Closed Thread
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInTheBed View Post
    which was what?
    I think I answered that in my last post, the last paragraph.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by halloweendee View Post
    evolution. without a doubt.
    i'm a scientist at heart and believe in hard evidence. as a paleontology major at university i have seen a lot.....

simply evolution is like a family tree. stromatolites were the first 'living' structure with algal cells. over various parts of the world in different environmental conditions, life formed and over millions of years evolved and branched out into different forms of living creatures.

all living creatures need water, temperature and some kind of food to survive which is what links us.

i can't fathom how people simply dismiss the evidence of the fossil record and believe in a book written by an unknown person instead. but that is just me and my opinion.

i have nothing against religion, i think it helps a lot of people. i guess my religion is just science.
    Yes but WHERE did the stromalites come from?

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sunnyflower For This Useful Post:

Deserama  (05-03-2012),share a book  (04-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily of the Nile View Post
    I think I answered that in my last post, the last paragraph.
    Apes?

Guest Guest
    Apes?
    Is that what I said?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sunny flower (and anyone else)

this is a little 10minute vid - David Attenborough presenting it (who doesn't LOVE hearing this man speak!?)

As a visual it really quickly summarises what evolutionists understand.

[and no it doesn't answer 'who put the Earth here' ...it is an argument against things are they are today being 'put' where they are today though.]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6vW87Ex4dY

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by relle View Post
    The thing I want to know, is why, if we came from apes, have the apes stopped evolving into humans!! I'm no good at any of this.. Some interesting reads though
    Others have touched on this but I thought I would expand. As already said, we were never apes. At a point a certain species of monkey with high intelligence and possibly in isolation and with certain environmental factors, evolved in homo eretus http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homo_erectus who then it is believed, to have evolved into homo sapiens as we are now.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyflower View Post
    Yes but WHERE did the stromalites come from?
    I saw an excellent doco on this one. Water was brought to the earth over millions of years by comets hitting the earth. The water spawned stromatolites. Stromatolites (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abiogenesis) created oxygen, oxygen then mixed with water to create bacteria. bacteria over a billion years become more than single celled and so life began.
    Last edited by delirium; 04-03-2012 at 22:05.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

FiveInTheBed  (04-03-2012),halloweendee  (05-03-2012),MilkingMaid  (05-03-2012),Witwicky  (04-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily of the Nile View Post
    Is that what I said?
    LOL - I don't know??

I looked at your last paragraph and got lost, your last paragraph mentions apes.

I would like to know what you are suggesting existed on teh '6th day' that stopped being what it was being and became man?

Guest Guest
    LOL - I don't know??

I looked at your last paragraph and got lost, your last paragraph mentions apes.

I would like to know what you are suggesting existed on teh '6th day' that stopped being what it was being and became man?
    I just mentioned apes? Do you want to quote my last paragraph? I'm pretty sure I wrote it in English and it was pretty clear.
    If you still don't understand, maybe just move on, it's late and I don't want to take your bait

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    and to answer the question clearly I believe in evolution. Totally undeniable to me, hard evidence is there is a hundred different forms.

Creationism doesn't explain dinosaurs nor the role of our ancestors i/e homo eretus. It makes zero sense to me, I look at it logically and cannot comprehend the creationism theory.

Having said that, while I don't understand it, I respect people's right to believe whatever they wish....

Guest Guest
    It's a shame because you won't get a diverse range of opinions when your intentions are clear. I hope people get to see it and it doesn't get deleted.....