+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 43 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by princessleah View Post
    WOW. That's not disrespectful toward atheists and non religious people at all. Everyone is different, there will always be good and bad people no matter what their beliefs!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk
    My apologies if you found it disrespectful. I pretty much said exactly what the poster I quoted said about religious people and I didn't find it offensive- but I guess I've developed a thick skin after being on these threads for a while!

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    Did you know that people who want to abuse kids are more likely to find a profession that gives them better access to kids?

You don't like religion, we get that, but it is very wrong to tarnish everyone with the same brush.
    That doesn't explain why the priesthood has such a high rate of sexual abuse, they have less access to children then a lot of other professions.

I am well aware that paedophiles often tend to find employment with children, however they are more likely to offend against family members than strangers or children they work with. This is a fact. The situation regarding priests is a unique one.

I am stating facts, not tarnishing everyone with the same brush. I understand how this info is confronting to members of the church.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Seriously!!!????? You mob are grown adults arguing about this sh!t!!!!!!

*sigh*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Didn't Jesus tell priests to forgive the sins of others?

ETA Sorry wrong thread, can't delete on phone.
    Last edited by BigRedV; 05-03-2012 at 18:12.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Also wanted to add that I got married in January, and it is law in Australia to state that "marriage in this country is between a man and a woman to the exclusion of all others" and I was mortified when I was told it had to be said, considering some of our guests are homosexual.
    That's horrible! Completely unnecessary to have as well. No one needs a lecture in marriage and politics when they only came to celebrate your wedding!

(I was going to write I"d google when I was bored at work tonight and see if there's a loophole or something for you, but then I read you'd already gotten married... bit late )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Id like to hear from the religious people in this thread for their own personal view on gay marriage?

Sent from my LT15i using BubHub

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FiveInTheBed For This Useful Post:

naebie  (05-03-2012),Witwicky  (05-03-2012)

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Annabella View Post
    Seriously!!!????? You mob are grown adults arguing about this sh!t!!!!!!

*sigh*
    A very close family friend of mine was abused by a priest and my sister is a lesbian. Not to mention the thousands of others who do not have equal rights or have been abused. These are serious issues.

Your indifference is astounding.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInTheBed View Post
    Id like to hear from the religious people in this thread for their own personal view on gay marriage?

Sent from my LT15i using BubHub
    I've made it clear where I stand, and others in my church agree.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    A very close family friend of mine was abused by a priest and my sister is a lesbian. Not to mention the thousands of others who do not have equal rights or have been abused. These are serious issues.

Your indifference is astounding.
    You seem to be blaming people in here for things we cannot control and that have nothing to do with our relationship with God.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Given that a lot of laws are religion-based (or reasons for not allowing laws to pass), I think it's pretty obvious that religion impacts the lives of those of us who aren't religious as well.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

Witwicky  (05-03-2012)