+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Is it normal to feel pain 1 year after C-section?

I had a c-section 13 months ago,
    And in the past 2 months I have been doing exercise with no problems.
    My stomach (around the incision) has always felt numb.

Today I decided to try and do some sit ups. I only did 10.

But now (about 12 hours later) I'm in pretty bad pain around the incision, it almost feels like how it felt when I was a week post operation.
    It's just quite painful and extremely tender..

I would have expected this if it was a few months post c-section.. But a year? And I only did 10 sit ups!

I'm really worried that something isn't right.. I'm seeing my dr tomorrow about this because it just doesn't seem right, but in the mean time I was just wondering if any other mums have the same issue?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

I still get twinges on my internal scar over a year later, on the knot off point where they tell me the doc gives it one huge final tug when securing the stitches. I was really concerned about getting my ab strength back and healing properly, so I started to consciously hold my stomach muscles in for a gentle exercise from about six weeks. At about six months I started doing gentle crunches on an ab machine at the gym where I was able to do them sitting up and with really little weight. At both of these steps I was feeling pain on the scar. Now the pain it only occurs randomly after I've gotten up out of bed on a twisted angle in a rush to get the kids or something. I have not done any stomach exercises for a while though as I think that my ad muscles separated and was not diagnosed and I have been meaning to go to the doc about that.

So I don't know what is normal but my doc did say to me not to do sit ups until I had comfortably worked my abs with more gentle exercises, and I did that and I do still get pain after a year.
    I hope the doctor was able to help you. I think it is always best, when in doubt to go to the doc.

Hope my experiences helped,
    Okebro

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just re reading your post, I should clarify that my pain has not been as bad as you described for a really long time. I really hope you feel better soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ouch! I'm not sure it supposed to hurt that much.

Mine aches sometimes (11 months old) and so does mums (21 years since last one!)

Maybe go see a dr if it doesn't get better!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your replies, I have since been to my dr about other problems I am having down there and mentioned this to her, she said my other problems Sound like Endo, which I have suspected for a very long time, both my sisters have it and so does my mum.
    She suspects I have endo that's attached it's self to the scar, she felt around and could feel something wasn't right around the incision.

I have been referred back to the hospital that did the c-section.. Just waiting to hear back from them now.. If I haven't herd back from them by the end of the month I'm going through a private hospital.
    Fingers crossed what ever it is it can be fixed to some extent.
    Thanks again for the replies