Closed Thread
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInTheBed View Post
    no you didn't.

You said something about god creating something that would evolve to be Adam [as a metaphor for man] someone that would cultivate (use tools) etc.

I think?

I'm not sure - that is why I am asking.

The school may not be teaching YOUR idea - but they are attempting to teach Creation.
    The basis of Christianity.
    I said "something" about God creating "something" ??? I thought I've said more than that in my posts and they've been easy to read? Not sure how else I can write it? If your not understanding and only reading "something" I'll again tell you to just move on.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Guest For This Useful Post:

Deserama  (05-03-2012),MegaGuts  (04-03-2012),WTK  (05-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    no you didn't.

You said something about god creating something that would evolve to be Adam [as a metaphor for man] someone that would cultivate (use tools) etc.

I think?

I'm not sure - that is why I am asking.

The school may not be teaching YOUR idea - but they are attempting to teach Creation.
    The basis of Christianity.
    Are they teaching only creation theory, and is it in the literal sense or metaphorical sense? I ask because while my daughter has been told God created everything, they have not gone into the theory or creation, yet they learnt about dinosaurs in Prep, year 1 and year 2, and in year 2 they had to write a story with their theories, based on the facts they have learnt, on what they believed happened to the dinosaurs. That's in a Catholic school.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    You said you believed in evolution, that before Adam ( man) there was his ancestors..?. All im trying to do is clarify your post. Because I gathered from previous threads you were up for discussing it.

If you are saying you dont know,100% thats fine. Im not 100% on anything either.

But yes its late.

Sent from my LT15i using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    For those who believe in creation 100% - what do you make of evolution? What do you make of fossils etc? Can you share your opinion on these things?

Is it just something you completely reject, and if so, why?

Obviously only answer if you feel comfortable having this discussion...
    I believe in creation. I believe some creatures have adapted yes over time , that's the way they were created to be,i also believe in fossils and dinosaurs. I believe these animals roamed the earth up to the flood but none of these animals went into the ark. They were all destroyed in the flood which accounts for their appearance as fossils today.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnyflower For This Useful Post:

Pawzette  (04-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sab...
    Im going to ask if I can see the txt book.
    From what came out of my 6 year olds mouth... Id say 'literal'

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subscribing before my phone dies. Fantastic read ladies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sab...
    Im going to ask if I can see the txt book.
    From what came out of my 6 year olds mouth... Id say 'literal'

Yes, look at it. Maybe it's a 6 year old's interpretation and maybe it has come from talks with other kids too. My dd is 8, turning 9, in a Catholic school so it seems odd they are teaching 6 years olds in a public school more than 8/9 year olds in a Catholic school when it comes to this.

Without telling my dd any of my own beliefs, she has come to the same basic theory, that God created the universe in exactly the right way to allow life to sprout. It was also dd, at 5, who pointed out to me that a cassowary foot print is the same as that of a velociraptor, so she thinks the smaller dinosaurs evolved into bird life, while the bigger ones were wiped out by an unknown force. She thinks it wasn't an asteroid.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    I though it was 6 days and on the 7th he rested?
    Yeah that's right- 6days and rested on 7th- my mistake (working what feels like my millionth night shift!)

My little munchkin due May 2012! So to keep me busy till then, I'm learning how to use my iPhone.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to TheMadHatter For This Useful Post:

misskittyfantastico  (04-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Its just in re ...not the actual school. He wasnt supposed to be in the class to start with.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dinosaurs also existed in creationism too what exactly doesn't it explain about them?

My little munchkin due May 2012! So to keep me busy till then, I'm learning how to use my iPhone.