+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I guess hijacking is subjective. Sometimes expressing a different view isn't hijacking... just expressing a different view lol. Threads tend of deviate from the original OP but that's how things go. Just like a conversation things tend to branch off. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Maybe people need to have that disclaimer that atheists aren't welcome in the thread if so many feel we shouldn't post in this section? a bit sad tbh but if it said that I would respect that request and stay out.
    well said.
    though im sure bubhub would be aware of the legal implications of discriminating against non judeo-christians.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to trishalishous For This Useful Post:

FiveInTheBed  (03-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Annabella View Post
    I personally like having open discussions, I don't necessarily only want to hear the Christian POV, I just don't want to see people being belittled because of their view. Just as I'm sure you might want to hear different perspectives to your own religion without feeling put down for your beliefs.
    Yes. Exactly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't think any one wants to exclude atheists or anyone else.

It just comes down to feeling attacked.

Like I said in another thread, I will admit to feeling defensive sometimes, it's hard not to when it's something you are passionate about, but I've tried to put that behind me.

I genuinely like to hear about other's perpective on these issues as I'm sure most others do too.

It just boils down to respect (from both sides)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maria -- I was one of the hijackers

I stated in that thread quite a few times that many people take the bible differently - some support the idea of evolution but with a bit of gods help, and others never stray from their own literal interpretation of the bible as they have been taught.

If you live within a society I think it is important to discuss the origins of a religion that shape our world so much.

When I mentioned these people I know identify as Christian I was told 'well they are not a true Christian'

..and funnily enough I kind of agree! - I was all for the 'take Religion out of politics' movement that happened around teh time of the last consensus -- I wouldn't say to someone 'You're not a REAL Christian, so don't mark Christian in the box' ....but I would most certainly encourage people to look at what defines them as a Christian and consider the effect it is having on our country.

[not limted to Christian...any religion - but Christianity dominates our country at the moment so that is why I have refered to it here]

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I enter them as many people in my life are christian and i like to gain insight!

i went to bible college and was about to become a pastor but I had a huge ..um 'revelation"
    and I am now atheist...
    but my kids go to christian school.

I am a walking hypocrisy! lol

sent from brain to Iphone to BubHub~ a game of chinese whispers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by trishalishous View Post
    i would argue that 'attacking' and 'expressing a different set of beliefs' are easily confused
    I agree it's different.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to NancyBlackett For This Useful Post:

trishalishous  (04-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BerylsMum View Post
    I enter them as many people in my life are christian and i like to gain insight!

i went to bible college and was about to become a pastor but I had a huge ..um 'revelation"
    I never knew that

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    you learn something everyday! lol

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BerylsMum View Post

and I am now atheist...
    but my kids go to christian school.

I am a walking hypocrisy! lol

Can I ask why? (if its not too personal)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I haven't read the entire thread... but...

I'm not religious. I'm an atheist.

I enter religious threads for a look. Sometimes people say stupid sh*t in them and I have to respond.

That's really about it. Say stupid crap, especially AGAINST me as an atheist, then I'll respond. When it ends up "why it's dumb to not be religious," then yeah, I'm gonna respond and tell you you're being stupid for thinking that. Cos you are.

(You is a general you. I'm sure that was obvious, but sometimes people like drag stuff out of context, so I clarified just in case... lol).

13. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

share a book  (03-03-2012)