+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 43 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks for replying annabella.

What in your opinion is stopping that law from being changed ?

Sent from my LT15i using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Annabella View Post
    Yes I believe the laws need to be changed regarding gay marriage. Someone has a signature on their page or whatever it is saying 'marriage is a right not s heterosexual priviledge' or something like that, that basically sums up how I feel. I am not part of any church or anything tho so not sure if I am the view you are looking for.
    I am and my Priest has already said he would rather marry couples who love each other, regardless of sexual orientation than couples who get hitched solely because the girl is knocked up. Yes, that still happens.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInTheBed View Post

Hope you don't mind me answering this, but IMO it's the Liberal Party stopping it from changing, like they want to stop any progress made by minority groups.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The liberal party is headed by Abbott, do you think his personal religious beliefs affect his stand against this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

politics, basically. Although most Australians are not very religious, a lot ARE homophobic, sadly. I think the Liberal party is pretty behind in a lot of these things and labor don't have the guts to change things incase they lose votes.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Annabella For This Useful Post:

TheMadHatter  (05-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The liberal party is headed by Abbott, do you think his personal religious beliefs affect his stand against this?

Yes I do. It would be wrong to assume that someone's personal beliefs about the existence of a God or creation puts them in the same basket as Abbott. Which is how this all started basically.

I choose not to be a part of a church because of the very reasons mentioned, but I really don't like having my personal faith attacked, which it has been repeatedly.

Thanks
    Reviews

Gillard is an atheist and opposes same sex marriage.

It's entrenched community views that need to change in order to change political views on same sex marriage.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to NancyBlackett For This Useful Post:

TheMadHatter  (05-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Annabella what are the politicians using to back up their refusal to allow gays to marry?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NancyBlackett View Post
    Gillard is an atheist and opposes same sex marriage.

It's entrenched community views that need to change in order to change political views on same sex marriage.
    Yup this.... Even though there many who claim to not be christian, much of australian society at least has pseudochristian values, which are just as damaging to a concept such as gay marriage

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    I'm not attempting to patronise you.

You are getting very defensive because you can't deny these allegations occur.

You are incredibly indifferent to it all. We are having a discussion like adults. I don't think you yourself have molested anyone but if you want to take it personally, then go ahead
    In bold- you have really crossed the line there. How very inappropriate!

I am not getting defensive about bloody priests, I am well aware of the allegations and i think if you look back on my posts you will see I am not defending anything/one as its simply not defendable!

Again, not indifferent to THOSE particular issues. Indifferent to you and your hatred of anything based on faith- yes.