+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Creative writing

Does anyone on here aspire to be a writer?
    I had nette Hilton as a teacher in year three and ever since then I have gone through phases of writing short stories and poems, I have also journalled for many years.
    It is a goal of mine to one day publish a novel and I am soncidering enrolling in a creative writing course if I can find one locally.

Anyone in a similar boat?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey Supa Star! I've been interested in creative writing for a while

I was doing a Creative Writing course for a while via correspondance, but (A) I couldn't handle the constructive criticism very well! One assignment was too abrupt, the next was too wordy. The assignment after didn't interest me, so I effectively lost my enthusiasm. And (B) I got pregnant and any time that I wasn't working, I was sleeping of throwing up! So that course went down the toilet.

I'm more interested in doing it for my own enjoyment, and this Autumn weather brings out my desire to write!

I was actually going to do a post myself to see if anyone was interested in creative writing and whether anyone was a part of a writing form or online writing competitions??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've dreamed about being a writer since I was a kid! As a teen I was very creative - I took all sorts of music lessons, took VCE english and lit classes early, asked my literature teacher for extra work. When I was 15 my mum sent one of my short stories to a talk show host/journalist here in melbourne and he offered me an internship and mentoring from him when I finished school but I then fell pregnant early in the year after I finished and it was all forgotten - I haven't played the piano in about 4 years and haven't written anything for about 3. When I try to write... nothing comes out.

I really miss the creative side of me and as scared as I am that it's totally gone, I've enrolled in a BA that will start soon and one of my first units is Creative Writing. HollyGolightly what you said about criticism has me a bit worried because I don't know how I'm going to deal with it - I'm already sensitive and unsure of myself

OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I write.

If you want to do a course Open Universities Australia has a subject called ENG210 (can't remember the acutal course title.... but that was the course code) if you look it up on their website you'll find it.

It was brilliant.. absolutely brilliant. inspiring, challenging and motivating.

check it out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm in the middle of reading a novel a friend wrote as we speak. She's written 3- 2 are on Kindle and I'm half way through the first. It's called "The Guide" by Trudie Collins and it's BRILLANT! I didn't think I'd like it (as we read totally different style of books) but I'm LOVING it!

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I love creative writing. If I had to the discipline to write a whole piece instead of constantly chopping and changing my ideas, I would love to.

My friend and I have considering writing children's picture books together (she's a wonderful artist) but I'd love to write something a little more substantial. But I lack the discipline and preparedness to organise a large piece of writing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    What a great thread! I have wanted to be a writer since I was little. I majored in English Lit at uni and have written for work newsletters and such to keep myself happy. Recently I started blogging for BH (shameless self promotion there - The BookClub... Check it out!!), as well as a correspondence course in publishing novels. I figure now that I am a SAHM, I have the perfect opportunity to try to write that book.

Does anyone else have moments where they look at what they write and think "who am I kidding?"?? It's my cryptonite!