Any idea when your EPU will be?

My HSC is on the 11th May which is Day 21 then hopefully straight into FET. Anyone know when you have to start meds if NK cells positive?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oops sorry April, it's hard to keep up even with our small thread ;-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Been a quiet few days in here!

Wish- how did you go with fertilisation and embryo development? Hope it went well and you're happy with the outcome!

Wise- oh wow, what a huge compliment! Thank you! My FS is pretty impressed with how well informed I am, he said his head was hurting after our last appointment . Sometimes I'd rather know nothing other than unprotected sex = babies . Any response from your donor yet? Very sad that he's avoiding you like this and hurting your friendship. Hope your first week back at work has gone smoothly!

Scruffy- definitely a good idea to do FET soon after your scratch biopsy. If you still want to stim first, get your FS to do a second biopsy when you go in for EPU. Thats what my FS is doing for me. I start my prednisolone on the same day as FET.

April- any news on a FET date for you?

Scarlet-

AFM- Having my US next Monday. In the meantime, just burying my head in work and enjoying being back at the gym.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My donor is out . 9 beautiful embies I can't (wont) use. I was really knocked yesterday, very angry with him but today its all about moving forward and making a new plan. It's what ladies in this thread do, we take the hit, have a cry, then pick ourselves back up and make a new plan.

I will still be in this thread cheering you all on. You can't get rid of me that easily!

Thanks
    Reviews
    He's not in the right place right now, emotionally and mentally. Trying really hard to be understanding but I don't feel that way at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMGosh Wise, that is devestating. I personally would use the embryos (oops did I say that?) I am so sorry if I am prying, but is he a big part of your (and your daughters life?), since he is donor sperm, legally they are yours or am I incorrect in thinking that? I really hope he will change his mind. I am just so sad for you and I know I am mean't to be strong for you right now

Scruffy: Good luck in June, I hear the scratch thing does help with implantation, so hopefully it is all the kick start you need. June will be here in a flash.

Wish: I am so sorry you only got 2 eggs, I got 3 mature and only 2 fertilised once (and I had 8 follicles). I also had 9 eggs once and none fertilised, so I have been all ends of the scale, I know how it feels, it sucks, BUT like in my last cycle I only got 4 mature eggs and 3 are cgh normal hatching blasts! So I do believe low numbers can work. So fingers crossed, please let us know how they get on.

Lindy: great you are having the final scan for the adenomyosis. The friend I told you about who did the treatement for 3 months, her first transfer she had a miscarriage, but it turned out the baby had monosomy 22 but she went the next month and transferred again and she is now 10 weeks pregnant and everything looks good. So there is a success for you. She also did a full cycle before doing the treatment so she had the frosties for later.

April! I almost forgot, good luck for this week! Let us know when you will have your transfer. I am a POAS addict, I already bought a 3 pack lol and have used them seeing if I was pregnant this month naturally.

AFM: well AF still hasn't shown, this is good and bad. I was going to wait another month for FET cause of the timing of the kids testing, but now the timing will be good to go ahead this month. I have POAS 3 times over the week so pretty sure I am not pregnant, I am now a week late. But I am really, really excited now. I just hope my emby sticks and grows
    Last edited by scarlet; 03-05-2012 at 20:19.

Thanks
    Reviews
    April78 - So excited your transfer is so close. I hope hubby will be back home with you for starting pregnyl next week

Wise - so sorry to hear about your donor. Some people really don't think about what they're doing or how they effect anyone else - particularly when the consequences of this particular decision are huge for you. I hope that the graceful way you are managing this gets returned to you in kind.

Scarlet - Thanks for your understanding about how disappointed I was with my 2 eggs. Your results give me hope for my next cycle. Good luck for your cycle this month. Sometimes timing works in mysterious ways!! LOL about being a POAS addict!!!

Scruffy - Not long now til your HSC and then you can get onto your FET!!!

Lindylou - I hope you're enjoying your break from IVF. Just getting your body nice and relaxed and rested from all the poking and prodding - just in time to start again

AFM: Had my appt with the FS this afternoon. No need to panic, she's still alive I was rather upset after my EPU and my friend had said to me she hoped my FS didn't have a stapler on her desk, who knows what I would have done with it! Thankfully, didn't need it. My FS explained that I hadn't ovulated early and that she actually aspirated more follicles than 3 so she was unsure why the nurse told me that. I couldn't understand how I could go from having 5 mature follicles and 6 others a few days before EPU, to just have 3 so that makes sense now. I asked about protocl change and she explained why she felt the antagonist protocol was the best one for me. The only thing different she will do is add in clomid to give my eggs a bit of a boost. So, fingers crossed next cycle will be better than this one. I will also restart DHEA which I had stopped a few months ago which may also account for a somewhat lousy cycle. Looking forward to another cycle in June. Have a great night everyone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitely add in DHEA wish, I am 100% convinced it was the difference between my cycles. I am glad you have an answer and looking forward to June.

Did any of your embryos progress to biopsy/freeze?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Scarlet, one of the eggs didn't fertilise but the other did and was 6 cells when they froze it yesterday at Day 2. I was a bit concerned it was progressing too fast but then heard the latest research that said that a fast growing emby is only a problem if it succumbs before Day 3, but that if it goes past this it actually has better potential than even a normal progressing embryo. You take hope where you can find it hey?! I will store this one and do another cycle or two to have a decent number to test. Fingers crossed