+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3240414243 LastLast
Results 411 to 420 of 424
  1. #411
    Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInTheBed View Post
    You are wrong.

    please look outside your box.


    I'm sorry - but this just shows you have no respect for other religions or other cultures.
    Wtf? Are you seriously telling me only Australia sees marriage between a man and a woman because it has more Christians?
    And I live inside a box?
    This arguing with you is ridiculous, you have serious hate issues with Christianity and its no longer worth talking to you.
    So I won't get the thread closed I'll stop posting, please don't quote me or single my posts out in the future. I won't respond, I'm pretty sure everyone else is sick of this exchange.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest For This Useful Post:

    OS&N  (06-03-2012)

  3. #412
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,834
    Thanks
    564
    Thanked
    1,962
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Annabella View Post
    I think so, not a dictionary definition but that its separate from religion?




    I don't doubt that, been there, seen that.


    As is my faith which is why I feel hurt and upset at being ridiculed.
    You are right Annabella. Your faith and your right to have that faith is just as precious as anyone elses right to have no religion.

    I hope I have not offended you or anyone else as I say from my heart that I do totally understand just how precious a personal faith is.

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ishtyban For This Useful Post:

    Annabella  (05-03-2012),delirium  (05-03-2012),trishalishous  (06-03-2012)

  5. #413
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tenambit.
    Posts
    9,037
    Thanks
    1,564
    Thanked
    2,936
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Annabella View Post
    I think so, not a dictionary definition but that its separate from religion?




    I don't doubt that, been there, seen that.


    As is my faith which is why I feel hurt and upset at being ridiculed.
    Thanks.

    So again I ask.

    We are not a Religious Family.
    I do not believe in Indoctrination.

    Where is our option in a state secular (secular meaning free/seperate from religion) school?




    I am not, have not and will not ever ridicule someones 'faith'.
    I'm pretty sure we agreed 'faith' and 'religion' are different things.

  6. #414
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tenambit.
    Posts
    9,037
    Thanks
    1,564
    Thanked
    2,936
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily of the Nile View Post
    Wtf? Are you seriously telling me only Australia sees marriage between a man and a woman because it has more Christians?
    And I live inside a box?
    This arguing with you is ridiculous, you have serious hate issues with Christianity and its no longer worth talking to you.
    So I won't get the thread closed I'll stop posting, please don't quote me or single my posts out in the future. I won't respond, I'm pretty sure everyone else is sick of this exchange.

    No...I am saying that there are different cultures out there that have a different definition of 'marriage'

    And I encourage you as an 'accepting christian' to look outside the box.

    (looking outside the box means - look outside the 'norm')

  7. #415
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    8,794
    Thanks
    3,395
    Thanked
    3,081
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    The one evolution vs creation? I just read through it. The one about bad things happening to good people was deleted, I didn't come into that one other than to say about the nastiness which was to everyone, nobody was quoted.
    Quote Originally Posted by halloweendee View Post
    thanks, and yes it was the thread i was talking about.
    where we were asked to post OUR opinions,
    not constantly quote other people's and disagree with them.

    as you can see i have not quoted any of share a books (or others) remarks as i believe everyone is entitled to their own opinion. that is what i believe a forum to be.....post your opinion and read others thoughts.
    This keeps coming up. You asked how people who believe in creation can dismiss fossil records. I answered by saying I believe in creation and evolution, and that (for me) the 2 are not mutually exclusive. That isn't disagreeing, it was answering a question. I'm sorry if it upset you. That was not the intention.

  8. #416
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,834
    Thanks
    564
    Thanked
    1,962
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I can see both sides.

    No one wants anyone to be forced into religion.
    Everyone wants the right to believe what they do.
    No one wants to be ridiculed.
    No one wants to be controlled by anothers, different belief.
    No one wants their children indoctrinated in to anything!

    We all want the same thing.

  9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ishtyban For This Useful Post:

    Annabella  (05-03-2012),SassyMummy  (05-03-2012),smallpotatoes  (06-03-2012)

  10. #417
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,125
    Thanks
    1,810
    Thanked
    1,694
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInTheBed View Post
    Thanks.

    So again I ask.

    We are not a Religious Family.
    I do not believe in Indoctrination.

    Where is our option in a state secular (secular meaning free/seperate from religion) school?




    I am not, have not and will not ever ridicule someones 'faith'.
    I'm pretty sure we agreed 'faith' and 'religion' are different things.
    I cannot change your kids school! Lobby your local member or something, I dunno, I don't care! I will not deny my faith- which is what I see deliberately not ticking that box! So your school is not secular, I can see how that would be an issue for you. And FTR, I see teaching your children that God does NOT exist as just as much indoctrination as others teaching their kids there IS a God. Its all the same- us projecting our own ideas onto our children.

    I guess at this point in time, til something changes, which will be soon I believe, your option is to a) let them go if thats what they want, and let them decide fore themselves, or b) let them colour in for half an hour a week if thats what they want.

    I am not trying to belittle your dilemma, but I am not going to pretend I am not Christian to suit your agenda.

  11. #418
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Qld
    Posts
    26,930
    Thanks
    2,736
    Thanked
    6,743
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Just in regards to religious education in schools - a lot of parents disagree with this in secular state schools, and disagree with sending their children to these classes not because they are opposed to each individual making that decision for themselves, but because sending your child to RE is not letting them make the choice for themselves, it's having them be exposed to only whatever religion they talk about in that class, and being taught in a preachy way, not a "this is what some people believe," way.

    Also, I don't believe my 6-year-old daughter is capable of making any sort of choice like that for herself. When I was small, I knew the "fun" bible stories about the Ark, Adam and Eve and Jesus's birth. The cool ones. I heard that if you were good you went to heaven, if you were bad, to hell. That's not all religion is though, so to expect a child to make such a big decision based on so little information (and even if I read through the bible to her, she would not understand wtf was going on... jeez, interpreting that thing can be hard for adults to do!)... in some people's opinion, is absurd.

    My daughter will not be deciding this for herself as a child. When she is old enough to explore religions as an adult, she can do it then, and THEN make her choice, if she so wishes.

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

    FiveInTheBed  (05-03-2012),Guest654  (05-03-2012)

  13. #419
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,222
    Thanks
    1,146
    Thanked
    425
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i'm going to the nice peaceful buddhist thread.....lol

  14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to halloweendee For This Useful Post:

    Annabella  (05-03-2012),FiveInTheBed  (05-03-2012),MegaGuts  (06-03-2012)

  15. #420
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tenambit.
    Posts
    9,037
    Thanks
    1,564
    Thanked
    2,936
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Annabella View Post
    I cannot change your kids school! Lobby your local member or something, I dunno, I don't care! I will not deny my faith- which is what I see deliberately not ticking that box! So your school is not secular, I can see how that would be an issue for you. And FTR, I see teaching your children that God does NOT exist as just as much indoctrination as others teaching their kids there IS a God. Its all the same- us projecting our own ideas onto our children.

    I guess at this point in time, til something changes, which will be soon I believe, your option is to a) let them go if thats what they want, and let them decide fore themselves, or b) let them colour in for half an hour a week if thats what they want.

    I am not trying to belittle your dilemma, but I am not going to pretend I am not Christian to suit your agenda.

    I was actually trying to demonstrate how religion creeps in everywhere.
    And how it is unfair.
    Religion really has no place in a secular school - but it is there.

    Don't worry - I am taking action...my 'agenda' is to have fairness.

    I don't actually 'teach' my kids that god does not exist (but thanks for asking) , we explore (in a child appropriate way) ALL of the religions & cultures of the world.
    I don't project anything onto them... that would be a form of indoctrination - which I personally don't believe in.


    Can I just say again.
    because it's really offensive that you have accused me of asking you to 'pretend you are not christian'.
    I just wondered if you were aware that by ticking that box - you become a statistic which influences our laws.
    If you want to tick it - tick it!
    Last edited by FiveInTheBed; 05-03-2012 at 22:37.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Non-religious parents
    By notquitesupermum in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-03-2012, 20:06
  2. Ediquitte with religious figure
    By 1492 in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-03-2012, 07:55

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
BAE The Label
Versatile, premium maternity wear that you will love throughout pregnancy and long after. Cleverly designed for for all stages of motherhood so that you can 'Just be you (+1)'.
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
Pea Pods Reusable Nappies
Pea Pods are the smart choice when it comes to choosing what's best for you, your baby and the environment. Affordable and simple to use, Pea Pods keep your baby dry & happy. Visit our website to find your nearest stockist or order online.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!