+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Stronger positive test lines after period

Hi Peeps, I believe that I've had a chemical pregnancy.

I tested a very faint postive on Monday at day 11 (6 days after my grade 2 embryo transfer), then an hour later started to get my period! I am confused as to why my period came that early as I'm on crinone. It was a proper heavy flow period for two days (tues wed), cramping etc and now it has stopped. I do not believe it was implantation spotting as it was very heavy and after I got a bfp.
    I've been testing and I have increasingly got positive, stronger lines every day, its now a strong dark line. I have been told by the nurses to wait for my blood test in 3 days time.

I wondered if anyone had anything similar to this? Any words of wisdom while I wait?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I personally haven't had this happen but I have read of some other hubbers go through similar. Hopefully one will come in put your mind at ease.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How confusing for you. I have no experience personally but my best friend had her period for the first 3 months of her pregnancy with her DS, it was exactly how you explained heavy and shorter than normal. I don't want to get your hopes up but if you are getting stronger pos results I would be inclined to think it was a good sign. Some people bleed heavily during pg my mum being an example, she had a major bleed when she was 10 weeks with me and thought for sure I was gone but obviously I'm fine . I wish you all the best and have my fingers crossed for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I bled for about four days when I was about 6-7 weeks pregnant. It was enough for me to think it was my period (little bit lighter than usual but not enough to arouse suspicion) so I never took a test. I found out I was pregnant when I took a test eight weeks later.

I also have a friend who got her 'period' for the first five months of her pregnancy.

Fingers crossed for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your replies. Don't worry, I'm not getting my hopes up too much! I like to concentrate on the next cycle as a way to cope, so its very hard to be waiting around. I just want to discuss with my doc the next plan of action. *sigh*

I was fully expecting the test lines to fade so when I saw they were getting stronger I was really suprised.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Embryo implantation / placenta growth is a very invasive process. No reason why it can't sometimes trigger a bleed and still have things turn out OK.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I conceived naturally so not sure if it's similar at all but I got my full period when it was due (at 28 days).

Cramps, clots, heavy bleeding the works for 7 days.

Found out I was pregnant at 7wks.

Bleed on & off for the entire pregnancy. Now I'm looking at my happy, healthy 14mth old.

Good luck!! It certainly is possible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Opaque, wow. I had been looking online for stories like yours but couldn't find anything. Nothing where someone has had heavy period like bleeding so early on and still been pregnant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongley View Post
    Opaque, wow. I had been looking online for stories like yours but couldn't find anything. Nothing where someone has had heavy period like bleeding so early on and still been pregnant.
    It was a very anxious pregnancy for me because I couldnt find anyone who'd bled so heavily either with a good outcome. But he's here, and he's worth all the stress let me know how u go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well, I had my blood test results today and I'm officially up the duff! After 2 and a half years and sh*t loads of money. Ay carumba. Just in time, I turn 40 this year.

The nurse told me that the bleeding 'didn't count' as I was on crinone (which is a progesterone pessary). I still have my doubts as it was very heavy bleeding and cramping and I won't be happy until the ultrasound in a couple of weeks. Even then I'm going to be pretty wary until it pops out screaming and wriggling.

Thanks for the support everyone

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

jessesgirl  (16-03-2012),Suzi446  (05-03-2012)