Closed Thread
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have not read the entire thread.

I am catholic, and was educated in a catholic school. I was taught that the old testament was 'fables', some possibly true, to explain how things happened (as they had no understanding if evolution) right and wrong and consequences. I was taught evolution, and The Vatican supports this theory. God may have created the universe, and put evolution in action.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to speckled For This Useful Post:

share a book  (05-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by speckled View Post
    I have not read the entire thread.

I am catholic, and was educated in a catholic school. I was taught that the old testament was 'fables', some possibly true, to explain how things happened (as they had no understanding if evolution) right and wrong and consequences. I was taught evolution, and The Vatican supports this theory. God may have created the universe, and put evolution in action.
    Interesting! Do all catholic churches support evolution these days then? I'm just curious

My little munchkin due May 2012! So to keep me busy till then, I'm learning how to use my iPhone.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyflower View Post
    I believe in creation. I believe some creatures have adapted yes over time , that's the way they were created to be,i also believe in fossils and dinosaurs. I believe these animals roamed the earth up to the flood but none of these animals went into the ark. They were all destroyed in the flood which accounts for their appearance as fossils today.
    So just to clarify, do you believe dinosaurs and humans coexisted and the flood wiped the dinosaurs out?

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

delirium  (05-03-2012),MegaGuts  (04-03-2012)

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInTheBed View Post
    You said you believed in evolution, that before Adam ( man) there was his ancestors..?. All im trying to do is clarify your post. Because I gathered from previous threads you were up for discussing it.

If you are saying you dont know,100% thats fine. Im not 100% on anything either.

But yes its late.

Sent from my LT15i using BubHub
    This is my last post cause I'm un subscribing.
    If you're going to quote me, use my actual posts because you're saying things I've said that I haven't actually said.
    You're then asking questions I believe I've answered and I'm sure I've been clear. I won't keep repeating myself or re-writing things 10 different ways to help you understand.
    I don't believe you want to understand.
    I'll remind you of Noah's Ark. I gave an analogy in the structure, you forced me to re write my post a few different ways to make you "understand"
    A few pages later you mocked it entirely and called my whole analogy 'the pyramid thing'
    It was a very simple analogy we learnt while I studied architecture, everyone else seemed to grasp it and it wasn't anything that was hard to understand. Yet you completely dismissed it and mocked it for good measure.
    This is why I believe you truly don't want to understand and my idea of a discussion is very different to yours.

Lastly, I'm open to all ideas in creation and evolution. I only have ideas and lots of questions and no definitive answer, "except for Gods involvement."
    Did we evolve from apes? I don't know.
    It was the first 2 sentences in the last paragraph of my post. In plain English. I pointed it out over and over and couldnt be any clearer.
    Last edited by Lily of the Nile; 04-03-2012 at 23:30.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Guest For This Useful Post:

Deserama  (05-03-2012),jacobsmamma  (29-03-2012),misskittyfantastico  (04-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    So just to clarify, do you believe dinosaurs and humans coexisted and the flood wiped the dinosaurs out?
    Yes.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnyflower For This Useful Post:

Pawzette  (04-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by maria02 View Post
    Interesting! Do all catholic churches support evolution these days then? I'm just curious

My little munchkin due May 2012! So to keep me busy till then, I'm learning how to use my iPhone.
    Yup. They did back when I was a child - many moons ago.
    I was taught at a catholic school and by practicing catholic parents that the old testament was stories, important stories, but stories all the same. Evolution was just a given.
    Last edited by misskittyfantastico; 04-03-2012 at 23:33.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    100% yes,

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    ...i did say earlier that I have a tendancy to ask why?

Lily, your posts dont 'explain' evolution. They say god did it.

Which is fine. Your belief...

...by the way the pyramid analogy I think is ridiculous. Im not mocking you. Im laughing at the actual analogy that doesnt explain anything.
    Yep. Hands up- I admit to calling that ridiculous.

Sent from my LT15i using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    How did the dinosaurs co-exist with humans?

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

delirium  (05-03-2012),Luna Lovegood  (05-03-2012),MegaGuts  (04-03-2012),SassyMummy  (05-03-2012),trishalishous  (05-03-2012),Witwicky  (04-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    How did the dinosaurs co-exist with humans?
    Well there were obviously casualties, they were all pretty large and they were carnivores, well most were. Those poor people,imagine stumbling upon a tyrannosaurus Rex on your morning walk!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnyflower For This Useful Post:

TheMadHatter  (05-03-2012)