+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default ***Support Thread*** Adding to your family

Hi

I couldn't find another thread around this topic so thought I would post a new one.

I wanted to create a thread where we who are so very blessed to already have children (weather assisted the first time or not) could drop in and have a chat/vent about heading down the fertility track to add to our families. This could be about dealing with people not understanding why we should have the option of fertility treatment if we already have children or just dealing with all the moods that come with the fertility drugs while having little ones around and not understanding.

Our Story ~
    We started trying for bubba #1 on our wedding night and were so so lucky to come back from our honeymoon PREGNANT! Perfect pregnancy followed and perfect birth but I never got regular periods back after I stopped BF when DS was 4 months old. A lot of dismissal by GPs, Gynos and FS (you've had a baby it will surely work itself out) and then 2 years later my FS tests for AMH and it is discovered I am 5.4 at 31 years old so still no periods despite being regular as clock work prior to having DS and we were put on the IVF rollarcoaster in September 2011. We got an amazing 19 eggs but only 1 to Blasto stage and got a period before our TWW was up, second time around we got 24 eggs but only 1 to blasty and period before our TWW was up AGAIN! So we are going backwards to come forwards and try clomid this cycle as obviously I respond to IVF drugs so fingers crossed we get a lovely follie this month which leads to a BFP to give our little monkey the baby sibling he so desires...

Love to hear from anyone else, I know its a really hard time for anyone but when you've been given an insight into how awesome parenthood is only to have problems conceiving again it is just heart breaking

Take care and to you all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am in the same boat too, but have different fertility issues and our dd was concieved from our first ivf cycle. We have severe mfi as well as pcos. We don't know if it's the pcos or me just that little bit older, but I just came out of a terrible cycle having 12 eggs but 7 immature. The rest were quite poor quality. Had two left to transfer but only a few cells each so of course we got a BFN.

We cycle again in may and trialling a few new meds ATM and hoping for a different protocol next time.

I am starting to come to terms with not having anymore babies. I just don't know how many cycles I have left in me. I have two key thoughts constantly on my mind: every failed cycle is money wasted that could have gone towards our/DDs future. And, every failed cycle reminds me and tortures me of how much of a miracle DD truly is. I always believed this from the minute she was a confirmed pregnancy, but so many losses, failed cycles bring a lot more anxiety. She's all I have. How many times can one person win the lotto? We won with her. I don't know if we will win again.
    Last edited by nicole83; 04-03-2012 at 20:11.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also fell pregnant within 6 weeks of stopping the pill the first time around. But this time its been nearly 3 months off pill and no period!

I wonder if i messed up my body by starting pill as soon as i stopped breast feeding and so not allowing my natural cycle to resume.

Trying not to panic too much as its not been that long yet, but really worried I'll have similar problems to what you guys are describing.

Love my little boy so much but the desire to be pregnant again is overwhelming!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We had DS with no problems but in the 6 years since have not managed to conceive #2. In that 6 years I have been dignosed with both PCOS and endo which I had surgery to clear up last year. I am currently in the TWW of my fourth cycle of clomid (9dpo).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi. Our first cycle we got ds1 and our second cycle we got ds2. We are looking at sex selection within a year to complete our family with a girl. Ivf certainly is one big rollercoaster. Dh has slow motility, I have just had the egg timer test and its 11.9, I'm 37 this year so feel I need to get cracking for our third and last!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

I'm in the same boat. I have 2 children aged 9 & 10 to a previous marriage. They were both conceived naturally with my first taking 2 years to conceive.

My second marriage (DH had no children) I have DD2 who was conceived via IVF. and now we are back for another one. We had an FET just before Christmas and it ended up a BO and a D&C. So it's another full IVF stim cycle now.

I don't think people understand that just because you already have children doesn't mean it's not any easier the second or third time around.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Isn't it sad how common it is to be having dramas adding to our family Especially when you might of made plans together about how many children you would like and to have already have a portion of your family here makes it all the more difficult to deal with the fact you're not finished yet!!

Tormy ~ Yes I too thought it wouldn't take long, isn't it frustrating. I'm glad your doctor is checking to see if you are ovulating, sounds like a great step to take and also checking for PCOS. Although if your cycle sometimes runs for 75 days how can he be sure when you've ovulated? I only ask because we were sent for D21 progestrone tests on a previous clomid cycle and it showed I hadn't ovulated (I think it should be taken 7 days after ovulation?) but I kept getting my period on D21 as well ~ it was frustrating/confusing! Can I ask what kind of tests they are running for PCOS? I also think its fantastic and you guys have talked about what steps you would take to help conceive a sibling for your son.

Nicole83 ~ my heart was breaking reading your comment, I have 'seen' you over on the IVF Brisbane thread but wasn't sure of your exact circumstances. I take my hat off to all you ladies who conceive your darling on IVF (and I think we all know how horrible that TWW is ) and you'd (well I would) think that my body has understood the whole IVF process before, it can do it again...when *sigh* this is just not the case. I think it takes incredible strength of character to think about life without more children. Your strength is amazing. I have only been through 2 cycles but they were more then enough for me at the moment, I have all my fingers and toes crossed that the new protocol in May (if you go ahead) makes all that difference for you.

TobyMumUK ~ The desire for more children is overwelming isn't it...sometimes it is all I can think about. All I can say about your cycle is don't wait too long to get blood tests to see what is going on. I waited 4 months after stopping BFing and the GP ran a whole heap of tests which showed low hormones but told me to go away for 6 months and it should correct itself, it didn't. Don't let them be complacent just because you've already got a child..but in saying that I hope that your period just arrives on its own any day now

happykat ~ 6 years, oh my gosh...I have all my that this TWW will end in a BFP for you. It is most definietly your turn!! When do you have your test?

Kimberleygal1 ~ Fingers crossed you are third time lucky and get that DD that your so desire!!

Lillyponds ~ yep those that are blessed to be fertile have never had to think it may not happen this time...its so hard to be in that limboland of secondary infertility....When do you start your cycle?

Does anyone know anything about Vitex and taking it during a clomid cycle at all?

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI Buttercup

We are cycling in April. I'm on BCP and start synarel on the 18th March. So It's just a sit and wait ATM.

I haven't used Vitex but it helps with CM I *think*.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone

I have two gorgeous DD's, the first whom we conceived on our first cycle and the second after 5 months.

We have now been TTC our third LO for almost 9 months with no luck and one loss in between. I am still breastfeeding which may be contributing to my long cycles, which hover around the 44 day mark, but I am also and have always been conscious of the fact that I also have endometriosis, which I had a laparoscopy for around 8 years ago.

I love breastfeeding and am keen to continue feeding my 10 month old for a while longer but am also curious as to whether it is effecting my fertility. At the same time I don't want to wean DD, only to realise that it doesn't affect the outcome of our TTC journey.

I am so thankful for finding this thread, of course I feel completely blessed to have my wonderful family, but I have always longed for a large family and it gets harder and harder to stay positive with each month (or in my case 6 weeks! ) that AF arrives.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Hopingtosoonbamummy

BF'ing could def be affecting your fertility. Of course everyone is different. But you'll find that it may have a birth control affect on you which is why it's taking a while to conceive.