+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't think I can be described as religious, however, I entered the translation thread and the earlier one be ause faith fascinates me.

I also love religious history and I love hearing people's interpretations of text.

Apologies if any of my random contributions have offended.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kristinandchloe View Post
    Most forums are public. You do not need to be invited into a conversation to participate. By putting it on a public forum you need to assume that people who don't agree with you (be it religion, parenting etc), will be commenting.
    Agreed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Most forums are public. You do not need to be invited into a conversation to participate. By putting it on a public forum you need to assume that people who don't agree with you (be it religion, parenting etc), will be commenting.
    Yes I realise that, but a bit of respect wouldn't go astray.

I just don't get why its NOT ok to voice your opinions about, say, formula feeding, but you can openly call a person who believes in God less intelligent, and it is ok? A partnered person can't say they 'feel like a single parent' when they are having bad day because single parents are offended, you can't say you believe everyone should give breastfeeding a go because formula feeders get upset, you can't state facts about the benefit of natural birth without people getting offended. But its ok to call someone stupid for believing in God.

I just think its rude.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Annabella For This Useful Post:

Deserama  (05-03-2012),NancyBlackett  (03-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    I just think that if people go into specific areas of bub hub they need to show respect.
    I definitely agree.

But to use the argument that posters were not specifically invited into the conversation is an invalid one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I definitely agree.

But to use the argument that posters were not specifically invited into the conversation is an invalid one.
    That wasn't my point, my point was that if religious door knockers come knocking you DO have a choice to not answer the door or tell them you are not interested, whereas a forum is different as its open to everyone.

Although bf are often told not to enter ff threads, partnered parents not to enter single parent threads etc. I am not suggesting non-religious people don't enter 'religious' threads, just that people are respectful of people's beliefs.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    Why do you enter threads about religions if not to understand it better?

Is it an attempt to discredit people?

Is it to prove them wrong?

Is it to make out like you know more than religious people?

Or is it something else?
    To discuss it??

You don't have to be religious to discuss it. Perhaps if you want it to be a religious-people-only discussion, then say so at the start of the thread.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (03-03-2012),~Marigold~  (05-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I definitely agree.

Um, I can't count the number of times people have been told to shove out of single parents sections because they aren't single and haven't been 'invited'.

And I completely get that when someone comes into the section and sprays anti single mother nonsense, but how is that different to going into the religious and spiritual threads and spraying anti religion views?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NancyBlackett For This Useful Post:

Annabella  (03-03-2012),Deserama  (05-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I definitely agree.

Where did I say that?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Annabella View Post
    That wasn't my point, my point was that if religious door knockers come knocking you DO have a choice to not answer the door or tell them you are not interested, whereas a forum is different as its open to everyone.

Although bf are often told not to enter ff threads, partnered parents not to enter single parent threads etc. I am not suggesting non-religious people don't enter 'religious' threads, just that people are respectful of people's beliefs.
    Religious door knockers do not take no for an answer. Yes you are able to say no they can not come in, but that does not stop them knocking weekend after weekend, talking to your dog etc etc.

If people are upsetting you ignore them. Report their post if you feel it warrants it. You control your response to them, just as you are responsible for your response.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PomPoms For This Useful Post:

Stiflers Mom  (03-03-2012),tatia&shura  (03-03-2012)

Guest Guest
    That go into a thread and mock people. There's a big difference.

Five in the Bed.
    what I want to know is HOW do they make up their own minds...what goes through teh head of someone who has chosen this lifestyle to make them accept 'faith' over reason.
    I think this is a good topic to start in another thread.