+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subscribing

My little munchkin due May 2012! So to keep me busy till then, I'm learning how to use my iPhone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Weight watchers on the breastfeeding plan. And try not to gain too much weight now, only what you need to . I am doing the weight watchers breastfeeding plan at the moment (I am 28 weeks pregnant). I haven't gained any weight yet this pregnancy (as I am overweight already), but I haven't followed the plan strictly and a few weeks allow myself to go over if I feel like I am genuinely hungry or it is a big growth week for the baby. This seems to be working well to maintain. I will do the plan strictly when I am breastfeeding, as I did that after DD2 and lost 500g-1.5kg a week.

ETA, I can't do exercise while pregnant due to health reasons, but if you keep up your muscle ratio losing weight will be a lot easier. Can you join up for pregnancy exercise classes? They usually have a follow up for post-natal exercises to do that are safe.

And for the wedding... wear suck-em-in pants lol
    Last edited by TinyLittleTootsies; 03-03-2012 at 17:18.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have heard great things about weight watchers doing a breastfeeding friendly "diet"....

I am considering looking into this in the coming weeks.. I'll try to remember to update if I go ahead.. My bubba will be here on Tuesday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by pynk View Post
    Thanks I let my weight get out of hand before the pregnancy and got to 86 kg. I have only put on 4 kg so far which I'm happy with. I can't exercise atm due to spd. It takes me 10 mins just to get down the stairs lol
    oh bummer. Yes, I think I remember you writing that in another thread. I have spd and prolapse. The only "exercise" I can do is physio. And it is very, very mild, like bum clenching moves and pelvic floors! haha. Physio said to do nothing at all.

4kg is great. I let myself go just before getting pregnant this time too which is why I didn't want to gain any extra, as I already weighed the same as I did at the end of my 1st two pregnancies.

I am following the WW more as a guide, things like - i went to eat carbonara the other night and it was going to be something like 50 pro points! (dinner should be around 11?) So I skipped the carbonara and made myself something else. In that sort of way it works for me, as otherwise I just eat whatever as long as it isn't junk, thinking that will be enough effort lol, but sometimes I am shocked by how many points something is and it's enough to not want to eat/drink it.

Do you have a rough guide of how much you usually weigh a week after giving birth from your last pregnancies, and then what you want to weigh by week 6?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I lost 11 kilos in 11 days after having DD. I put on 23 kilos that pregnancy and was already about 5 kilos above my happy weight.

Those first few weeks I ate everything in sight and the weight just fell off. I got down to my pre-preg weight relatively easily, but had to actually put in effort to shift the other kilos. I changed my lifestyle and just ate the same foods but smaller portions. I also cut out the Allen's lollies which I constantly used to snack on.

If you like 'good' foods try and eat then at most meals. If you remember to treat yourself on occasion it shouldn't feel like you're denying yourself to much.

Good luck, hope you feel great as MOH

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to giveitago For This Useful Post:

BabyG4  (03-03-2012),pynk  (03-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I was pregnant I told DH I'd pig out as much as Possible during pregnancy and once bub has arrived going onto a strict healthy eating diet. Bub is only 8days old I walked out 10kg lighter and have since lost another 4kg.. I have just stuck to the fruit,vege,meat,salad and lots of water diet..(I also take blessed thistle tablets to keep my milk supply up)
    Can't wait to recover from my c/s so I can get back in the gym..