+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Mould spots! HELP!

Hi ladies.

I have just discovered a few little mildew spots on the booster of my Itti AIO. I dry pail, wash every 2nd day and line dry. Someone on FB site suggested Oil Of Cloves but apparently is expensive, so I thought I'd pop in here and see what you could recommend to get rid of spots and prevent it happening again. Not really sure where I went wrong as they have never sat dirty for longer than two days...

TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    I cant help with how to fix it but are you in a very humid area?

Sent from my GT-S5670 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I cant offer any advice but Someone on here was having mould problems not long ago, maybe check that thread.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes we live in the hot, humid northern end of Aus, so mould is prevalent (I'v only been using MCN's for a month so I'm a little alarmed that its appeared already despite my best preventative methods!)

I did scroll through the first couple of pages to see if any other posts but will look a little further back, thanks KAan :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry pushed send too soon! Also wanted to say (in a nice way) I had a little giggle at thread title given your user name
    Anyway hope it's sorted for you soon! I noticed some spots on a trifold this morning, will see what it's like after it's washed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KAnn View Post
    Sorry pushed send too soon! Also wanted to say (in a nice way) I had a little giggle at thread title given your user name
    Anyway hope it's sorted for you soon! I noticed some spots on a trifold this morning, will see what it's like after it's washed.
    I found the other thread, thanks for the tip! There isn't an end result of what worked for her, but I asked for an update so fingers crossed she has a solution!
    It seems she has tried everything with no luck, which is worrying!

I didn't even click with my username! Hehe, funny! I'll let you know how I go with breaking my mould

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Eucalyptus Oil

Try Euky Oil. There's a cheap, water miscible (soluble) one available at most supermarkets. Put a little in a spray bottle with water, and wash your pail with it after washing the nappies. Put pail in sun for a bit, too. Sunlight is great at killing mould. If you have any Lavender, that will work, too. Vinegar soak the nappies with a bit of Euky oil ~ make sure you wash any essential oils well out of the nappies.

Lemon juice would work against mould, too.

There's some cheaper ideas for you.

Clove oil is a bit more expensive at abt 10 bucks for a VERY small bottle. Best reserved for toothaches or persistent mould probs. Good luck getting the mould GONE! Pls let us know here what works for you.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BaronessM For This Useful Post:

breakthemould  (03-03-2012)