Closed Thread
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGuts View Post
    Nope nothing sarcastic, I really do believe that is the most ridiculous thing I've ever read
    I was referring to my sarcasm.
    I'm an atheist and am trying to believe and prove to the theists on this site that we can co-exist and be kind and respectful.
    You is being mean and unhelpful.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

delirium  (05-03-2012),Deserama  (05-03-2012),jacobsmamma  (29-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The thread is not a bait thread. Its a debate thread. ...a debate is where two sides present arguments for what they believe to ne true. The op states that. Clearly.

Sent from my LT15i using BubHub

4. The Following User Says Thank You to FiveInTheBed For This Useful Post:

share a book  (05-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lily if the Nile- what you say is Interesting. There is no way they would have been able to accurately explain evolution in the time of genesis. I can see how the 'story of creation' may be a rudimentary explanation of evolution.
    I had never considered the explanation of the 'two Adams'.

Maybe God created evolution.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to speckled For This Useful Post:

Deserama  (05-03-2012),MegaGuts  (05-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInTheBed View Post
    The thread is not a bait thread. Its a debate thread. ...a debate is where two sides present arguments for what they believe to ne true. The op states that. Clearly.

Yes, a true debate has no mocking, no strawmen, no yuck. There is yuck happening and I'm asking that MegaGuts please edit her posts.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

delirium  (05-03-2012),Deserama  (05-03-2012),jacobsmamma  (29-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    I can attempt to answer any questions that you have (from a former catholic pov)- but maybe it's for a different thread?
    Would fit really well into 'translations of the bible' I think- Will post something there when work slows down a bit tonight, maybe see you there!

My little munchkin due May 2012! So to keep me busy till then, I'm learning how to use my iPhone.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to TheMadHatter For This Useful Post:

misskittyfantastico  (05-03-2012)

Guest Guest
    Lily!
    you said you believed in evolution and used genisis to support it.
    I was asking what came before ( in your opinion) ... Adam.
    Because I understood you were trying to say with the introduction of cultivation is what led to Adam (man).

If that is what jess stories are teaching... Then I can tell my son that when he asks.
    I didnt know that is what they were trying to tell... Thats why im asking you... Because you are taking the metaphorical view... Which im actually cool with. Its the literal view that opposes my understanding.

If you dont want yo explain I understand.

Jess stories? Whos trying to tell what? I don't even know what you're talking about anymore.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGuts View Post
    Ummmm the dinosaurs and humans co-existed and then the flood wiped them out cos Noah wouldn't let them on the ark????
    Lmfao!!!!! That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard!!
    Thanks for the laugh though
    Yes they existed at the same time. Noah did not control who went on the ark , God compelled certain animals to enter the ark.

Glad I provided you with a laugh.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sunnyflower For This Useful Post:

jacobsmamma  (29-03-2012),Pawzette  (05-03-2012)

Guest Guest

And I stated mine a few times. What have you been doing?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest For This Useful Post:

Deserama  (05-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    With all due respect - how? There is a 64 million year gap between fossil records of dinosaurs and humans.

It also doesn't explain the extinction of aquatic dinosaurs...

It also doesn't make sense from a geological perspective
    I don't believe the earth is millions of years old, I believe it is about 6000 years old. I don't know anything about aquatic dinosaurs sorry....

Pleas explain more about the geolical perspective?

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sunnyflower For This Useful Post:

Pawzette  (05-03-2012),RainbowSky  (05-03-2012),Witwicky  (05-03-2012)

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily of the Nile View Post
    Just a warning to people who believe in creationism.
    You WILL get mocked, no one is trying to understand your pov and if they don't do it here, they'll do it on facebook groups.
    Don't bother. The whole thread was started to bait you!!
    With all due respect, I am sincerely interested in this topic and I am attempting to have a meaningful and polite *discussion*. For some reason which escapes me, you have consistently made these sort of statements in all of the discussion threads.

Honestly, if you don't want to discuss it or if any questioning bothers you, then why participate? And what are these facebook groups you speak of? I take offence to your broad and sweeping statement regarding who is interested & why.

Can we PLEASE just keep this nice and have an interesting debate/discussion?

You seem to enter these threads with an attitude which isn't conducive to a discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyflower View Post
    Yes they existed at the same time. Noah did not control who went on the ark , God compelled certain animals to enter the ark.

Glad I provided you with a laugh.
    I am genuinely interested in hearing your POV and I would appreciate any elaboration (especially on the questions I posed)

ETA: Just saw your reply, I will reply now.
    Last edited by Witwicky; 05-03-2012 at 00:20.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (05-03-2012)