+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3240414243 LastLast
    Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInTheBed View Post
    You are wrong.

please look outside your box.

I'm sorry - but this just shows you have no respect for other religions or other cultures.
    Wtf? Are you seriously telling me only Australia sees marriage between a man and a woman because it has more Christians?
    And I live inside a box?
    This arguing with you is ridiculous, you have serious hate issues with Christianity and its no longer worth talking to you.
    So I won't get the thread closed I'll stop posting, please don't quote me or single my posts out in the future. I won't respond, I'm pretty sure everyone else is sick of this exchange.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest For This Useful Post:

OS&N  (06-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Annabella View Post
    I think so, not a dictionary definition but that its separate from religion?

I don't doubt that, been there, seen that.

As is my faith which is why I feel hurt and upset at being ridiculed.
    You are right Annabella. Your faith and your right to have that faith is just as precious as anyone elses right to have no religion.

I hope I have not offended you or anyone else as I say from my heart that I do totally understand just how precious a personal faith is.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ishtyban For This Useful Post:

Annabella  (05-03-2012),delirium  (05-03-2012),trishalishous  (06-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think so, not a dictionary definition but that its separate from religion?

I don't doubt that, been there, seen that.

As is my faith which is why I feel hurt and upset at being ridiculed.
    Thanks.

So again I ask.

We are not a Religious Family.
    I do not believe in Indoctrination.

Where is our option in a state secular (secular meaning free/seperate from religion) school?

I am not, have not and will not ever ridicule someones 'faith'.
    I'm pretty sure we agreed 'faith' and 'religion' are different things.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily of the Nile View Post
    Wtf? Are you seriously telling me only Australia sees marriage between a man and a woman because it has more Christians?
    And I live inside a box?
    This arguing with you is ridiculous, you have serious hate issues with Christianity and its no longer worth talking to you.
    So I won't get the thread closed I'll stop posting, please don't quote me or single my posts out in the future. I won't respond, I'm pretty sure everyone else is sick of this exchange.

No...I am saying that there are different cultures out there that have a different definition of 'marriage'

And I encourage you as an 'accepting christian' to look outside the box.

(looking outside the box means - look outside the 'norm')

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    The one evolution vs creation? I just read through it. The one about bad things happening to good people was deleted, I didn't come into that one other than to say about the nastiness which was to everyone, nobody was quoted.
    Quote Originally Posted by halloweendee View Post
    thanks, and yes it was the thread i was talking about.
    where we were asked to post OUR opinions,
    not constantly quote other people's and disagree with them.

as you can see i have not quoted any of share a books (or others) remarks as i believe everyone is entitled to their own opinion. that is what i believe a forum to be.....post your opinion and read others thoughts.
    This keeps coming up. You asked how people who believe in creation can dismiss fossil records. I answered by saying I believe in creation and evolution, and that (for me) the 2 are not mutually exclusive. That isn't disagreeing, it was answering a question. I'm sorry if it upset you. That was not the intention.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can see both sides.

No one wants anyone to be forced into religion.
    Everyone wants the right to believe what they do.
    No one wants to be ridiculed.
    No one wants to be controlled by anothers, different belief.
    No one wants their children indoctrinated in to anything!

We all want the same thing.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ishtyban For This Useful Post:

Annabella  (05-03-2012),SassyMummy  (05-03-2012),smallpotatoes  (06-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInTheBed View Post
    Thanks.

So again I ask.

We are not a Religious Family.
    I do not believe in Indoctrination.

Where is our option in a state secular (secular meaning free/seperate from religion) school?

I am not, have not and will not ever ridicule someones 'faith'.
    I'm pretty sure we agreed 'faith' and 'religion' are different things.
    I cannot change your kids school! Lobby your local member or something, I dunno, I don't care! I will not deny my faith- which is what I see deliberately not ticking that box! So your school is not secular, I can see how that would be an issue for you. And FTR, I see teaching your children that God does NOT exist as just as much indoctrination as others teaching their kids there IS a God. Its all the same- us projecting our own ideas onto our children.

I guess at this point in time, til something changes, which will be soon I believe, your option is to a) let them go if thats what they want, and let them decide fore themselves, or b) let them colour in for half an hour a week if thats what they want.

I am not trying to belittle your dilemma, but I am not going to pretend I am not Christian to suit your agenda.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Just in regards to religious education in schools - a lot of parents disagree with this in secular state schools, and disagree with sending their children to these classes not because they are opposed to each individual making that decision for themselves, but because sending your child to RE is not letting them make the choice for themselves, it's having them be exposed to only whatever religion they talk about in that class, and being taught in a preachy way, not a "this is what some people believe," way.

Also, I don't believe my 6-year-old daughter is capable of making any sort of choice like that for herself. When I was small, I knew the "fun" bible stories about the Ark, Adam and Eve and Jesus's birth. The cool ones. I heard that if you were good you went to heaven, if you were bad, to hell. That's not all religion is though, so to expect a child to make such a big decision based on so little information (and even if I read through the bible to her, she would not understand wtf was going on... jeez, interpreting that thing can be hard for adults to do!)... in some people's opinion, is absurd.

My daughter will not be deciding this for herself as a child. When she is old enough to explore religions as an adult, she can do it then, and THEN make her choice, if she so wishes.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

FiveInTheBed  (05-03-2012),Guest654  (05-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    i'm going to the nice peaceful buddhist thread.....lol

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to halloweendee For This Useful Post:

Annabella  (05-03-2012),FiveInTheBed  (05-03-2012),MegaGuts  (06-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I cannot change your kids school! Lobby your local member or something, I dunno, I don't care! I will not deny my faith- which is what I see deliberately not ticking that box! So your school is not secular, I can see how that would be an issue for you. And FTR, I see teaching your children that God does NOT exist as just as much indoctrination as others teaching their kids there IS a God. Its all the same- us projecting our own ideas onto our children.

I guess at this point in time, til something changes, which will be soon I believe, your option is to a) let them go if thats what they want, and let them decide fore themselves, or b) let them colour in for half an hour a week if thats what they want.

I am not trying to belittle your dilemma, but I am not going to pretend I am not Christian to suit your agenda.

I was actually trying to demonstrate how religion creeps in everywhere.
    And how it is unfair.
    Religion really has no place in a secular school - but it is there.

Don't worry - I am taking action...my 'agenda' is to have fairness.

I don't actually 'teach' my kids that god does not exist (but thanks for asking) , we explore (in a child appropriate way) ALL of the religions & cultures of the world.
    I don't project anything onto them... that would be a form of indoctrination - which I personally don't believe in.

Can I just say again.
    because it's really offensive that you have accused me of asking you to 'pretend you are not christian'.
    I just wondered if you were aware that by ticking that box - you become a statistic which influences our laws.
    If you want to tick it - tick it!
    Last edited by FiveInTheBed; 05-03-2012 at 22:37.