+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 43 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInTheBed View Post
    That little tick in that box influences decisions made in politics.

It becomes part of statistics that influence decisions (laws) that may rest on or have a basis from Relgion.
    Yeah I know, but I don't feel I can deny my faith, as silly as that sounds since its just a stupid census form. I feel like I would be denying God, and to me, thats gutless (considering I do believe in him).

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahTamar View Post
    I have no idea if this is a reliable source. All I did was Google 'Hitlers religion' and came up with pages and pages that he was a practicing Roman Catholic but most religions preachers teach that he was an atheist as they don't want the church to look bad.
    Yes I think you'll find alot things in the Internet about Hitler, but they don't know his religion because he never practiced it.
    The point was lost in the first place anyway, Hitler killed because of their religion, atrocities are committed to religious people just as much as people commit.
    The point is people are evil, not religion.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Yes Hitler was catholic and even used christian rhetoric to justify what he did to the jews i.e. that they weren't christian so therefore inferior. That doesn't mean we tar all christians as being like Hitler, but yes he was religious.

Guest Guest
    He wrote in his book 'Mein Kampf' and declared in speeches his belief in Christianity.

...I'd say that is a pretty 'reliable source'

But anywhooooo...
    Are you actually saying Hitler commited what he did because of Christianity?? I think you're going to far there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily of the Nile View Post
    Are you actually saying Hitler commited what he did because of Christianity?? I think you're going to far there.
    I actually didn't bring Hitler into this debate --- You might wanna go back and see who did and ask them what they were implying???

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FiveInTheBed For This Useful Post:

SarahTamar  (05-03-2012),SassyMummy  (05-03-2012),Witwicky  (05-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Annabella View Post
    Yeah I know, but I don't feel I can deny my faith, as silly as that sounds since its just a stupid census form. I feel like I would be denying God, and to me, thats gutless (considering I do believe in him).

..that's a shame.

It's not just a 'silly census form' it is a very important informaton gathering tool.

Those laws won't change when the statistics are false

..and (IMO) this is where 'individual' beliefs cross the line and affect the WHOLE of the country.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to FiveInTheBed For This Useful Post:

Witwicky  (05-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    He wrote in his book 'Mein Kampf' and declared in speeches his belief in Christianity.

...I'd say that is a pretty 'reliable source'

But anywhooooo...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily of the Nile View Post

How did you get that from that?????

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SarahTamar For This Useful Post:

Witwicky  (05-03-2012)

Guest Guest
    I asked if he was atheist? I always believed he was, but obviously I never listened to his speeches or read his books.
    I'm not that interested in Hitler, the point was crimes are commited TO religious people, it's not just what everyone is proposing here.
    And YOU picked Hitler out of my whole post, it's why it's being spoken about.

You concentrate on what you feel religion is doing to you, without accepting that others do want religion in their lives.
    And people shouldn't have to lie on the census to please your agenda.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Annabella View Post
    Don't feel bad. It's not Census polls that influence political parties these days. It's regular and far more immediate polling.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NancyBlackett For This Useful Post:

Annabella  (05-03-2012),smallpotatoes  (05-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Hitler was racist, he had said many times the Aryan race is supreme, he placed Jews, Blacks and Gypsys as lower class and tried to eradicate them all plus I have read ( can't confirm
    If its true ) that to get the German Public behind the eradication of the Jews he was publicly telling them the Jews killed Christ so they must be eradicated ( it was not until the 1960,s that the Catholic Church actually publicly stated that Jews were not to blame )

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

Ishtyban  (05-03-2012),NancyBlackett  (05-03-2012)