+ Reply to Thread
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Maternity clothes tip

Really happy with some purchases of mine today so wanted to share in case anyone else is interested in some affordable and attractive additions to their winter maternity wardrobe! I'm wrapped becasue I find that being petite alot of maternity clothes just make me look like an oompa loompa but these were a bit more fitted and fashionable.

Target has 20% of ladies wear at the moment and while I was unimpressed with the maternity range I found some items in their 'Free Fusion' label that were ideal. It's near the Hot Options section and, while I'm sure a 35 year old pregnant woman is not the target demographic, there were a couple of items that fitted the bill. Got two "3/4 sleeve stripe" 'dresses' that work well as a top gathered over a pregnant belly with either jeans or leggings. One has wide navy and green stripes and the other medium cream and black stripes. Came down to $23.20 each. They are quite fitted but the fabric is very soft and stretchy (cotton/elastane) and I'm confident will see me right through to to the end of my pregnancy. Also bought a "spot skater dress with belt" to wear as a top which came down to $31.20. It is fitted with a belt under the bust but flows down from there and is also very soft and stretchy. I got black with white spots but came in two other colours/patterns.

Finally, found some regular black target brand leggings which I found more comfortable than the maternity ones anyway and came down to $12.

All up got 4 items for under $90. Would be lucky to get one item in some maternity brands!

Hope this helps someone else out :-)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cat13 For This Useful Post:

mummaofspecialneedsx  (05-03-2012)