+ Reply to Thread
    London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Easter Hat Parade

Pretty sure my DS new school does an Easter Hat Parade. I am not creative at all and definitely not crafty...so I figure I might be able to steal, I mean borrow, someone elses ideas and mash them into an Easter Hat Monster!!!

So, tell me your brilliant ideas. Or show me...a picture is worth a thousand words.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    get a cheap straw hat an glue on them cheap yellow chickens, Easter eggs etc hahaha my best idea

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep I just get a cheap hat the ones you buy at the dollar stores and the glue stuff on. Like eggs, mini chicken, glitter and all that.
    But Im not very creative.

bellalika is offline I'm trying my hardest, please don't ask for more.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Do they make them at school? I use to buy cheap crap at the cheapy shops and, combined with my craft cupboard, make hats with the kids. We would decorate giant paper hats I would spend ages folding the night before. We would do our Easter hat parade the next day. Kids could wear their hats from class or ones made at home.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    No idea if they make them at school or at home. I want to be prepared in case I get a letter a week before saying we need to make it at home haha

Bumping!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    When my SD was at prep, I picked her up the day before the Easter parade and was just lucky her teacher told me about it otherwise she wouldn't have had one!

We made an Easter crown - I printed off some Easter egg shape colour me ins (about 6cm high) then we decorated with lots of paint, glitter and beads. I stapled them to just a ring of cardboard that sat on her head and added extra ribbons. Sprayed her hair with glitter hair spray and voila - awesome Easter hat parade.

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG I was about to ask the same question. At DS's school parents have the wonderful opportunity to make the hats, so I just bought a hat and stapled eggs around the brim and stickers and chickens on top.

P4080001.jpg

I hope I get some better ideas this year, poor DS!
    Last edited by AceOfBase; 05-03-2012 at 13:32.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't wait for DD to go to kindy/ school and have Easter Bonnet Parades!!!
    My mum used to help me make one every year, she is super craft and I'd often win.
    I had a bunny mask one year, made from cardboard with cotton balls glued on.
    A basket that tied onto my head with a ribbon. The basket was filled with straw, fake yellow chicks and chocolate Easter eggs.
    A hat decorated with hollowed and painted chicken eggs.

Milky mumma since July 2011

Thanks
    Reviews
    They make them themselves at my girls school for the Kindergarten to Year 2 kids. We have to send them with a hat made out of cardboard and some decorations. But yay! First time in years that I don't have to make two for my twins as they are in year 3 this year. (They will either have to do a mask or decorate an egg/eggs) The kids have buddies from the older classes to help them decorate them.