Closed Thread
Page 84 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Hey stillfuntrin, usually referrals only last for 12 months. If you have a good GP they can open date them. Dr Chris at Redlynch is excellent and gave me an 'never ending' referral. Thankfully my end is near, but it is certainly much easier than getting a new referral every 12 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Ladies quick Question. I am thinking about taking aspirin 100mg per day as I have heard great things IVF wise. Is it true that regardless it can't do any harm to take it? I actually took 1 tonight and I decided against the drinking I really want to be at my best in 3 weeks or so when they put my bubba's back so I can go without.

Also heard about this pineapple core tablet you can get I have heard it is also good for IVF treatment success , anyone used it before?

Bella I hope you feel better soon. How's your little puppy going?

Musicalgal I actually got the aspirin thing from the wazza thread he reccomends it right? Plus then I googled it and found all these studies for it and BFP's so thought hmmmm.... I totally get your anticipation in wanting signs unfortunately for us IVFer's the medications take over so much it is hard to tell the difference..Not that I have being pregnant but I read a lot (sometimes way too much for my own good)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Hi Sharlee32

It's my day for being helpful (I hope). I have used low dose aspirin on a couple of cycles (unsuccessfully - but I don't think the aspirin impacted that).

If you do take it, make sure you stop a few days before your egg pick up and then restart after the surgery. The aspirin causes you to bleed more easily and therefore you don't want to have it in your system when you have surgery. If you are having a FET you should be fine.

It is supposed to help with the lining.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks DJ and yes FET this round. I have 4 x day 5 frosties and am transferring 2 this time. I read that about EPU and having to stop. I am seeing the FS on tuesday so I might just run it past him any way and see what his opinion is.

I want to throw as much into it as I can. We really need the frosties to work as we can't afford to do another cycle. We have spent $7000 already and stim cycles are so exspensive. It's terrible but I don't want to have to take a loan out or get into more debt for IVF. How do you guys manage? I guess we could save up again and try in another year or two...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Sharlee - what clinic/dr are you seeing?

In terms of money, that's why it took us 8 years to get to this point. We didn't have the cash to keep going cycle after cycle, so limited it so we could save up. We also ended up with a bit of credit card debt. When discussing how we would know it was time to give up, we agreed that we didn't want the reason to be money.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sharlee I have heard mixed thing on pineapple many culture use it for abortion /termination and it is a well argued topic help or hinder!!

Aspirin I agree the what was said about for a FET not so bad but be careful for a stim without your FS approving it. I think your FS should know what your on any future cycles have to be planned based on what did/did not work on previous cycles.

Finance wise we both work -a lot!! Save and pay for each cycle last year hit 50$k got a lot back in tax this year I have worked and saved it all for WDA's magic and will consider it money well spent. We have no limit financially if we stop it will be based on what I can cant do anymore.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am with Monash and my FS is Steve Mortzescki.. I deal mainly with Monash though and barely with Steve. they are in rockhampton so we talk via phone/ email primarily. Met the head nurse once when I had EPU she came down.There is also a QFG is Townsville and I think their prices are cheaper.

IVF/ICSI 1.. was $9500 and we got $5200 back. FET 1... is $2900 and we get $800 back...then their is my FS fees he is around $80 a visit get approx half back. the hospital in treatment was covered by my private health but I had to pay $300 for the anethesist..Plus I spent a lot on blood tests and ultrasounds ect outside of the actual cycle....so the prices just add up...I was actually surprised at the FET fee as their website says $1200 out of pocket?

Thanks Bella I will have a chat to him about it...it is interesting the pineapple thing is only the core and not the rest of it. These tablets are made from just the core...they are hard to find though. I went to two chemists and they didn't stock them.

Oh and I just found out today I have to use crinone twice a day for this cycle I almost cried as the crinone gave me the worst side effects from the whole treatment and I only used it once a day. I am still recovering from it now 4 days after stopping it. EWWWKKKK.
    Last edited by Sharlee32; 12-07-2013 at 21:10.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sharlee I am with QFG Townsville and FET is $2400 and I got $1100 back from Medicare so does seem a little cheaper the stim cycle was about the same as yours and I got back about $5500. I take 100mg aspirin daily along with frolic acid on advice from my FS. The aspiring helps to thin the blood which can reduce the risk of miscarriage also. On my last FET I had to use crinone in the morning and pressary at night but I don't enjoy the crinone at all!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Thanks for the kind words :)

I am way more prepared this time... I found that they were a little pushy when I lost my little man last year, I know the reason we are there is to get pregnant but Dr Y wanted DH to go for a scrotum US and wanted to start me on drugs straight away, I really needed time to deal with what happened and being away from the clinic was the best thing I could have done I am ready to go all guns blazing this time LOL, On the money side of things I just got private health cover with Medibank and I know you need to wait for a year to receive benefits for IVF ect. but without private health what is the out of pocket for that sort of stuff? Im not sure if we will ever have to do IVF as they cant find anything wrong and we have achieved pregnancy twice (not successful but we still got the job done) Is most of the fert treatments tax deductable, I know my D&C was but what about OI and stuff? I found CFC to be terrible at explaining cost and what not, they didn't even tell me how much my d&c would cost until the day I walked in!

Thanks
    Reviews
    DjTurner I didn't know you were in Townsville too. I thought most everyone was in Cairns. I am so excited to have a cycle buddy in the same town as me..well I actually live about 40 minutes out of town in one of the outer suburbs but I work there so drive in most days. Are you seeing Dr Chang or one of the others. I called up QFG last week and the lady I spoke too seemed so nice however I decided for my FET to just stay where I am as to change clinics I have to get an appoitment to see the new FS ect and it could take months and I do like Dr Steve, he was my gyno for years when I had cervical cancer so he knows all my history and I feel comfortable with him. I also like 2 of the nurses at Monash there is just the one there who just doesn't seem to care very much.

Stillfun sounds like you needed the break, hopefully you get your little miracle soon. Sorry I only know the IVF prices as I haven't done other treatments. I only got back my hospital fees from my private health which were about $1400 or something similar. I might go and see them though just to check I haven't missed anyhting as they do cover some medications/ prescriptions over certain amounts ect. After you spend over $1500? I think you can claim back some through your tax as well. Just ask medicare for a yearly statement.