Closed Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    The thing I want to know, is why, if we came from apes, have the apes stopped evolving into humans!! I'm no good at any of this.. Some interesting reads though

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to relle For This Useful Post:

FiveInTheBed  (04-03-2012),Pawzette  (04-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInTheBed View Post
    SAB - can I just say thankyou for coming in here (all other threads aside!)

and your take on creation is accepting evolution...and your explaination of apes and man being cousins is pretty much how it is! in basic form.

I appreciate you perspective.
    Yes but I don't believe we evolved from them. I don't remember what they're called (and dd is in trouble so she's stormed off) but I believe the prehistoric dolphins became land creatures as well as continuing to evolve in the water to later become dolphins. I can't explain it well, but basically at some stage during the process some ended up on land, some in water. We remained in the water, the ones on land later bacame apes. Then when the other water ones split we ended up on land but because we came from the same place there were similarities, but I don't think we were apes first. It probably makes very little sense. We've had a rough time this afternoon. It would also help if I knew the names of the prehistoric ocean mammals

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Creation.

But would someone please explain the beginnings of evolution . Ie where did the first amoeba come from or who created the forces that created the big bang theory. Every time I ask this no evolutionist answers me. Really genuinely curious.

You know what I think? Both approaches need total faith as there is no absolute proof for either of them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pawzette View Post
    I also will not voice my opinion on here because it is apparently fun to have a laugh at people who beleive in religious things.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub
    I can understand your wariness at entering into debate about it. To be honest I feel a little like that from the other side of the debate fence too! But I haven't seen anyone laughing at anyone in this thread, and I hope it continues that way.

I may not understand a belief, but I will try to if someone explains it, and I will still respect that something is your belief even if I do not share it.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

share a book  (04-03-2012),sunnyflower  (04-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInTheBed View Post
    Please don't antagonize.

If you don't want to voice an opinion that's fine, but going this type of round about way of voicing an opinion anyway is not productive.

There has been PP's say they believe in evolution AND they are religious.

I'm happy to report anyone that 'makes fun' of others - but I'm sure the mods will appreciate if we just discuss it like adults.
    All I,am doing is saying something some one else said in a thread. I am not sure who it is, and am not about to look up a name, but they said they like to have a good laugh at those of us that voice religious things. So in lieu of anyone asking me to explain I said that.i really don't enjoy being laughed at and the talk aground someones table for the things I believe.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Evolution for me. Although one thing I don't understand, why are so many creationists (and not all, I KNOW that it isn't ALL) against the idea that god created the world to let it evolve?
    We already know that words and context have changed since the bible was written. Who's to say that "created in seven days" didn't mean "created the beginning, and allowed it to evolve over several million years?"

I guess that's why I'm able to be religious AND believe completely in evolution. I take evolution as something that was seeded and begun, knowing full well that human beings would be an end result.
    That's just me though

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eko For This Useful Post:

jacobsmamma  (29-03-2012),trishalishous  (05-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by relle View Post
    The thing I want to know, is why, if we came from apes, have the apes stopped evolving into humans!! I'm no good at any of this.. Some interesting reads though
    Apes haven't stopped evolving.

The best way I can attempt at explaining it is..

we shared a common ancestor.

much like you and your cousins have a common family, but you are not exactly the same.

We didn't 'come from' chimpanzees' ..but the chimpanzees we know today branched off in one direction and adapted to their environment and homo sapiens branched off in another direction and adpated to their environment.
    Our great ancestors dies out, became extinct.

Both Chimpanzees and Bonobos (our closest cousins) use tools - just like we do. Our Bodies are VERY much alike...because we are from the same family.

I can find similarities in other parts of nature if you like - or we can just stick with primates??

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FiveInTheBed For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (04-03-2012),nicoletta  (04-03-2012),smallpotatoes  (04-03-2012)

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Wow, some incredibly rude posts already. How disappointing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm catholic... Grew up catholic... And believe in evolution.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Both. God created the universe and the rest is history.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Janesmum123 For This Useful Post:

jacobsmamma  (29-03-2012)