+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 43 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    You seem to be blaming people in here for things we cannot control and that have nothing to do with our relationship with God.
    I think she was explaining why she is passionate about this subject to someone who thinks these things should not even be discussed by grown adults... the selected quote seemed to do no blaming at all.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

Witwicky  (05-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think religion has caused a lot of
    pain so you do have to deal with defence, anger and confusion.

I think spirituality is beautiful but that religion destroys a lot of that beauty.

sent from brain to Iphone to BubHub~ a game of chinese whispers.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ishtyban For This Useful Post:

Ana Gram  (05-03-2012),PomPoms  (05-03-2012),Shoopuf  (06-03-2012),Witwicky  (05-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    That's a good way to put it BM.

I know that I, personally, have no issue at all with personal spiritual beliefs... but organised religion does not sit well with me.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

Stiflers Mom  (05-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    A very close family friend of mine was abused by a priest and my sister is a lesbian. Not to mention the thousands of others who do not have equal rights or have been abused. These are serious issues.

Your indifference is astounding.
    As is your rudeness and inability to accept that there in NO right or wrong here, people believe different things and that's ok!

I am not indifferent to those particular issues, however I do become indifferent to a group of grown women sitting behind their computer screens making assumptions about people because of their religion or lack thereof.

Stop trying to patronise me, it's not working

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks for your reply to my question SAB ...i gather you are cool with it.

Am still interested in other replies...

Sent from my LT15i using BubHub

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BerylsMum View Post
    I think religion has caused a lot of
    pain so you do have to deal with defence, anger and confusion.

I think spirituality is beautiful but that religion destroys a lot of that beauty.
    Yep. It's really the top end that causes widespread problems, rather than the individuals themselves. Personal relationship with one's God can of course be a beautiful thing but the institution of religion can cause issues for people both of an not of that religion.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana Gram View Post
    Yep. It's really the top end that causes widespread problems, rather than the individuals themselves. Personal relationship with one's God can of course be a beautiful thing but the institution of religion can cause issues for people both of an not of that religion.
    I guess my confusion is about Witwicky making statements against certain individuals with various churches and somehow (from what I gather) is putting it onto individuals in here who admit to having a personal relationship. I don't know what to say about that, I am not responsible for the actions of others.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Annabella View Post
    As is your rudeness and inability to accept that there in NO right or wrong here, people believe different things and that's ok!

I am not indifferent to those particular issues, however I do become indifferent to a group of grown women sitting behind their computer screens making assumptions about people because of their religion or lack thereof.

Stop trying to patronise me, it's not working
    I'm not attempting to patronise you.

You are getting very defensive because you can't deny these allegations occur.

You are incredibly indifferent to it all. We are having a discussion like adults. I don't think you yourself have molested anyone but if you want to take it personally, then go ahead

Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    You seem to be blaming people in here for things we cannot control and that have nothing to do with our relationship with God.
    Um, i'm not blaming people in here for anything? I'm discussing religion. The fact that you are religious does not mean I am blaming YOU for these issues.

Have a read back through my posts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana Gram View Post
    That's very fair.

The politics of religion drive me nuts. When Jesus was so unconcerned with the politics and conventions of his time, I am constantly amazed by the politics and conventions churches establish for themselves. I don't mean them entering government politics, rather than internal politicking that goes on and has gone on for hundreds of years.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInTheBed View Post
    Thanks for your reply to my question SAB ...i gather you are cool with it.

Am still interested in other replies...

Sent from my LT15i using BubHub
    Yes I believe the laws need to be changed regarding gay marriage. Someone has a signature on their page or whatever it is saying 'marriage is a right not s heterosexual priviledge' or something like that, that basically sums up how I feel. I am not part of any church or anything tho so not sure if I am the view you are looking for.