Closed Thread
Page 68 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    So very very sorry Bella, - make sure you let yourself greave, and take all the me time you need. We are all here for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    This journey deals us blow after blow. Unfathomably, we keep going back for more. We are here for you Bella,and all of us feel your pain in different ways.
    Do whatever it takes to get you through the next week. Xxx
    Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bella - You know my heart just breaks for you...I wish I could say more than I already have to make things better, but...... I think it is time for another cuppa and slice of red velvet cake!

MusicalGal - Glad to see that you are in for one last 'throw the kitchen sink' in cycle. Re: DHEA....wouldnt it be nice if all our medications were appetite suppressants!!

Blue - How are you? How is Hubby after his surgery?

MrsP - I was sorry to hear of your BFN, but I am so excited that you have got into WDA earlier and you are already receiving great service from him...bit of a change from QFG here, isnt it??!! Do you mind me asking why he prescribed Melatonin for you?

Maca - Forgive me, its a bit late....CONGRATULATIONS on your BFP How wonderful.

Amps - How are you going? Not long now for your phone consult with Sydney.

Welcome to all the new ladies, I will catch up on all your news and I wish you all good luck and a short successful IVF journey.

Domiffy, Stilltryin, DJ, Flaussie, btmac and wishful....gosh, I hope I havent forgotten anyone.

AFM
    So after being in a bit of a holding pattern...we now have some action. Our donor had her EPU for another couple on 24 April and our clinic would like to give her 3 weeks off before screening tests for us. AND....we now have provisional dates....17 July for my first lining scan in South Africa and 24 July is transfer....Im so excited, I could bust!!! The dates could change slightly due to the synchronising of our cycles, but those are the general dates. DP and I are working through dates to head over, but it could be approx 8 July. So now I am just waiting for AF to arrive and start the OCP. Woohoo....soon to be cycling again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sunny, - Wow! How very exciting . 7 weeks isn't long at all when you are organising a trip O/S. I'm guessing you will treat it like a holiday as-well. Do you know how many eggs/embryos your donor got for her existing couple? Or is that confidential? (I'm not asking, - just wondering if you're allowed to know.)

We didn't discuss the why's, as I was in the supermarket when they called. However, I have heard that it improved egg quality. Also I found this article on it which explains why. http://www.bionews.org.uk/page_70654.asp

I will ask the question on tuesday though! And I'm hoping it will help me sleep. May aswell have some good side effects for a change .

Bella honey, - Thinking of you. I hope you are O.K.
    Last edited by MrsPontipine; 05-05-2013 at 23:23. Reason: addition

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mrs P I think you must be flying down today, good luck for tomorrow. I was so so overwhelemed with all the information WDA threw at me (although never rushed) that I forgot to ask a number of things, make lists and check it all off. I am so happy you got sqeezed in so quickly.

Sunny As I said over the weekend I am so thrilled for you its moving forward the next 7 weeks will fly. I would love to have a lunch or dinner with all the girls here with you to send you off before you come back with a belly full of baby. Sneak in a final chamapagne!! Onceyou finalise your dates let us know a evening or weekend lunch day you have free?

Blue How are you and your husband? Is he recovering well?

Maca Have you tested again? I hope your feeling okay mustn't be long til your scan date now.

Amps Good luck at your review with a new FS its next week right? Fingers crossed it goes well.

Everyone thank you for your kind messages of support. It was evident at the scan the heartbeat had stopped the lady was lovely much nicer then any of the other sonographers we have had there. I am yet to here from the OB so my body still thinks its pregnant and hasn't yet let go, no bleeding as of yet. I am starting to get AF style crampy feelings very very mild though! I had a few drinks over the weekend very very silly as my body has no tolerance to alcohol after being pregnant and still getting waves of nausea thorugh out the day wasn't a pleasant experience at all. Wont be having any mre to drink for a while til my body stops feeling the way it does. Strangely we are both numb and haven't been terribly upset I think once it all finally starts is when I tend to crumble. I had a miscarriage at 11 weeks with my first pregnany and it was really painful and a horrendous expereience so I am a little anxious that it may be like that again and hoping for it not to be. I am working becasue I don't want to waste sick or annual leave when in a few months we will want to cycle again.

Have a good week every hi to everyone else hope your all well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

Sunny- not long now! I'm so excited for you!

Bella- hugs Hun xo

Everyone else- maybe we should change thread name to patients seeing WDA.

Afm: hubby doing well. Still eating puréed foods though. If I see another soup.... Still patiently waiting for my appt. it works out well as it gives us a bit of time to save for the next cycle

Have a good day xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh, I forgot...
    I have a friend who has issues with her ovaries and is using an egg donor (sister). Sunny, she wants to know does she need to pay for 2 cycles? How does it all work?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Bluemarlin, we just finished a donor cycle with my sister and this is the average breakdown of our costs, not all bills have been received though so allow maybe $1000 - $1500 either way.

We had to pay her full global cycle fee but her medications were included
    I had to pay the FET cycle fee but buy all my required medications ( under WDA there are a lot )

Ivf Global cycle for donor $8150 item code 13201
    Planning of cycle $ 180 item code 13209
    Pre anesthesia consult $450
    Egg collection $775 item code 13212
    Hospital gap / admin $ 885
    Cystic fibrosis screen $250

My fee's Fet cycle $2075 item code 13281
    Icsi $735
    Picsi $185
    Cycle Planning $180/ 13209
    Embryo storage $235
    Semen analysis $125 if needed
    Known donor coordination fee $1795 this will be discounted if you have had previous cycles, for us it came down to $550.

She may not need all of the above tests etc so that will change it and every clinic is differently priced but they submitted her global bill and we got a rebate on both that and my Fet account. If you have private health ask the pharmacy for an official receipt so you can claim on pharmaceuticals.

With the safety net, 20% tax back on medical, private health and Medicare rebate we expect to be about $10k out of pocket but we fly to Brisbane & stay fly so that all adds up to.

Hope this helps x

Thanks
    Reviews
    This was in Brissy not O/s though

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsP - Good luck for tomorrow. I couldnt agree more with Bella....write all your questions down, as you will be bombarded with information. I think our experience was the same as Bella and MusicalGal....we walked out of WDA office and straight into the pub next door!!! We needed a couple whilst helping each other absorb the information and what to do with it!! You will love him...he is VERY straight forward but caring, he just wants you to have a baby, as simple as that and is willing to do anything to achieve that...if he doesnt think he can help you, he will tell you, he wont muck you around. I dont know a male that does not like him....they all seem to click with him. On SA...yes, we are treating it like a holiday of a lifetime, with a couple of doctors appointments and hopefully come back with a little extra baggage. They are not allowed to give specifics of how the donor responded, however, our donor agency said "your perfectly wonderful donor did perfectly wonderfully ". I have sent an email to our clinic to see if they can give any details, eg how many eggs, did the embryos make it to blast, were there any embryos left to freeze....I dont think they can give that type of information purely because there are other influencing factors on how embryos perform not just the donor, but I will try. I know that they can advise whether it resulted in a BFP and they should know that in a week or so depending on whether it was a 3 day or 5 day transfer. But I do know that her previous donation resulted in a BFP.

Bella - There is no doubt that the upcoming weeks are going to be incredibly hard....I know you have an AMAZING hubby to lean on and we are always here for you too. Thank you for the bon voyage offer...would love it and I think a last champers or two is a must!

Blue - Glad to hear that DH is on the mend...I dont blame you guys for craving 'real' food. Regarding costs with a known donor, I would go with Maca's information, its very thorough...thanks Maca. I didnt have a known donor for my donor cycle here in Cairns, so my experience and costs are completely different. And my South African donor cycle is completely different again.

How are all the new ladies going? I think it may have been 8shan8 (sorry if I have it wrong) was asking about Dr Miller at QFG....I have had good and bad experiences with both QFG and Cairns Fertility Centre and my advice is that if you can afford to have an appt with both facilities, then do. Then you can see what each FS is like, their treatments, the costs, why the costs are different etc etc. The one thing I really did like about CFC is their Assessment Month prior to commencing any kind of assisted conception, Im not sure if QFG do an Assessment Month, maybe one of the other ladies can advise if they do. PM me if you would like more information regarding an Assessment Month and what it involves. Happy to provide any information I can.

Everyone else.