+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 43 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInTheBed View Post
    why open this thread in the Religious section - invite 'non religious people' in and then tell them the are not wanted in here!?
    Yeah I do have to agree....

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    Once again, I am talking about many threads opened in this section over the time bh has been around, and terms like that have been used a lot. Not just in one thread.
    I was referring to the references to the other thread.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Annabella View Post
    Whatever, if it makes you feel better...
    It doesn't make me feel anything lol. This thread is kinda pointless. Especially because it's IN the religious section

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

Lemonhead  (03-03-2012),starflame  (03-03-2012),Stiflers Mom  (03-03-2012),tatia&shura  (03-03-2012)

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    Once again, those comments were made in a thread which was in the chat section.
    So because its in the chat section then its ok to mock people?

The problem with going into religious sections and trying to debate is, religion isn't a debatable topic to people who are religious???
    We discuss, exchange ideas, learn and grow. There are peopel that know alot and its good to talk to those people and get their understanding of something.
    To debate whether God exists
    What's the point? Do you think someone who believes in God is going to agree with you and say "oh yeah, you're right, God doesn't exist, the bible is total bull****, thanks so much for enlightening me and great debate btw" you know? When it comes to religion you need to pick your audience.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest For This Useful Post:

Deserama  (05-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Not every thread is a debate thread. The people who feel they can't post are the ones who are really not able to debate it, so as a result they feel silenced.
    Sure I get where you're coming from. The issue is that on a topic like this you have to expect sometimes it will end in debate. Some members hate the 'please don't post unless it's supportive' type requests saying it's controlling, but I would much rather a religious person say this isn't a debate, but a conversation amongst likeminded women then I would keep out, out of respect.

Yes the disclaimer may be annoying, but it saves you (a general you) from feeling the way you do and others from wasting their time when their opinions clearly aren't wanted. No it's not your fault that in the past no disclaimer has been made and thread have ended closed, everyone should act like a grown up. But maybe it's a something to think about......

8. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

FiveInTheBed  (03-03-2012)

Made in England is offline thought it was about time I put something other than 'senior member'...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Forum: Religion / Spirituality

All welcome!

^^ this is on the first page of the religion forum. To me, that means ALL (athiests, christian, jew, and so on) can post on this section of the forum.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Made in England For This Useful Post:

FiveInTheBed  (03-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We're going to now fixate on the fact it's in a section you think it shouldn't be in?

The point was to question why people enter the discussion, and ask that if it's to ask questions that it's done in a respectful way. Much like any other section. Anyone can join in, but show respect to the people for whom that section was.made.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

Deserama  (05-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily of the Nile View Post
    So because its in the chat section then its ok to mock people?

The problem with going into religious sections and trying to debate is, religion isn't a debatable topic to people who are religious???
    We discuss, exchange ideas, learn and grow. There are peopel that know alot and its good to talk to those people and get their understanding of something.
    To debate whether God exists
    What's the point? Do you think someone who believes in God is going to agree with you and say "oh yeah, you're right, God doesn't exist, the bible is total bull****, thanks so much for enlightening me and great debate btw" you know? When it comes to religion you need to pick your audience.
    In regards to your first comment, this thread is not about respecting and disrespecting religion. If you want to discuss that, start a new thread. It's about why non-religious people enter the religious section. The answer from some has been to discuss. Now you know the answer, why are you challenging it? That's disrespectful.

In regards to the 'point'? The point is curiosity, for me, although I'm sure others have different points as to why.

I'm not naive enough to believe that I can change people's minds about religion. I won't say why, in case you think it's rude.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

Stiflers Mom  (03-03-2012)

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    This thread, boiled down.

Speak respectfully to each other.

How hard is it people, seriously? Can we now move onto something more interesting? Like, how 'bout that local sports team? I hear someone strained his something and is due for surgery but it might end his career...

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Eko For This Useful Post:

Annabella  (03-03-2012),delirium  (03-03-2012),Deserama  (05-03-2012),MissPoss  (03-03-2012),OurLittleBlessing  (03-03-2012),share a book  (03-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Where did I say that?
    It wasn't you that i was referencing.