Yesterday morning I had my first scan to see how my follicles were developing for my first IVF cycle. It turned out that there hadn't been as much action as I had hoped.
The appt happened so quickly that I'm trying to remember details but what I do remember is that between both ovaries I had about 6 or 7 follicles. Of these there were 2 large ones and the others were a lot smaller. The FS has told me to keep going with injections and we will reassess at the next scan which is on Monday. He mentioned the possibility of cancelling the cycle if there wasn't much change on Monday. He didn't really tell me much else except sometimes this happens (again in and out appt).
Of course I was devastated (but somehow not really suprised). I'm now anxious about Monday's scan as obviously it's likely I have a big decision to make. I am hoping that the decision is very easy eg: "my gosh they grown well and multiplied - all systems go!" or "Yep, we definately need to cancel"
I am worried it will be a not so easy decision and the FS will sit on the fence and make me decide. At the end of the day it's a very expensive gamble and I do not want to go ahead if it will be, quite bluntly, a wate of money this cycle...my DH's advise has been if it looks less the 50/50 chance of a good cycle let it go; if it's 2/3 looking good go for it...as you can tell he likes numbers and doesn't really understand that fractions may not help with this decision
I have googled a bit so now I have come to realise that in addition to size and amount of follicles there are other important signs such as blood test results and lining size etc. Google seraching has also suggested that quantity may not have anything to do with quality...
They have had to squeeze me in on Monday so I know I will feel pressured to quickly make a decision and leave and the FS will not have a lot of time. Obviously this is too important to do this, so I want to go in armed.
So I need some help around things I need to consider to help me come to a decision and questions I need to ask at this appt.
What should I ask or consider if this decision becomes tricky?
Thanks for your time!