Closed Thread
Page 83 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Flaussie: We're Wazza patients and had to wait 5 months to get our first appointment with him, but he is worth it. We are on our first cycle with him (and a previous cycle with someone else) and his approach is quite different. Our very first cycle with a different FS yielded 9 eggs with only 1 fertilisation, and that embryo was poor (5 cell). With Wazza, I got 13 eggs, 5 fertilised and 3 made it to blastocyst (two were BB grade), so something he does works.

Expect lots of drugs, believe all the stories about singing and him writing on you at EPU, and yes, he does give you valium. He and his staff are also absolutely lovely. In fact, the lady who had the same EPU and transfer date as I did got talking in the waiting room and she came in from Mackay, so you're not alone and we both agree anyone would be in good hands with the man.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nightchild80 For This Useful Post:

Bellavista  (11-07-2013),flaussie  (11-07-2013),Sunny15  (11-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sunny I hope everything goes perfectly for you

Musicalgal I hope your little one stays strong sounds like your numbers are great, mine never even implanted properly. I am startng to think that Wazza is a bit of a miracle FS. He has his own thread on here.

AFM started on the pill today and am doing a medicated FET cycle hoping for transfer on the 2nd August. DJ keep me up to date with your days as well we might be on the same cycle again for you this round.

I know I shouldn't but I think I deserve it so this week end I get to relax, eat badly and have alcahol for the first time in 6 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sharlee - You go right ahead and eat and drink everything that you have not been allowed to for 6 weeks. Both you and DH really deserve it...have a debaucherous time and feel normal again. Nightchild - well said....WDA is a miracle worker! Flaussie - you made the right decision in a second opinion and WDA is a guru. Logistically (timings of scan and BTs etc) , it may be testing, but stick with it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sharlee - Your plan sounds great! Fingers crossed for both of us! I have my scan on 22nd July so if its like the last FET cycle I should have ET on the following Monday (I think?) so looks like we'll be in the 2ww lounge together again 😊 I am going to try acupuncture this time and also a massage lady that a friend has referred to me and apparently she can double your progesterone with just a few massages! I'm not sure how certain it is but hey I'm willing to give anything a go 😉

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey fnqers.

Good to hear all the positive vibes and plans on this thread. They breed us tough up here in fnq! Sorry to hear about the rough times, bfns and 'back on the cycle' stories out there. But if u know anyone who understands how u feel, it's us.

You just never know what is the right thing to do. Stick with the clinic u know, try again another way, go to drastic measures and fly South. It's all gotta b weighed up, and there's no guarantees with any of it. Of course I am a wazza advocate since he got me my bfp, and he was frank and open about our over 40yo chances. He explained more than anyone what he was going to do, and it seems like his regular protocol. Who knows what it was that got us our bfp, there are so many variables in this game.
    But yes, for those who are waiting to see him, he is worth the wait. He's a joker, yes he makes u sing at transfer, he writes the number of eggs he gets on you after epu, and although he doesn't have a clue who I am and that I traveled from Cairns too see him, strangely enough I don't feel like a number. He is very personal. And all his staff have been very efficient and helpful even when I call them almost daily!

So afm -Sorry for those who read this and r on the over 40s thread too. (Mrs p and sunny) excuse me while I repeat myself.

At this point I'd kill for a little ms, just to really prove I'm pregnant! At 6wks I would hardly know except for tender boobies and a swollen belly from all the ivf meds. And even then, I'm checking my boobs and wondering. ... They don't seem as sore today. .. could my progesterone be dropping. ...? Sick isn't it, that I'm wishing for ms and pain!...I wonder if the years of ivf and associated hormones have immuned me from noticing these extra pregnancy hormones...I have been pumping my body with hormones on and off for a cpl of yrs now. ... my body probably reckons this is a walk in the park in comparison!

Still not sleeping very well. 2mnths ago I was in bed by 930pm every night and up bright n sparky at 6am. Now I'm awake at 1am, then again at 4am. Usually wake up to either pee, starving, or worrying if there are enough symptoms! Bring on the 7wk scan next Thurs!

Good luck to all those out there cycling, jabbing, waiting or commencing. Especially to Sunny who's off to South Africa 2mrw and AMPS off to Sydney on Sunday. Keep us posted. .. literally. Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Last edited by MusicalGal; 12-07-2013 at 07:26.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sunny I can only imagine what you are feeling today I hope you are all packed and ready to go. I hope your flights aren't too bad and enjoy your trip, good luck with it all and I can not wait to hear from you. xxx HUGE HUGE HUGS and LOADS OF LUCK.

Musicalgal I truly do understand how you are feeling right now and I just have everything crossed for you for your scan and the subsequent 5 weeks til your NT Scan.

DJ Like you I would give anything anyone suggested a go at this stage and if nothing else how nice would a massage be.

Nightchild great to here more feedback from a WDA patient and Flaussie I am heading down to him this coming Friday for an appoitnment and to set the dates for our next cycle with him we want to bank some sperm for just in case my partner is unable to on the day (his disability can make that a hit and miss thing so better to have aback up).

Sharlee I am so sorry good luck with your FET.

AFM I have a cold I feel lousy and dosed to the hilt on everything I can I don't want to be sick I am feeling so strong sick has no place in my world right now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sunny15: Here's hoping he works another (and the biggest) miracle for us! This TWW is starting to kill me and it's only 3dp5dt. Must keep busy!

Bellavista: So you're flying in today? I didn't think Wazza was back from his 1 week break till this coming Monday (which was why my transfer was with another QFG doctor on Wed). If not and you're flying in next week, you should try and get to the Regional Flavors Festival at Southbank! And sounds like a good plan to have a backup just in case.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nightchild Next Friday - Sorry I wasn't clear the 19th, I am so dizzy in my head right now withthis cold I feel upside down and inside out..

The Regional Flavours Sounds great thank for the tip will def check it out! Where did you have your scans? In Cairns?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Back for another go!

Hi Girls,Most of you wont know me I have been away for a bit trying to do this the natural way but it seems like I need to be back at the clinic, I rang today and made another appt. they told me I need a new referral because my old one expired which makes no sense seeing as they know more about me than any other doctor in Cairns, Im giving CFC another go only because of Libby but we shall see what Dr Y wants to do. Just thought I would pop back and say hi, Im ready for the rollercoaster all over LOL
    Last edited by stillfuntryin; 12-07-2013 at 12:17.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey stillfuntryin. I remember you :-) welcome back and good luck. I love libby and jodie at cfc. And you'll b going back in so much more educated than before so can challenge dr L and dr Y. Hopefully cfc aren't as busy and non-committal as they were last year. Yeh the referral thing happened to me almost mid cycle. I was like. ..but i was just here last week. ..? It's just a stupid govt paperwork thing. Keep us updated.