+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think it rude

Quote Originally Posted by RainbowSky View Post
    Just thought I'd add that I think it's EXTREMELY rude to hand out invitations in front of others who aren't invited to your event. It's happened to me before and it's so awkward and embarrassing to be the one that misses out. So hopefully everyone there was getting an invite!!!
    ^^^ I agree!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My sister decided to announce that she and her DP had gotten engaged at my 21st birthday... I was not impressed..... especially when no one liked the guy at all

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Rude!
    She had 18 months to mail them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly Kisses 86 View Post
    but the wedding is at the end of 2013...

WOW is she going to send out new ones closer to the date. Most people would have forgotten by the end of 2012, let a alone the end of 2013.

Very rude

5. The Following User Says Thank You to *Cj* For This Useful Post:

Deserama  (13-04-2012)

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I agree. It is rude.

When we found out I was pregnant and the time came to tell. I was busting to tell people. But we had my uncles 50th to go to. Dad promised me not to say anything and I didn't (I wouldnt of anyway).

Then a few weeks later we told people.

About a week after that we had my cousins engagement party to go to. Everyone kept asking me about the pregnancy and I just politely voided the conversation so I didnt outshine their day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shelle65 View Post
    Yeah I think it's a bit rude if it's a big celebration. Not so much if it's just a quiet birthday dinner or something.

That said, my brother is getting married on DD's 5th birthday later this month - if people don't make a big deal out of her being the birthday girl at the wedding she will be devastated (and I will be livid)..
    My brother got married on my sons 1st birthday, and to make it worse, kids were not allowed at the wedding so I had to get my son babysat on his very 1st birthday. I was sooo sad! And angry that I had to miss out on time with my child on his birthday.

Yes I think it's rude. We recently went to an engagement party when I was 12 weeks pregnant. Not many people knew I was pregnant and I didn't want to announce it at their special event and tried to hide my bump. A few people found out, but I made the effort not to make a big thing of it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, it's rude.
    My toe rag SIL had to announce her wedding date/venue on our anniversary. Tacky.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 5thbubontheway View Post
    My brother got married on my sons 1st birthday, and to make it worse, kids were not allowed at the wedding so I had to get my son babysat on his very 1st birthday. I was sooo sad! And angry that I had to miss out on time with my child on his birthday.

Yes I think it's rude. We recently went to an engagement party when I was 12 weeks pregnant. Not many people knew I was pregnant and I didn't want to announce it at their special event and tried to hide my bump. A few people found out, but I made the effort not to make a big thing of it.
    That is really inconsiderate - especially not allowing him to stay with his mum. Especially not 1st bday!! It's such a special one!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I must be a major odd one out. I think it's an overreaction to worry about things like this. A special event is a gathering for a large group of people to get together. They are often family. It's a compltely appropriate place to discuss something as a new engagement or whatever.

I wouldn't do it because I have nothing to announce lol, but if I was holding an event and somebody else had some really special and exciting news I can honestly say I'd be nothing short of over the moon for them. I'm not big on attention, I don't see gatherings as the whole "my day" thing.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

Stiflers Mom  (13-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, that's just plain RUDE. I can understand her possible excitment about her upcoming wedding, but its for a wedding in 2013!

I was confirmed 9wks preg at my sister's wedding (after a miscarriage) and is the first baby on both sides, but managed to keep that to myself...... it was
    their day - not mine to spoil with my stuff.

ETA My Mum realised later that I had been pregnant at the wedding (and bursting to tell particularly after the miscarriage earlier in the year. She thanked me privately as she recognised why I'd been quiet, that I was respecting their special day.
    Last edited by BluePixie; 13-04-2012 at 14:16. Reason: update