+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 43 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    1 Corinthians 7:1-16

Now for the matters you wrote about: It is good for a man not to marry. But since there is so much immorality, each man should have his own wife, and each woman her own husband. The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband. The wife's body does not belong to her alone but also to her husband. In the same way, the husband's body does not belong to him alone but also to his wife. Do not deprive each other except by mutual consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control. I say this as a concession, not as a command. I wish that all men were as I am. But each man has his own gift from God; one has this gift, another has that. Now to the unmarried and the widows I say: It is good for them to stay unmarried, as I am. But if they cannot control themselves, they should marry, for it is better to marry than to burn with passion. To the married I give this command (not I, but the Lord): A wife must not separate from her husband. But if she does, she must remain unmarried or else be reconciled to her husband. And a husband must not divorce his wife. To the rest I say this (I, not the Lord): If any brother has a wife who is not a believer and she is willing to live with him, he must not divorce her. And if a woman has a husband who is not a believer and he is willing to live with her, she must not divorce him. For the unbelieving husband has been sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife has been sanctified through her believing husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy. But if the unbeliever leaves, let him do so. A believing man or woman is not bound in such circumstances; God has called us to live in peace. How do you know, wife, whether you will save your husband? Or, how do you know, husband, whether you will save your wife?

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInTheBed View Post

well apparently God invented marriage.

This is where is comes from.
    If you know the bible answer why did you post the question?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahTamar View Post
    Yeah I pretty much believe that she meant the thread that has been deleted. She states right there the evolution/creation thread... No need to be nasty Share a book.
    I did not disagree with her in the evolution/creation thread, nor did I agree or disagree with anyone in the deleted thread. That's not nasty, that's standing up for myself against false allegations.

Five in the bed, I gave a response.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Annabella View Post
    Huh? Where did I do that?

Coming from someone who told me i shouldn't say I'm a christian on a census form...?

We are not a Religious family AnnaBella...
    where is our option a STATE SECULAR school?

...at the moment it is sitting in the principals office for half and hour - away from their peers - to colour in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Marriage is between a MAN and a WOMAN.

where does this come from?

(bout the third time i've asked this by the way)
    I'll have to re read but from memory the Hebrew Bible ( Christian old testament ) actually does not say anything about marriage is between a man and a woman, it says under one of the commandments you can't marry certain people ( ammonites and I think eunuchs !)
    It does say certain sexual acts are prohibited ( sodomy with another man and with your relatives etc)
    Adam and Eve were not actually married ( there is no mention of it any way!)
    I have no idea about the new testament

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily of the Nile View Post
    If you know the bible answer why did you post the question?

because I assumed all the religious people in this thread would know the answer.

'this' is what is stopping gay rights!

why can't you see that the bible and religion is imposing on other people's lives?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    I did not disagree with her in the evolution/creation thread, nor did I agree or disagree with anyone in the deleted thread. That's not nasty, that's standing up for myself against false allegations.

Five in the bed, I gave a response.

The evolution/creation thread is the deleted thread.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If it's any consolation I also stated that I went to a Catholic school, as does dd. So it has nothing to do with public schools. Also single, never married, mother of 1.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We are not a Religious family AnnaBella...
    where is our option a STATE SECULAR school?

...at the moment it is sitting in the principals office for half and hour - away from their peers - to colour in.
    How did I dismiss your beliefs? I asked if it were an issue for you or your children, because if it were me personally, and my kids were really upset about being separated from their peers, I'd let them choose. If they're not upset colouring in then I wouldn't see it as an issue PERSONALLY. Are they the only kids in whole school who don't do RE?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    I'll have to re read but from memory the Hebrew Bible ( Christian old testament ) actually does not say anything about marriage is between a man and a woman, it says under one of the commandments you can't marry certain people ( ammonites and I think eunuchs !)
    It does say certain sexual acts are prohibited ( sodomy with another man and with your relatives etc)
    Adam and Eve were not actually married ( there is no mention of it any way!)
    I have no idea about the new testament

Oh come one!!

Seriously.

If you want to have a serious conversation stop cherry picking, please.

How many times has it been said that things in the bible can be taken metaphorically!?
    But this can't?

I'm not 'suggesting' this is what is in the way of gay rights... It IS what is in the way... poeple are fighting AGAINST it using the 'sanctity of marriage' as back up.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to FiveInTheBed For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (06-03-2012)