+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Going to the Monash fertility for IVF- Plz help!

Hi to all, we v been TTC for alomost 3 years now.failed 5 cycles of Clomid.all positive test results.Gyno thinks its "unexplained" fertility issue.so i was reffered to Dr. Beverley Vollenhoven @ Monash.going to see her next month.has anyone been there? plz tell me how much it cost for each visit?did private insurance help u? love to hear from you guys who fall in to "unexplained" category.
    loads of to all!!!
    -

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm sorry I can't help, but I'd like to subscribe since I've got an appt there on 1st May as well.

FX that she can help!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default fingers cross

hi there,hope all goes well for u too.BTW,Do u have private insurance?any idea how much out of pocket expenses going to b like? i m worried abt that too
    ta
    Ru

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there,

Can't help you with exact cost but I go to Monash gold coast and from the research I've done they are a much of a muchness $$$ wise,

I'm doing an antagonist cycle + ha-icsi and that is costing us $8800 that's just the cycle, then depending if you have phi.. admission for EPU is diff for each fund.. Like mine is $30 for day surgery but If no phi then I think it's around $1000, then anaesthetic is around $450.. Which I get half back from my fund..

I think last year we got about $5100 back from Medicare.

You should be able to ring Monash and get them to email you a price list.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jessesgirl For This Useful Post:

angelini  (06-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

I'm switching to Monash IVF from Melbourne IVF. So i think you guys have done the right thing by going to Monash first!! An IVF/ICSI cycle will cost you about $3300 after medicare rebates and if you have private health insurance. this does not include all the initial test they do before you start a cycle like blood tests (BTs), ultrasounds, SA (semen analysis).

I had a friend with unexplained infertility and they went thru 6 cycles at Monash before conceiving their gorgeous boy. they tried icsi and normal ivf, and their bub was thru normal ivf.

Good luck with your journeys

7. The Following User Says Thank You to akakura For This Useful Post:

angelini  (06-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went through Monash IVF in Sunshine and I am so happy with them! I am so glad I chose them over any others!