+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 43 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    We're going to now fixate on the fact it's in a section you think it shouldn't be in?
    No I think people are saying they are confused that some don't want non christians in the religious section then start a thread directed at them in the religious section.

Quote Originally Posted by Eko View Post
    This thread, boiled down.

Speak respectfully to each other.

How hard is it people, seriously? Can we now move onto something more interesting? Like, how 'bout that local sports team? I hear someone strained his something and is due for surgery but it might end his career...

Totally agree....

Quote Originally Posted by Annabella View Post
    I agree, but in the case of your thread in the general chat section, specifically asking religious people for their opinion on something, do you think the way it turned out was appropriate? Do you think that was a respectful discussion about God and faith and all those things? It was such a great discussion, with people explaining why they didn't think there could be a God based on x,y,z, others saying 'if there is a God I don't like him because he allows bad things to happen' etc. No-one got upset or offended at those questions/statements. Then people started outrightly criticising anyone's belief in God , personally criticising those people. What disclaimer could you have put that still allowed discussion, but stopped bigotry such as that?
    I will admit I was disappointed to log on to see the thread closed and how it panned out. It was absolutely not my intention to have it go as it did when I created it. I'm at a low point in my life and other people I know, good people, are going thru lots of stuff to. It was an attempt to understand, maybe for ME to clarify for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Awesome View Post
    You have asked for the opinions of Non-religious people in this thread, and yet many different religious posters have joined in the conversation. I don't mean to be rude, but isn't that just contradicting the entire point of your thread?
    umm yeah I kinda noticed this too. This thread was meant for non believers to respond. So I think blame falls on both sides here....

2. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

naebie  (03-03-2012)

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    You don't get the point that people need to be respectful in specific areas
    It's the contradiction I don't get.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Awesome View Post
    You have asked for the opinions of Non-religious people in this thread, and yet many different religious posters have joined in the conversation. I don't mean to be rude, but isn't that just contradicting the entire point of your thread?
    The whole thread is full of contradictions. Kind of fitting actually.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm starting to agree with others who refuse to post their beliefs that we can't expect a respectful conversation. People are arguing that a thread asking people to be polite and respectful is pointless. Then I guess it sadly must be pointless. I will remember that and refrain from posting/disclosing personal beliefs as they are then open to ridicule.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

Deserama  (05-03-2012)

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInTheBed View Post
    Are you saying christians can't become Athiests??

You've just ignored a couple of posters in this thread then.

..because it HAPPENS.
    Oh.... seriously. You know the point I'm making. If nitpicking makes you feel more right then go right ahead

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest For This Useful Post:

Deserama  (05-03-2012)

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    Aren't you clever for pointing that out.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Guest For This Useful Post:

Deserama  (05-03-2012),Witwicky  (03-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    *sighs* c'mon girls.... this thread is going to get closed soon. Can't we just have a decent discussion here? I think there could be some importance to this thread, to have religious people understand why atheists respond to religious threads.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Deserama  (05-03-2012),share a book  (03-03-2012),Witwicky  (03-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    What contradictions?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

Annabella  (03-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Delirium I hope things improve soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm starting to agree with others who refuse to post their beliefs that we can't expect a respectful conversation. People are arguing that a thread asking people to be polite and respectful is pointless. Then I guess it sadly must be pointless. I will remember that and refrain from posting/disclosing personal beliefs as they are then open to ridicule.
    Why do you enter threads about religions if not to understand it better?

Is it an attempt to discredit people?

Is it to prove them wrong?

Is it to make out like you know more than religious people?

Or is it something else?

I dont see you asking people to be respectful in the OP.

The OP is loaded and passively aggresive TBH - from where I sit

17. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to FiveInTheBed For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (03-03-2012),butterfly2013  (05-03-2012),Eko  (03-03-2012),Made in England  (03-03-2012),naebie  (03-03-2012),starflame  (03-03-2012),Stiflers Mom  (03-03-2012),Witwicky  (03-03-2012)