+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Formula & reflux

Can reflux babies be put on normal formula and just add a thickener? Asking as doctor suggested we now try our 12 week daughter on normal formula instead of the reflux formula she has been on since 2weeks. I brought a tin of Heinz formula today but she has thrown up every time she has had a bottle. I'm wondering do I just add a thickener or go and get a tin of the reflux formula.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes you can add thickener to normal formula - we do this with very good success. Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep. We had nan ha gold and then just added Karicare thickener to it. She got to about 10mths and then didnt need it anymore, yay
    U can then add as little or as much as Bub needs. That's why I like the adding thickener option. U can slowly wean them off if that is the case

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Brought some Karicare thickener this morning, she has had 3 bottles so far with great success and no throwing it up YAY!!!!! Does the thickener make her constipated cos she has been trying to do a "pop" all day with no success and a sore bottom

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Karatate View Post
    Brought some Karicare thickener this morning, she has had 3 bottles so far with great success and no throwing it up YAY!!!!! Does the thickener make her constipated cos she has been trying to do a "pop" all day with no success and a sore bottom
    We haven't had this issue and I don't know of it being common?? Maybe wait a few days and see what happens, in case it's just a coincidence with the timing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep my dd wld get bad constipation we wld just add apprx 10ml extra water to her bottle. Or give her a bottle with just water in it, not much but just so she is having extra water thru out the day
    Trying to remember what else umm some ppl say brown sugar in little bit of water also, do some research tho because I'm not 100% sure I'm correct about that one.
    Sorry not much help.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    The chemist suggested coloxyl drops but they seem to give her tummy pains so won't be giving her that again. A friend suggested a little prune juice diluted but not sure about that either. Might give the bottle of water a go as she will drink water on its own