+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default *Spin off* Cake decorating courses in Brisbane

Anyone know of any that are central or northside Brisbane?

The only ones I'm finding so far are Loganholme/ Daisy Hill/ south side. Central or north would be good.

I was sad to see that Planet Cake only do courses in Sydney!

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    HI Girl X,
    i am also in Brisbane and found the same thing.

There are two basically.
    Sugarland has some classes that are held at their aspley rooms.
    They are OK but i preferred the courses run by Cakeage which have some at the Gap ( after hours) and some during the day ( can't remember where).

Honestly, i found i got more information and one on one time when i did i the cakeage course ( and it went for 7 weeks) where as the sugar land ones, while OK have more people and felt less personal and informative and usually only go for 4 weeks. The cakeage ones also gave you plenty of opportunity to express your own style and you weren't all making exactly the same thing ( which we did for the one class i did at sugar land).

Check out their websites and go from there - all of the ladies involved were lovely.

HTH

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thank you - that's a big help. Just had a look at the websites, and I love the Hogwarts cake on the Cakeage site! I've just sent Eleanor (from Cakeage) an email, so hopefully can organise something.

I got inspired (or jealous???) by the cake thread, and decided it was time to up my game!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I adore Eleanor! she is so helpful and really works with you to teach you techniques YOU want to know ( along with the basics). I did a 7 week beginners course and it was fantastic! Im planning to go back maybe next term for an intermediate class to learn so more stuff.
    She is also really down to earth and not at all pretentious.
    on her face book page she has an album of students cakes ( mine is the steampunk ones with top hat and googles) so you can see what she is teaching.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Chubear For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (05-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay! I'm booked in for a 6 week beginner's course. Thanks for that

I can't find their Facebook page, though? I've searched on Cakeage but it doesn't come up. Is it under another name? Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chubear - I just found the site. Stupid Facebook search mechanism couldn't find 'cakeage' but could find 'cakeage cake craft'.

Just saw your cake - WOW!! That's amazing! I am very inspired (intimidated??) by all the cakes on the page. I'm excited about producing one of my own now

Thanks
    Reviews
    She's great and before you know it your stunning cake will be gracing that page too!
    When do you start?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I thought it would be May, but I've just spoken to her and got in on a course starting in April

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awesome!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can one of you post a link??? Thanks