+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by halloweendee View Post
    i'm going to the nice peaceful buddhist thread.....lol
    Look, I really am confused about this. I didn't disagree with you, the thread is still in the general section if you want to look. Sorry, really, if the answer upset you. Everyone can have their own belief, but you asked a question, I gave an answer but said it was that way to me, and others felt similar, others felt it happened in a literal sense as written in Genesis, others don't agree with creation at al. No right or wrong, just different beliefs. I really don't know what else to say.

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInTheBed View Post
    No...I am saying that there are different cultures out there that have a different definition of 'marriage'

And I encourage you as an 'accepting christian' to look outside the box.

(looking outside the box means - look outside the 'norm')
    So I can leave without you putting words in my mouth and twisting things.
    You said only Australia sees marriage this way because it is a Christian nation. I said no, it's not just Christian nations it's all over the world.
    Now I don't mean ALL countries, religions, societies, cultures, people, sticks, rocks, shoes etc etc.
    You said only Christians view marriage as between a man and a woman, I said no not only Christians not only in Australia.
    Not everything has a religious agenda, people can be atheist and believe marriage is between a man and a woman.
    And this post is not for you, it's for other people to make sure know what I mean and not what you say I mean.
    AND incase you further twist my posts.

I am not against gay marriage, I support it.

And please don't call me an 'accepting Christian' its very antagonistic.

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInTheBed View Post
    I just wondered if you were aware that by ticking that box - you become a statistic which influences our laws.
    Yes I became aware at the last census when people started debating the question being included or not. Until then, no I wasn't aware. I still choose to tick it.

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Lily - if you want you can go back over the thread and read our posts together and see the point I am trying to make.

..or don't.

Nothing I have said in this thread has been said with hostility.

[will take this thread as a fine example of why a 'non religious person' should never enter this section ]

* bye *

5. The Following User Says Thank You to FiveInTheBed For This Useful Post:

Witwicky  (06-03-2012)