+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 43 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    to answer the op...

i don't class myself as religious in that i don't belong to any formal religion.
    i have my own ideas and beliefs which i don't push onto anyone else, i simply state what i believe in and why.

i've never posted in the 'religion' section before.
    i don't think you need to be religious to do so, same as i don't believe you have to have children in order to post in the parenting section.

if i remember correctly, i stated my beliefs in the evolution/creation thread, and it was you share a book, who began quoting and disagreeing with me.

i didn't respond as i don't feel the need to justify my beliefs. they are mine, and mine alone.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to halloweendee For This Useful Post:

Stiflers Mom  (05-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BerylsMum View Post
    I dont think she is telling you how to fill it out SAB.

I think she is just making sure that people understand that they don't have to fill it out.
    I'm not the one who said that, but it's moving fast isn't it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

Ishtyban  (05-03-2012)

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInTheBed View Post
    X% of people indentifying as X religion most definitely affects things.

Relgious Indoctrination in public schools being part of the Education Act would would definitely crumble if the majority didn't identify as Christian!!!!
    So you want Christianity eradicated?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInTheBed View Post
    Even when that one little tick could quite possibly be affecting the right for Gay people to Marry?
    I don't believe that is why gay people still don't have the right to marry.

FITB, I know you are very passionate about this but I think it is a bit unfair for you to imply it is because we ticked that box that gay people can't get married. I won't apologise for my faith, I really feel I have been very open and honest and now I feel like you are just starting this whole blame game all over again.

I am saying this in a soul-baring way, I am telling you it is hurtful the way you are criticising my and other's decision to choose a religion on a census form. I am not looking for an argument/debate, I'm just telling you so you can be aware that your words can be quite hurtful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    I'm not the one who said that, but it's moving fast isn't it.

I am tooo slow tonight..

sorry mate,

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily of the Nile View Post
    You're actually telling people what it is and how to fill it out?
    I don't think it's up to you, people who live in this country do shape it, whatever religion that may be, thats the beauty of it.
    Otherwise if we had no diversity, it'd be like?? What's a country with no diversity or freedom to practice religion however they like?

excuse me.

did I ask you to leave it blank?

no - I asked if you were aware of the snow ball effect that one little tick can have.

I carefully and slowly asked people if they think religion should be taken out of politics - I thought that most agreed?

This is HOW you can take Religion OUT of politics.

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Regina Phalange View Post
    Sorry to be way off topic, but for those who are interested, there is an invite-only private group for Religion Chat... not for people of any particular religion, but for people of ALL beliefs (chrstian, jewish, catholic, buddhist, athiest, and anything else!) who enjoy discussing religion and would like to do so in a non-judgemental environment. It is for respectful discussions only - no ridiculing, mocking or belittling allowed - just an acceptance of 'this is what I believe - But I am interested in hearing what you believe'. If you're interested, PM me for an invite
    I don't think I can join, I don't want to be scrutinized on every post unfortunately.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by halloweendee View Post
    to answer the op...

i don't class myself as religious in that i don't belong to any formal religion.
    i have my own ideas and beliefs which i don't push onto anyone else, i simply state what i believe in and why.

i've never posted in the 'religion' section before.
    i don't think you need to be religious to do so, same as i don't believe you have to have children in order to post in the parenting section.

if i remember correctly, i stated my beliefs in the evolution/creation thread, and it was you share a book, who began quoting and disagreeing with me.

i didn't respond as i don't feel the need to justify my beliefs. they are mine, and mine alone.
    I'll have another look, but don't remember disagreeing with you :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know you didnt ask me..

But , yes. I would like it eradicated as the political powerhouse that it has become.

I am totally not wanting to close down churches and ban faith...

but I dont think it should be the power that it is and should go back to being just about peoples faith..

Thanks
    Reviews

no.

I would appreciate if 'it' [religion] didn't have consequence on my personal life.
    That's all